Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now Availiable for Mac

Disney Online announced Tuesday that its massively multiplayer online (MMO) game Toontown Online is now available for the Macintosh. Toontown Online is an MMO aimed at kids and their families — you create a cartoon character and interact with other players online. Toontown Online costs $9.95 per month, and a 3-day trial version is available for download (it requires no credit card to activate).

Toontown Online is a 3D world inhabited by cartoon characters — Toons — that look they’ve come out of Disney’s classic Mickey Mouse animation. Toontown has been invaded by Cogs — humorless business robots who are bent on turning the world of Toontown into a corporate metropolis. Cogs can’t take a joke, so it’s the Toons’ job to play pranks on them (“gags”) like spraying seltzer in their faces or hitting them with pies.

As players succeed against the Cogs, they gain access to a new arsenal fo gags — everything from a Wedding Cake Throw to an Ocean Liner drop, an Opera Voice sound gag and more. The world of Toontown Online features an elaborate map filled with new places to explore and visit, and lots of other toons — both players and non-player characters — to interact with.

Toontown Online is non-violent and made especially for kids and families — it’s rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. The price of membership includes up to six separate “Toon” accounts.

Up to now, Mac users haven’t had access to Toontown Online — it’s been for PC users only. System requirements call for a 450MHz or faster PowerPC-based Mac or any Intel-based Mac, 256MB RAM, 300MB hard disk space, 32MB graphics system, 56K or faster Internet connection, Mac OS X v10.4 or later and Safari.

Price breaks are available to users who purchase the game in six or 12 month subscriptions (six months for $49.95 or 12 months for $79.95).

http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/11/28/toontown/index.php

Comments

• OH THANK GOD MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED MY FAV GAME FOR MY FAV OS caps