Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about L2 - Ganked all the time?

linuxgamerlinuxgamer Member Posts: 126
I have never played this game and all the trial keys are gone.

I read this game has a lot of PvP. So if I get into this game, I can expect to be ganked all the time just trying to level?

The top level players are all in big guilds. So you cannot really solo in this game?

If you can solo successfully in this game, can you own the top dragon or is this reserved for a large guild master only?

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,106
    No you won't get ganked ALL the time, only some of the time. Just kidding, people getting ganked is actually quite rare now (atleast everytime I created new characters which is a lot). You can easily solo! Guilds don't just go around every single second killing new players, now since addition of Academies, they want young pups to level! Many people prefer to solo in this game, others like me, tend to want to group. There are grouping bonuses though.
    To get top dragon, you have to own Aden Castle.

~Greatness~

MMORPG Blog
    Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• linuxgamerlinuxgamer Member Posts: 126

Originally posted by Greatness

To get top dragon, you have to own Aden Castle.

That probably won't happen for me. Can I as a solo player own any kind of flying dragon? or am I limited to some kind of a small runt of a dragon

• SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280

You can mount a wyvern at ANY castle if you are the lord. Castles change hands quite often depending on which server you play on. Obviously more dynamic servers will afford you the opportunity if you manage to raise a guild and have some level of organization.

If you don't have a castle you are limited to riding a Stryder which cannot fly. Styders are hard to level and they're pretty much just for looks. To be honest, the wyvern is pretty much for looks, too.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,106

Originally posted by SantaClaws48
    You can mount a wyvern at ANY castle if you are the lord. Castles change hands quite often depending on which server you play on. Obviously more dynamic servers will afford you the opportunity if you manage to raise a guild and have some level of organization. If you don't have a castle you are limited to riding a Stryder which cannot fly. Styders are hard to level and they're pretty much just for looks. To be honest, the wyvern is pretty much for looks, too.
    Oops my bad, any castle.

~Greatness~

MMORPG Blog
    Currently Playing:
    Nothing