Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help VERY IMPORTENT!!!

erezzzerezzz Member Posts: 17
Ok hers my question nice fellows!
if i buy guildwars nightfall and my other "friend" buys guildwars factions and he lets me to install his guildwars and i let him to install my guild wars and then on our computers well hav both of them installed! so my question is if each 1 of us will hav an account because i think u can start account with different cd key so if we hav 2 of them so we can actually hav 2 accounts??? in simple way will this thing work cuz we both really wanna hav all the chars in the game and if well have both games installed in our computers(differnet computers...) so will it work that we will hav them installed and each 1 of us will hav different account because of the diffrence between the cd keys????image thank u very much if ya'll help us out cuz we really wanna play this game it seems ROCKS!!!image
thank u.....(if ull help....image).

Comments

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

There is only ONE Guild Wars.   Every single person that plays the game is playing the same version.  The CD key is what unlocks your access to the different areas and professions.

There are retail keys for
    Prophocies
    Factions
    Nightfall

but there is only one Guild Wars.  If you want access to everything you are going to need all there keys (you can't share these).  It doesn't matter how you install Guild Wars on your computer.  Whether you buy a box copy or download it, or borrow cds from a friend.  The game will auto patch and after the update you'll have the same version as everyone else.  That said once you install Guild Wars once you don't need to install it again if you buy an expansion because once patched all version are the same. 

If you buy nightfall and your friend buys factions you each will have your own seperate accounts, BUT you WON'T be able to PvE together as you will not share any PvE environments (your friend will have access to only faction areas, and you'll have access to only nightfall areas - thus no playing PvE together).  However, you will be able to PvP together.  If you want to play with your friend in PvE you're going to need the same versions unlocked.  If you want all the different professions you're each going to need to buy both Nightfall and Factions. 

Hope that helps. 

• erezzzerezzz Member Posts: 17
    and is this true that the maximum lvl in the game is lvl 20??? and is it hard to get there and is it enough good???image

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581
    Levels don't really matter.  Thus the reason they give you the option to start at level 20 if you want.  If you do start a lvl 1 char you can still get to 20 very quickly.  In effect everything pre-20 is considered the "newbie areas" exspecially in Factions.  The main focus of PvE is working your way through the story.  Which isn't exspecially "easy," and then going around and hunting for skills or item unlocks.

So.

Yes, lvl 20 is the max lvl (and will likely always be the max lvl.
    No, it is not hard to get to lvl 20.
    LvL 20 is as good as any other number.  LvL 20 vs. LvL 20 is as balanced as LvL 60 vs LvL 60.  Or even more balanced.  But the goal of GWs isn't lvling.  Because you could hit lvl 20 in a single weekend.  It is about playing the game.  The PvE and the PvP.  If you are used to hitting cap lvl and thinking you are "finished" with the game then you probably won't get your money worths out of GWs.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Originally posted by erezzz
    Ok hers my question nice fellows!
    if
    i buy guildwars nightfall and my other "friend" buys guildwars factions
    and he lets me to install his guildwars and i let him to install my
    guild wars and then on our computers well hav both of them installed!
    so my question is if each 1 of us will hav an account because i think u
    can start account with different cd key so if we hav 2 of them so we
    can actually hav 2 accounts??? in simple way will this thing work cuz
    we both really wanna hav all the chars in the game and if well have
    both games installed in our computers(differnet computers...) so will
    it work that we will hav them installed and each 1 of us will hav
    different account because of the diffrence between the cd keys????image thank u very much if ya'll help us out cuz we really wanna play this game it seems ROCKS!!!image
    thank u.....(if ull help....image).

Ok you have 2 options here.

Option 1)

you create an account with your nightfall key

your friend creates an account with factions key

result: you and your friend CAN play together at same time but NOT
    together in the same area becuase your friend can ONLY play in
    FACTIONS, and you can ONLY play in NIGHTFALL.

Option 2)

you create an account with your nightfall key

your friend ADDS his faction key to YOUR account (make sure u do this through the GAME CLIENT, and NOT therough their website)

result: only you OR your friend can play at one time, you CANT play
    together at the same time, but you CAN play in both nightfalls AND
    factions.

Comparing option 1 to Option 2 :

you need to pick which one suits you best, whether 2 of you playing at
    the same time but never together becuase you can play only in your
    respective 1 game-chapter, OR having ability to play 2 chapters BUT
    sharing your account so when you want to play, your friend cant, and
    when he wants to, you cant (but u CAN play his character(s) when hes
    not playing, so thats a plus too, you dont start from zero to try a
    different class)

Hope this helps

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage