Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for mmorpg where you can building/crafting and collecting materials

looking for mmorpg where you can building/crafting and collecting materials

if anyone know some good mmorpg this type please write.
Tnx!

Comments

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
  • paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613
    wurmonline

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• GamewizeGamewize Member Posts: 956

Well, A tale in the Desert is solely crafting, but games like Eve, World of Warcraft, Horizons, and almost any MMO under the sun has some elements of crafting, but Eve and ATitD are the only ones where you can actually BUILD stuff.

I think it's the objective of your past self to make you cringe.

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143
    Pre-NGE SWG.  /sob.
  • RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253
    Horizons also has a fully developed building and resource collection system. In fact building a house in Horizons is quite a process.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• LilithIshtarLilithIshtar Member Posts: 667

Originally posted by Gamewize
    Well, A tale in the Desert is solely crafting, but games like Eve, World of Warcraft, Horizons, and almost any MMO under the sun has some elements of crafting, but Eve and ATitD are the only ones where you can actually BUILD stuff.
    Wrong.

There's Lineage 2 as well. Great crafting to make stuff and build.

Independant, Shinto, Lesbian, and Proud!

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Horizons crafting is fairly in depth, as mentioned above building a dwelling is quite detailed and silos for storage, pagolas, fountains etc can also be made to make the plot more homely.

Additionally you dont have to have a new toon for a different profession, in HZ you can switch crafting (and adventure) professions. So basically you could end up with 4 different professions and just switch between them depending on what your making.

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Id agree with Razor and Flem that Horizons is probably the best crafting game I have tried.

I did like AC2's crafting system a bit as well but that game is no more so.

EQ2 has a decent one as well, but it grows boring real quick and allthough they ligthened it up a LOT recently I still find it encumbersome, its not fun enough to be a hobby and allthough the dedicated players can make a decent coin out of it most people will run in the red, or close to it.

But, back to Horizon, I have not played it since a couple of months after launch but I have found memories of it.

The harvesting was, allthough not fun, it rarely is in any game, quite bareable.

The crafting was quick and had a lot of options as you could add "technigues" to most recipes.

But the real beauty was the house building and the community projects, wich I still have not seen in any other game to date.

Sadly the game lacked in many other parts but I still remember it as fun just for the crafting part.

I enjoyed teleporting around refilling my consignment slots in each town and village that had one, it was very satisfying when you got there and everything had sold out, it is the only game were I have tried to play the market, predict the needs of others, experimented with different types of goods and whatnot.

I migth need to resub now, just to check in, hopefully things have improved.

I actually left due to the total lack of any type of support other then via mail, if that, charging for something like that felt like a scam so I went on my way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------