Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hear this game has potential...

DrakenoraDrakenora Member Posts: 89

I got some old veteran SWG friends who recommended this game to me to try out: so I was wondering.

Is the battle/build system as special as it is said to be?

Anyways I'm trying to get into the beta, but sadly I havent been able to yet (I'm still trying though :D)

Opinions are encouraged

Comments

• herbboyBRherbboyBR Member Posts: 32
    same here man same here

-)G(- Herb Boy McPoT

• jordiincraasjordiincraas Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Its an ok game, if you like grinding alot. I've read that its supposed to have alot of quest but the only ones Ive encountered are the ones that drive its storyline along. They're pretty simple as is. There is a couple of odd quests that go along with the story, like buy a drunk some liquor and he'll tell you a story about the 9 Dragons. But still there is alot of grinding to get anywhere. The actuall combat is fun, I think. Its fun to watch all the cool moves. The build is pretty much basic. Not much details, there are some but no too much. Again all this is MHO.
  • StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165
    Bare in mind it's in closed Beta, maybe quests are still being added,
    there are portions of the game as the storyline evolves which haven't
    been added yet also I heard.

• redheroredhero Member Posts: 6
    so far in CB it's pretty decent, but I'm supposed to limit info that I give out so all I can really say is that there's much grinding, there's mutiple sections of quests with sub categories and so on. compared to other games, 9dragon's martial arts system is the best, so far.
  • ManicJediManicJedi Member Posts: 68

yes it is a grindfest but the way the skills add up it is very intresting and to me atleast, it makes ya feel like the ginding payed off in some way.

• redheroredhero Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by ManicJedi
    yes it is a grindfest but the way the skills add up it is very intresting and to me atleast, it makes ya feel like the ginding payed off in some way.

yah, he's right, mostly you just grind all day for level ups and for skill level ups. But with all games, it takes patience.
  • VifoVifo Member Posts: 3
    Yes it is a grindfest but it is a great idea how they set up the game. I think it will be a pretty good game just need to add more quests to it so you dont grind all day.

Originally posted by Vifo
    Yes it is a grindfest but it is a great idea how they set up the game. I think it will be a pretty good game just need to add more quests to it so you dont grind all day.
    I agree about the quests, they do need some more of them and maby that will come in time who knows. ( sorry to go off topic for a moment) Vifo is that a Pirates of the Burnning Avatar?

• VifoVifo Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Vifo

I agree about the quests, they do need some more of them and maby that will come in time who knows. ( sorry to go off topic for a moment) Vifo is that a Pirates of the Burnning Avatar?

yes it is a PoBS avatar
    Very nice lol I am looking forward to that game very very much LOL ( god I am a dork) ok hehehe back on topic lol

• salamanterisalamanteri Member Posts: 16
    Haevenly Demons use Yong Chun Boxing?

Dunno have not play as HD I have only played as LOB and Shaolin

• salamanterisalamanteri Member Posts: 16

Dunno have not play as HD I have only played as LOB and Shaolin
    Yong Chun movie was great Im not sure is this game related to it.. And it's Wing Chun..

• DentoDento Member UncommonPosts: 138

Being in closed beta for a few months with this game I can tell you (now that the NDA is lifted)

This game has potential but unforutantly Acclaim and the korean developers will not be coming close when this thing goes live.

It has to be THE worst POS I have ever wasted my time on.

And the complete lack of communication and respect for the player base is disgusting.

Thank god its free to play.

What ever you do, do not eneter a credit card number if they ask for one, Run very far very fast.

You can't say no one warned you

• ToocoolToocool Member CommonPosts: 21
    I played CB and this game is very fun i like all the features and i am a big pvp freak so this is a nice refeshing game for me being all i do in MMOs is PvP. I played WoW and the only way i could do Pvp is if i went into BG and i like 1v1 dueling better than a mass battle because it shows individual skill not a million ppl running around wacking each other. I also played many MMOs alot of the greatest ones acually like SWG which was the best game ever no matter what anyone says until the freaken stupid ****** update which completly and utterly ruined the game. I also played WoW which is not as good as it is cracked up to be. This game has lots of poetential but i feel like there are alot of n00bs that are going to play this game that are ***holes. I played the CB for the euro on accident because i thought it was the US version but anyhow the ppl on there were pretty much a bunch of F**s they said sh1t to me for no'one reason and talked crap like crazy.