Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch question

spineshankspineshank Member Posts: 106
I just paid for the game a few days ago and was wanting to try the new character creation on the test server,  however it says my version isn't compatible.  It directs me to a site that says the one i'm needing isn't available.  Any way around this or am i going to need to wait til the patch is up on the website?

There is no best MMORPG, only favorites.

Comments

• eowetheoweth Member Posts: 273

Yes you will have to wait, even if you were to find and download the proper patch for the test server you won't have an account that can log into it yet, since the valid accounts mirror was made weeks ago.

If you want when the server comes up you can send yourself a trial key and play with character creation there before making one on your real account if you wanted. But sadly you will have to wait. Only a few more hours hopefully!

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Originally posted by spineshank
    I just paid for the game a few days ago and was wanting to try the new character creation on the test server,  however it says my version isn't compatible.  It directs me to a site that says the one i'm needing isn't available.  Any way around this or am i going to need to wait til the patch is up on the website?
    WAIT!!!!!!

FIRST:
    Copy the CCP folder to a new folder (Copy, not move)
    Then make a shortcut on your desktop to the EVE executeable in the new folder, name the shortcut: EVE Test Server

THEN use THAT shortcut to connect to test.  when at the login screen make sure you select the Singularity server (if it's up).  If it doesn't give a message about going to get files just re-select the server a few times.  Eventually a window will pop about updating your client.  Go to the site it directs you to.  It'll say one isn't available but there will be a 64mb download.  Run that.  When it asks where your files are browse to the copy of the CCP folder you made and run it in the EVE folder in there. 

The above is, of course, only going to work if you were actually playing EVE the past few days before the downtime and actually have a relatively up-to-date client on your system.

Then re-launch your shortcut and you should be gold.

NEVER EVER run the test server updates in your main eve folder.  Unless you really want to have to uninstall and re-install the game to play the actual game :)

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• dizirgeedizirgee Member UncommonPosts: 156

Anyways dont install test patches as this will make your client non-compatible with tranquility. Make copy of your eve folder and than apply test patches if needed. But as eoweth mentioned, mirror was done like 2 months ago or so. So your char wont be on test server...

But advice for future. In case like that, its best to reinstal your client and than apply patch. As there is always patch from "full client installation" to current version.

Wu name dizirgee->Tough Destroyer ::::40::

I`m Lawful Good Human Fighter Paladin
    and you?

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I can't even connect ot anything. I click on my EVE link and it starts to load and then just dies and disapperas.

OMG I CANT WAIT, it should be finished in 3 hours and then i CAN REALLY START my character woot BBQ.

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 

Originally posted by Cryomatrix
    I can't even connect ot anything. I click on my EVE link and it starts to load and then just dies and disapperas.

OMG I CANT WAIT, it should be finished in 3 hours and then i CAN REALLY START my character woot BBQ.

Cryomatrix

To me it seems that their web is working except my char and forums. But rest of it should work.

Also i dont want to ruin your good mood but dt is planned until 2:00 GMT => 5 more hours but i wouldnt count that servers will be up at that time....but we are used to it image

and you?

• pihlssitepihlssite Member CommonPosts: 213

gotta wait as the rest :)

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Originally posted by Cryomatrix

Cryomatrix

Ummm... sounds like you corrupted your install...
    Even if the servers are completely offline you should get to the login screen where you put in your login name and password and select signularity (test) or Tranquility (live)....

Might want to uninstall EVE and reinstall if the launcher isn't even opening properly.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• spineshankspineshank Member Posts: 106
    Thank you for all the responses.  I went ahead and copied my Eve folder and downloaded the 64mb patch into it.  It started up fine w/ the Revelations headline,  but it said my Username/Password was incorrect.  Oh well,  guess i'll just have to wait like everyone else ><, 

There is no best MMORPG, only favorites.

Originally posted by spineshank
    Thank you for all the responses.  I went ahead and copied my Eve folder and downloaded the 64mb patch into it.  It started up fine w/ the Revelations headline,  but it said my Username/Password was incorrect.  Oh well,  guess i'll just have to wait like everyone else ><, 

It says cause your account is not on test server yet, you said you paid for it few days ago, but mirror was from october 10th i think. So when your account wasnt active at that day, no test server until next mirror...which wont be that early i guess :(

and you?