Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First FarCry Wii video

2»

Comments

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Originally posted by modjoe86

Originally posted by Anageth

Originally posted by modjoe86
    Why do people insist on shit talking about the Nintendo classics? Would you prefer they abandon games like Mario and Zelda? That would really piss me off, and I don't think I'm in the minority here.

I never shit talked them. I'm shit talking Nintendo as a company. I've had the NES, the 64 and a gameboy... I love the classics, but that's what they are - classics. It's like making clones of Liza Minelli for future generations. She may have been enjoyed at the time, but some people are tired of her now and want her to die in peace.

And what about the large number of gamers that eagerly await new releases of these games? Should Nintendo just say, "Fuck you nostalgic gamers, like Liza Minelli, Mario too must rest in peace."

I'm honestly not being sarcastic or anything, but do people honestly await a new mario? I don't have a single friend who likes the route Nintendo is taking, so I don't exactly have first hand experience here.

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701
    I'm definitely tired of Mario... Zelda I'm not tired of....

And I think its silly that Nintendo Fanbois think it's unfair to compare Wii games graphically to X360 and Ps3 games... When at the same time they love making the comparison that the Wii mote makes games more immersive... and more fun...
    Why should the comparison not be made? In every review of PS3 games there is a comment about the lack of rumble...

graphics increases immersion is a fact...
    rumble increases immersion is a fact...
    waggle increases immersion is a fact...

so if Wii is lacking in graphics ofcourse it's gonna be taken into consideration ....
    "Note that Graphics encompases art, style and design"

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• mithrandir72mithrandir72 Member Posts: 1,286

Originally posted by methane47

And I think its silly that Nintendo Fanbois think it's unfair to compare Wii games graphically to X360 and Ps3 games... When at the same time they love making the comparison that the Wii mote makes games more immersive... and more fun...
    Why should the comparison not be made? In every review of PS3 games there is a comment about the lack of rumble...

graphics increases immersion is a fact...
    rumble increases immersion is a fact...
    waggle increases immersion is a fact...

so if Wii is lacking in graphics ofcourse it's gonna be taken into consideration ....
    "Note that Graphics encompases art, style and design"

It all falls into the Graphics Versus Gameplay debate. Most people who like the Wii are on the Gameplay, and most people who don't like the Wii are on the graphics side.

I'm a Gameplay man. As I've pointed out in another thread, I love to go back and play the old stuff all the time. Because its great stuff. I could care less if it looks like the Atari, as long as its got good gameplay, I'm there.

However, we could debate this for forever, and it will turn out the same way as all the religious and political debates do. We're just going to have to buy what we want, and leave the rest to be analyzed by future generations.

Adding in my personal feelings about a certain company, I'll probably get a Wii first, and then maybe a 360. I'm still not totally sure if I'm going to get anything, but if I do, thats likely how it would happen.

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment;
    We are choosing to be here right now -Tool, Parabola

Originally posted by mithrandir72
    It all falls into the Graphics Versus Gameplay debate. Most people who like the Wii are on the Gameplay, and most people who don't like the Wii are on the graphics side.

You see I would agree with you Gameplay >>>>>>>>> Graphics in terms of Importance... But this really has nothing to do with the Wii...

Resident Evil 4 for GameCube was one of the best looking games.... Still is.... But next Gen Wii Developers Seem to think that making games that look like GC games or worse is good enough... And saying that Gameplay is more important than graphics is no excuse for placing some frickin polish on a game.... There is a difference in a game that doesn't have great graphics but just looks great because of the art style and polish AKA okami.... And a game that looks like a moving skid mark with crappy controls that you have to play for an hour and a half just to get over...(Red Steel i'm looking at you)

Developers have no excuse not to polish their games.... They seem like they are just trying to get them playable and kick them out the door...

What's your Wu Name?
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

You see I would agree with you Gameplay >>>>>>>>> Graphics in terms of Importance... But this really has nothing to do with the Wii...

Resident Evil 4 for GameCube was one of the best looking games.... Still is.... But next Gen Wii Developers Seem to think that making games that look like GC games or worse is good enough... And saying that Gameplay is more important than graphics is no excuse for placing some frickin polish on a game.... There is a difference in a game that doesn't have great graphics but just looks great because of the art style and polish AKA okami.... And a game that looks like a moving skid mark with crappy controls that you have to play for an hour and a half just to get over...(Red Steel i'm looking at you)

Developers have no excuse not to polish their games.... They seem like they are just trying to get them playable and kick them out the door...

I will agree with you on the Red Steel thing, I was really looking forward to that game and the E3 videos and gameplay footage looked badass. The game that is is stores right now is not the same game we saw back then, Ubisoft put it in a blender then glued it back together.

One game that, although it is cross-platform, but looks pure badass and identical (except for controls obviously) is DBZ:BT2 on the Wii and PS2.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• mithrandir72mithrandir72 Member Posts: 1,286

Sure, perhaps the graphics could use some polishing. But the thing is, I'll play it in any state, as long as the Graphics don't affect the gameplay. I buy graphic cards for my PC so I can run the games spec's and not lag too much. Thats it. I can understand somebody saying that they would like better graphics in the games, but I'm pretty sure the Devs are still working out how to make the most of the Wii-mote.

Would I take some better graphics? Yes. Do I need them? Nope.

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment;
    We are choosing to be here right now -Tool, Parabola

Originally posted by Spathotan

One game that, although it is cross-platform, but looks pure badass and identical (except for controls obviously) is DBZ:BT2 on the Wii and PS2.

And sadly thats one of the games i haven't played/seen as yet.. hopefully next monday i'll get that chance... But i dont know... I'd have to pass up some Resistance fall of Man time..... image

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by Anageth

From what I saw:

There's not a single shadow inside the building. It's only when he gets outside you notice them.
    Hello, polygon count? Did you see the detail of the models?
    Low resolution textures, see when he walks into the wall (don't get me started on what I think of these 'controls') how bad they are? Trees on the beach look horrific too.
    Viewing distance, and the quality when you see into the distance is pathetic.
    I'm only saying this as I'm the proud owner of Farcry Insticits: Predator on X360.

I noticed all that right away.  The real first killer was seeing that crack in the wall.  It truely reminded me of N64 days.  I just can't convince myself to purchase a Wii.  More and more it is beginning to look like a gimmick - a fad that will fade fast.  I was going to go for a 360 as well, but I am finding myself shunning consoles more and more and fully embracing pc gaming 100%.