Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First View on Chaos

Over on WarhammerAlliance there has been a link to the Gamespy article that unveils Chaos.  To anyone that thinks this is a "wow clone" you must read this before you judge the game any further.  To anyone that thinks that you can't get away with much with a T rating, please read. :)

Chaos Unveiled

Notice this line:

"The first thing you do as a Chaos person is you're burning a city to the ground, loading up demon-fused cannons with body parts, and then firing them at a Bright Wizard. How cool is that?

We're actually trying to make the [Chaos experience] symbolic, so that one of the first things you have to do is bathe in the blood of dead birds so that the bird god can be infused in you and you can go off and commit Chaos activities in his name."

I mean seriously, firing body parts with cannons, Bathing in the blood of dead birds, and also not in the quote I put above, but they say that to get these body parts you'll be killing villagers.  :)

I wish luck to anyone that is still going to say it looks like WoW :)

---------------------------------------------
I live to fight, and fight to live.

Comments

• EldaElda Member Posts: 343
    oh man that was a good read, thanks!

Chaos is going to be awesome, I mean who doesn't like killing innocent villagers to put them into a hellcanon and fire them off!

• sjonasjona Member Posts: 194

and then you wonder if the game designers favorize a race :P

• dhartzdhartz Member Posts: 482
    Can some1 here be so nice too link me a pic of a chaos without theyr armor ^^? ty

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118

Originally posted by dhartz
    Can some1 here be so nice too link me a pic of a chaos without theyr armor ^^? ty
          Chaos are just evil humans with fancy armor. The only difference is that some of them get mutated. So, a chaos worshipper without armor on can range from anything to a regular human, to someone with 4 tentacles, extra mouths where his shoulders should be, a face that looks more like a melted candle, etc.

Use your imagination. image

• eumenidexeumenidex Member Posts: 170

Whoa! That was one Crazy article...Chaos is looking even more like the Favorite race now image

If they have a Good physical ranged class....that will be it. I'm sold!

Originally posted by dhartz

I don't think they exist...Recall something along the lines of "thier armor is a part of them"...Or maybe that was just the champions? image

• Distortion0Distortion0 Member Posts: 668

The Article is kind of lame compared to the last few(which were amazing.) It might be because I'm half asleep though. It might also be because it's looking like Chaos is going to be overpopulated, so they're tonning down their charisma for Chaos.

As for what a chaos Warrior looks like without their armor: they don't. True, Technical Chaos Armor is bound to the Warrior like a Shell to a crab. It not mundane, it's a give from your patron God. If they don't have Chaos Armor then yes, they are similar to normal humans.

PS: Watch the Q&A with Paul, it's much better.

PPS: "Well there goes our Teen Rating" "Well..uhh...what I really mean is 'flesh packages'"..."

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118
      Armor is only grafted onto the chosen of Chaos. (I forgot to mention that image)

But yes, Chaos champions, and chosen warriors and those like, have their armor grafted onto their skin in their traditional sadistic rituals. I don't think that'll play out too much into the game though, unless the armor you recieve is really really strong.

But still, Orcs are cooler. image

• BattleFelonBattleFelon Member UncommonPosts: 483

Well I've found my alt character - freaking wizard of Tzeentch! Looks way cooler than the undead mage I have in WOW. Flying discs FTW.

• VideoXPGVideoXPG Member Posts: 268
    THAT...WAS...AWESOME.

Man, thanks a lot for linking this. I can't wait to see more on the newsletter, they probably were thinking of just unvieling two chaos careers all along, so in the newsletter they can keep up that career pairing for detail on the site. That warrior and sorceror look great, I wonder if the Warrior will be a main tank or can switch from a Tank to a Melee DPS.

• HocheteHochete Member CommonPosts: 1,210
    I've been waiting for some info about Chaos for ages! GOD it looks insane, the concept art of that Chaos Warrior was nutts! I love all the 'firing body parts out of a cannon' bit. image
  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486
    Finally I can play the übah evil race I have always wanted to be. Bathing in bloodimage. I just can't wait!

• motiv3motiv3 Member Posts: 30

A very intruiging way to open a game..

WTF IT SOUNDS AWESOME! lol

So this opening will be sort of a opening quest or prehaps the beginners area or what?

I wish they would reveal openings for other races image

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Originally posted by motiv3
    A very intruiging way to open a game.. WTF IT SOUNDS AWESOME! lol So this opening will be sort of a opening quest or prehaps the beginners area or what? I wish they would reveal openings for other races image
    The part about killing villagers and putting them in hell cannons sounds like a quest, perhaps a public quest.  I think it compares to the description of the greenskin starter area where you're first quest is to kill the vultures that are picking at the bodies of dead dwarfs.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984
      I still cant wait to see the information on the Elves in WHO. Warhammer Elves are bar none some of the most organized war machines around. There white armor gleaming as they stab you with there glaives. They sort of remind me of Asian Samurai meets roman centurion. Anycase I have awhile to wait.