Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkwind: War on Wheels: Game Play Video

MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

This trailer shows gameplay from races, deathraces, and arena combats. In addition to the actual combat/race events shown here, long-term strategy is carried out using the website.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Comments

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221
    Would be ok if not the annoying "freeze" ups.. unless they weresome
    kind of strategic part of the game? in that case, an explanation would
    be nice.

The concept is pretty sweet though. If its anything like single player
    game "Death Rally" but with better graphics and multiplayer support
    then im intrigued.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Well, let's see. PvP and permadeath. Now we'll get to see all the "hardcore" guys have to think of some other excuse to cry "carebear!!". Makes me wanna load up my old Twisted Metal:Black on my PS2, though. But I'll pass on this one.

• AmorphismAmorphism Member UncommonPosts: 101
    hated it... image
    this trailer was edited horribly. anonying music, distasteful zoom in/out and stops, plus the graphic is bad.

• MirokataMirokata Member Posts: 107
    If they're actually designing the game around the idea that players will go through a split second "Order Phase", then watch a second of the game, and repeat this for an entire race... 

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848
    Turn based vehicle combat? WTF?!?!? image

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Originally posted by jimmyman99
    Would be ok if not the annoying "freeze" ups.. unless they weresome kind of strategic part of the game? in that case, an explanation would be nice.

The concept is pretty sweet though. If its anything like single player game "Death Rally" but with better graphics and multiplayer support then im intrigued.

IIRCC, its turn based, the pauses are players setting up there moves for the turn.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

I just played it. I'm just going to say that 1.) it's "unique" and 2.) I won't play it again. However, if it works for somebody else's idea of fun, go right ahead.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    And people wonder why this genre is dying.

More mom and pop shop MMORPG's please!

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• harry1harry1 Member Posts: 3

Would be ok if not the annoying "freeze" ups.. unless they weresome kind of strategic part of the game? in that case, an explanation would be nice.

The concept is pretty sweet though. If its anything like single player game "Death Rally" but with better graphics and multiplayer support then im intrigued.

The freezes are when players are setting their moves. It's a turn-based game, as it says on the game description here on mmorpg.com. Turn based games can be vastly more detailed in terms of strategy and control.. so I guess it's an mmowargame as much as an mmorpg.

• harry1harry1 Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Tinybina
    And people wonder why this genre is dying.

More mom and pop shop MMORPG's please!

Well let's see... you can either go with the big publishers and get more elves chopping trees and fishing, only with better graphics than ever!, or you can go with the indie publishers and get lesser graphics and original gameplay. Unfortunately you can't have both. It's actually the small developers that will save the genre, because the big boys certainly aren't willing to take any risks with their game design.

• willgarwillgar Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by harry1

The freezes are when players are setting their moves. It's a turn-based game, as it says on the game description here on mmorpg.com. Turn based games can be vastly more detailed in terms of strategy and control.. so I guess it's an mmowargame as much as an mmorpg.

For the slightly older people who dabbled in pen and paper games...this is is effectively a a version of Car Wars (under the GURPS system) or Autoduel (the Atari/C64 game from the mid 1980's). I have no idea if this new incarnation is any good but the old paper/computer games were a lot of fun....
  • Runny123Runny123 Member Posts: 177
    Blah... This game looks stupid.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Originally posted by Desalus
    Turn based vehicle combat? WTF?!?!? image
    Quoted for truth....ya no thanks. image

Joined - July 2004

• dimabernatdimabernat Member Posts: 1

to all that said about bad grafic's just know this game was devalpoed by 1 man and for only 11 month now.

this man not only working he is takeing care of his family too so realy if u count time this game been devalpod in a 3 month time of a working devalper so give the man a lil credit.

all the implant's of game not in. in a weak or 2 there will be a new implant of world map so u can travle take controll of base's defand and just trade trade trade and kill alot.

i sow ppl play a 1988 grafic game and pay a 6$ per month to play it so what? u wount play an unike game like this and u cant see alot of gam'es that are Turn Based and for free.

this is devolpant table http://www.dark-wind.com/indexJava.php?page=event.php&id=2876 

econamic that are working right now http://www.dark-wind.com/indexJava.php?page=event.php&id=2876

and here alot of info http://www.dark-wind.com/indexJava.php?page=event.php&id=2876

and now there even more car's some dud helping devalpod light tank's for the game in the world map this will be very tactical important veical.

and plz dont forget Auto Assult wich may be beter looking but all the feture's are alot less then in darkwind

currently i am now haveing most game car's and weapon and money then any other player.