Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recently remembered Final Fantasy XI

So, I have recently been playing Final Fantasy XII, and it has recently caused me to start to miss playing Final Fantasy XI, I have read about how Final Fantasy XI has been "Dying" or suffering from major population loss. So I was wondering if it would be worth returning to. Before I quit on March 31, 2006, I was a level 55 Samurai, and that was like, around 7 months ago. If I start playing again, Will I be able to use my old character? I looked into it and I seen that the Content ID was still there. I was on the world Lakshmi. If I am not able to use my old character, which world has the highest population?

Comments

• Sean3000Sean3000 Member Posts: 6
    The big cause for people leaving is the difficulty of the game imo.
    Most people i've encountered leaving were because they had either been
    playing for a long time or most oftenly they say it's too time
    consuming or hard.

You have to really like this kinda game to get into it. I have quit
    after playing for a few months but i really want to return soon because
    of the community. As for the server thing, i was on Kujata but i hear
    Fairy is the place to be :D

Good luck, Hope to see you on. image

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
    Yeah im not sure what server has the highest population. All i can say is Im on Caitsith and no matter what time im on there is anywhere from 2500-4000 people on. Hope that helps a lil i guess.

• FastKatzwootFastKatzwoot Member Posts: 5
    I would think Caitsith has the highest population also but I'm not sure either.  See ya there if you decide to come back!

• Jo-GamerJo-Gamer Member Posts: 120

Well in my opinion its still pretty fun, and I wouldnt say its dying...  Still a good 2.5k ppl on in each server.  As someone else said in a previous post, this game is designed for people that like this sort of game.  So for someone that has an openmind and alot of patience.  But then again, making the game tedious filters out all the immature WoW-like kids. =PP

EDIT: Which in result = Best community. =D