Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHat are the basic features of LOTRO?

HAven't been really following this game so would like to know what this MMO should have?

Is it PvE or PvP or a mixture of both?
Does it have Raids?
Does it have crafting?
How many do they expect to be in a server?
Any other info about LOTRO would be greatly appreciated.

Just wondering as last I looked into this game there was no PvP at all.

PS:
I am a PvP inclined player and in my MMOFree Self-Imposed Exile until I find a decent MMO to play again.

Comments

• IbacaiIbacai Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by Kilim
    HAven't been really following this game so would like to know what this MMO should have?

Is it PvE or PvP or a mixture of both?
    Does it have Raids?
    Does it have crafting?
    How many do they expect to be in a server?
    Any other info about LOTRO would be greatly appreciated.

Just wondering as last I looked into this game there was no PvP at all.

PS:
    I am a PvP inclined player and in my MMOFree Self-Imposed Exile until I find a decent MMO to play again.

Well, where to begin...

1. It's a mixture but heavy on the PvE side. The PvP is totally consensual and it's called "Monster Play". It's where you choose to be a monster (Lots of different kinds) for a bit or stay as your rolled character. There will be different PvP areas (Zones) with different goals for each side. Don't take this as having fully playable evil races, as that's still not going to happen.

2. Yes, but we don't know how those raids will turn out or what they'll entail. We do know raiding isn't the main "gear up" system (Ala WoW) for LotRO.

3. Yes, there is crafting.

4. I don't know how many will be on each server at launch. We'll have to wait and see.