Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes..

2»

Comments

• jwshaw88jwshaw88 Member Posts: 149

Originally posted by outfctrl

I came back after a year.  I was playing WoW and got really bored of the raids.  I have a 47 necro and a 25 beserker.  I am having a ball now.  I havent tried crafting yet, but I want to. 
    One thing I did notice, is that there are soooooo many spells to consider when playing my Necro, I sometimes get confused.  Maybe its because I have been away from the game for so long.  I need to get organized. 
    Damage spells, Buffs, Pets, Pet buffs, healing, Dark hearts......I can go on and on.  There are so many. 
    Come back...its fun and rewarding.

I agree, I left EQ2 early on, but I have always kept up with it a little here and there.  With the new expansion, the promise of a new race and a new "progression path" that didn't involve Qeynos or Freeport, my wife and I both picked up the expansion.  We are having a great time with the quests and enjoying playing on Faydwer much more than we liked the previous content.  We're only high teens right now, so I can't speak to the content further in, but we're planning to stay on faydwer as much as possible.

As far as the spells go, my best advice is to sort them by level, then work your way backwards through them, moving them to your hotbars.  I keep 4 hot bars up at all times, top row is damage spells and HO ability, second row is secondary items like group ally shield ability, summon rez stones, cure disease, etc.  third is buffs and fourth is utilites, like sprint, vision spells, summon food, recall, etc.  I find that organization from most used to least used like this helps me keep things straight.  I generally play way too many alts to memorize all the button icons.

PS, I love that tag about Necrophillia outfctrl, I just emailed that quote to several friends, LOL!

• mehhemmehhem Member Posts: 653
    I'll give you some of my experience with MMO's.  I started with SWG.  Played that since launch til the CU came out.  I quit for WoW for a couple months then resubbed and played both WoW and SWG til the NGE, then quit SWG.  I continued to play WoW til I had a couple 60's and then decided to quit.  I hadn't done any raiding as I did not have the time to devote to it.  Though I would like to raid sometime...  Also I did try Eve, though found the lack of an avatar depressing.  Also all that black space is boring after a week or so. 

Since I quit WoW and then Eve I've played a variety of non-MMO games. Oblivion, Hitman: BM, BF2.  I've tried several betas and have not found any of them to be appealing at all.  I'm sure you are aware of all the crappy MMO's that have come out this past year.

About two months ago I decided to try the other big MMO EQ2.  I started playing a bruiser and found a guild.  My guild mainly all europeans sucks and I need to find another since I live in the USA.  Game wise though I found it interesting and insanely huge.  The enviroments are gigantic, the quests are immersive.  The community seems lacking to me, but then again the game world is huge.  Finding a group is sometimes difficult, but not always.  Weekends are best for this. 

All in all, I'd say try it out again.  From what I've heard.. Its been a huge change for the better.  I'd definitely try and find the most populated server.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by jwshaw88

As far as the spells go, my best advice is to sort them by level, then work your way backwards through them, moving them to your hotbars.  I keep 4 hot bars up at all times, top row is damage spells and HO ability, second row is secondary items like group ally shield ability, summon rez stones, cure disease, etc.  third is buffs and fourth is utilites, like sprint, vision spells, summon food, recall, etc.  I find that organization from most used to least used like this helps me keep things straight.  I generally play way too many alts to memorize all the button icons.

I think I have 5 bars now.  I also have all my pets in there too.  A necro has so many spells, it gets confusing.

I will work on it tonight........after a few shots of tequila   image

• jwshaw88jwshaw88 Member Posts: 149

Originally posted by outfctrl
    Originally posted by jwshaw88

I think I have 5 bars now.  I also have all my pets in there too.  A necro has so many spells, it gets confusing.

I will work on it tonight........after a few shots of tequila   image

LOL, you know, a few shots of tequila might not be the best way to go about organizing things.  I imagine somthing like this...."man this setup is great <downs another shot>"....fast forward to the next day "man, what the heck is this crap <hells at roomates> ok, which one of you guys messed up my character last night?"  :D