Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

USB Mouse Problems

gothokaosgothokaos Member UncommonPosts: 145

Ok guys, here's my problem... first off our computers are connected to a switched outlet so we can turn off everything at night. Modem,Router,Light,Printer and puters... When she starts her comp the USB mouse wont work until she removes then reinserts it into the usb port. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? Thanks in advance!!

Gothokaos Maelstrom
Innoruuk

Comments

• hadizhadiz Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by gothokaos
    Ok guys, here's my problem... first off our computers are connected to a switched outlet so we can turn off everything at night. Modem,Router,Light,Printer and puters... When she starts her comp the USB mouse wont work until she removes then reinserts it into the usb port. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? Thanks in advance!!Gothokaos Maelstrom
    Innoruuk

Do you have the same problem without the switched outlet? You might try getting a USB to PS/2 adapter (my logitech USB mouse came with one I believe) and see if you still have the trouble. Also, what OS are you using? I know windows XP won't recognize the mouse at first if it's in a different slot, but once I get into windows and the new hardware wizard runs, it works fine.