Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

frig vs cruiser. come see for yourself(i just did it)

ManInTheBoxManInTheBox Member Posts: 75

a fine example of how new players can pvp :) with the launch of kali new players can start with most of what that guy has. In eve player skill/ship layout matters more than skill points ;)

*edit*

....that's how it's done

i have no idea wtf is going on here but i think this counts as a medium sized battle
(Also it's not really that dark in there :p)

Frig vs 4 ships lol

smaller ship not always ftw ;)

Comments

• ManInTheBoxManInTheBox Member Posts: 75

i have less than 1,000,000 sp and did this in a well thought out frig. i checked out the field when he warped out, jumped back out and waited for him to return then counted off enough time for him to engage the rat. he killed the rat and still had most of his armor. i ended the fight with full armor and stable cap. would of won the fight without the rat easy.
    With kali you now start off with around 800,000 sp so this could be done within a few days at the most now.

2006.11.29 09:04

Victim: *****
    Alliance: *****
    Corp: *******
    Destroyed: Rupture
    System: wouldn't you like to know
    Security: 0.3

Involved parties:

Name: Guristas Executor / Guristas

Name: Deaths Wisper (laid the final blow)
    Security: 0.0
    Alliance: NONE
    Corp: Royal Amarr Institute
    Ship: Punisher
    Weapon: Dual Afocal Pulse Maser I

Destroyed items:

Invulnerability Field I
    Depleted Uranium M, Qty: 2902 (Cargo)
    10MN MicroWarpdrive I
    Bloodclaw Light Missile, Qty: 1168 (Cargo)
    Large Shield Extender I
    Heavy Missile Launcher I
    Heavy Missile Launcher I
    Damage Control I
    Mining Drone I, Qty: 6 (Drone Bay)
    Stalker F.O.F. Heavy Missile I, Qty: 100 (Cargo)
    250mm Carbide Railgun I (Cargo)
    Medium Capacitor Booster I (Cargo)
    Heat Dissipation Field I (Cargo)
    Depleted Uranium M, Qty: 156
    Scourge Heavy Missile, Qty: 16
    Depleted Uranium M, Qty: 20

• lChaosllChaosl Member Posts: 40
    Well for those that would like to know, the system was probably Otsasai, Taisy, or Hakonen...am I right? No offense to you, but that was a horribly fit Rupture and he didn't have any light drones. From the look of the mail he was out mining.
  • McgreagMcgreag Member UncommonPosts: 495

Originally posted by lChaosl
    Well for those that would like to know, the system was probably Otsasai, Taisy, or Hakonen...am I right? No offense to you, but that was a horribly fit Rupture and he didn't have any light drones. From the look of the mail he was out mining.
    It was a passive shield tanking setup, maybe not my first choice on a rupture but it works nice on both stabber and vagabond so why not on a rupt. The only thing that looks a bit strange on the mail are the mining drones. Yes had he used medium/light drones it would been harder to kill him with a frig but still not impossible as they could be easily killed.

"Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason."

• ManInTheBoxManInTheBox Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by lChaosl
    Well for those that would like to know, the system was probably Otsasai, Taisy, or Hakonen...am I right? No offense to you, but that was a horribly fit Rupture and he didn't have any light drones. From the look of the mail he was out mining.
    No he wasn't mining. he was out ratting. i'm not sure where those systems are but i was out in the middle of nowhere. yes if he had drones it would of taken me a bit longer to kill him as i'd have to deal with those first. no he wasn't setup to pwn frigs but it can be done ;) and since i ended the fight at full armor i'm sure i can take down better equiped cruisers and still come out on top.