Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shall I cave in?

OhlsOhls Member Posts: 25
I'm lurking around a bunch of different MMOs while waiting for AoC to be released. The true FunCom fan that I am I gave AO another shot but it just doesnt cut it anymore.

I stumbled apon WoW's site the other day and read some old patch notes. Alot of my mayor concerns seems to have been solved. BG queues have been cut down becouse of the cross server pvp(Or so I presumed). The insane pvp ranking system is going to be removed and replaced. Outdoors pvp is being revamped(yay!).

My only concern is that I rolled on a non pvp server back in the day. I have a lvl 60 warlock dressed in blue. Is there a character server transfer in place? I mean, can I pay to have my character transfered?

If not, Will I be able to make it to 60 with a rogue before burning crusade? With normal gaming hours? 4 hours a on avarage. I was thinking of rolling horde since I was alliance last time. Just for a change in scenery.

In short, Shall I cave in?

Thanks.

Comments

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

Originally posted by Ohls
    I'm lurking around a bunch of different MMOs while waiting for AoC to be released. The true FunCom fan that I am I gave AO another shot but it just doesnt cut it anymore.

I stumbled apon WoW's site the other day and read some old patch notes. Alot of my mayor concerns seems to have been solved. BG queues have been cut down becouse of the cross server pvp(Or so I presumed). The insane pvp ranking system is going to be removed and replaced. Outdoors pvp is being revamped(yay!).

My only concern is that I rolled on a non pvp server back in the day. I have a lvl 60 warlock dressed in blue. Is there a character server transfer in place? I mean, can I pay to have my character transfered?

If not, Will I be able to make it to 60 with a rogue before burning crusade? With normal gaming hours? 4 hours a on avarage. I was thinking of rolling horde since I was alliance last time. Just for a change in scenery.

Thanks.

Yeah I'm tempted to return to WoW too a friend called me up and said honor system is getting revamped. I was gonna wait til crusade hits and see if the honor system will give excellent gear for a level 70. I wish a next gen MMO would release tho cause I'd try anything that is well done and wont grind me into the ground

edit- dont roll a rogue. You will be number 1,000,000,000 rogue I'm sure. they get turned down for raids and guilds all the time man what're you thinking? Roll something helpful like a warrior, priest, druid, or mage.

• OhlsOhls Member Posts: 25

So I check out my old account, and find out the blizzard to support realm transfers. I'm all happy about it and then I read through the rules... Characters on a Normal (PvE) or RP realm may not transfer to a PvP or RP-PvP realm.

noooooooooimage!

This means that if I wanna roll on a pvp server. I will have to do so without support of my lvl 60 warlock =(

So I check out my old account, and find out the blizzard to support realm transfers. I'm all happy about it and then I read through the rules... Characters on a Normal (PvE) or RP realm may not transfer to a PvP or RP-PvP realm.

noooooooooimage!

This means that if I wanna roll on a pvp server. I will have to do so without support of my lvl 60 warlock =(

Hey go ahead and reroll that lock. They are like #1 for pvp I hear although my buddy claims shaman still rule. however with my shaman I always had trouble with locks and now that they've been buffed I have no doubt they pwn bigtime. I'm excited for you though cause playing on a PvP sevrer is a 360 from the pve ones. I had so much fun raiding the boats and stormwind with my guild its thosde fond memories that make me wanna come back

btw sry didnt anwser your quest bout the transfer. I knew they had transfers but didnt know bout PvE restrictions thats harsh

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572

Originally posted by vajuras

Thanks.

Yeah I'm tempted to return to WoW too a friend called me up and said honor system is getting revamped. I was gonna wait til crusade hits and see if the honor system will give excellent gear for a level 70. I wish a next gen MMO would release tho cause I'd try anything that is well done and wont grind me into the ground

edit- dont roll a rogue. You will be number 1,000,000,000 rogue I'm sure. they get turned down for raids and guilds all the time man what're you thinking? Roll something helpful like a warrior, priest, druid, or mage.

No, I think he should roll whatever the hell he wants. If he's the 1000000th rogue so be it. He's paying a regular monthly fee after all. You're supposed to play MMORPG to have fun for yourself not make other people happy.
  • abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

It gives m a few months of entertainment before I get tired of it. It's nothing fantastic, but there aren't many good MMOs out right now and the near future looks pretty bleak to me.

Originally posted by Tutu2

No, I think he should roll whatever the hell he wants. If he's the 1000000th rogue so be it. He's paying a regular monthly fee after all. You're supposed to play MMORPG to have fun for yourself not make other people happy.

yeah true plus we don't know if he plans to raid or join a guild so maybe it wont matter. my adivce had the end game in mind

• haudvicushaudvicus Member Posts: 176

I'll admit, being a lifetime Rogue myself, this isn't a party class. In fact, it's anti-group in many aspects. I'll break it down: You're a Rogue. You kill for money, and then kill for fun. You will be turned away a lot, and in deep lonely pain, you will kill many more. Always the system's fault.

However, you got PvP down with spikes. If you get good, you'll only die when you screw up. PvE is another story. One of the main reasons I broke off from the raid scene was the honest fact it wasn't worth it. I had trouble finding solid groups and the drops weren't frequent enough by far. ONLY three items away from the best set too. Lose-lose all the way though. Sad but true. But PvP became my game, and I got extremely good at it. As good as any Rogue can get in fact.

What I'm saying is play the class you want to play, whether or not everyone else agrees. Take it from some of my friends who stopped playing healer classes: THEY JUST KEEP TAKING DAMAGE!!! image

• jadams113jadams113 Member Posts: 5

Thanks.

Roll that rogue, but if you want to raid transfer your lock somewhere. GL.