Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFX1 or PSO?

Just vote on the poll and post your opinion on it :).

Thanks~

-------------------------

Comments

• TelakiTelaki Member Posts: 361
    Minor Detail, but its an I, not a One. XI is the Roman Numeral for Eleven.

And as this is a FFXI forum, I'll be surprised if even a hadfull vote agasint it. So its a pretty bad place to make a Poll.

• Kaizer407Kaizer407 Member Posts: 66
    Dont get me wrong, i like PSO.. played it on Xbox Live, but its way to easy and gets repititive. Like ive said a couple times and over... There is no comparison to FFXI. Ive played many MMO/RPG but by far, this is the best one ive played
  • PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267
    FFXI is unique in the MMO field.  theres just no game like it.

• Sean3000Sean3000 Member Posts: 6
    It's a no-brainer image

FFXI hands down image

• FastKatzwootFastKatzwoot Member Posts: 5
    I totally agree, FFXI wins, no contest.

• UnrealSWATUnrealSWAT Member Posts: 186
    Played:

PSO Episodes 1&2: Level 100 and got bored, WAY to repetitive and easy
    Runescape: Level 60 and over level 700 in total, terrible game!
    Knight Online: Level 37, great F2P game but very repetitive
    World Of Warcraft: Level 57, couldnt be bothered to grind to level 60 and quit, too easy and repetitive, the graphics are cartoony and not even an attempt at realism!
    Final Fantasy XI: Great game, best graphics for a 4 year old game! Beats WoW for graphics I reckon! No where near repetitive, a great variety of things to do and the community really helps make this game even more incredible

So as you can see FFXI FTW :)

Try a post on the general discussion ;)

UnrealSWAT

• jandrews5883jandrews5883 Member Posts: 5
    I think posting this in the FFXI forum means you know what people are gonna say, heh
  • jillybean416jillybean416 Member Posts: 5
    I chose FFXI because it's obvious to me that it's the better game. 

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by PlanoMM

hahahaha, your not serious, are you/ FFXI is an Everquest clone if there ever was one!
  • UnrealSWATUnrealSWAT Member Posts: 186

Originally posted by Gameloading
    hahahaha, your not serious, are you/ FFXI is an Everquest clone if there ever was one!
    Now I think your not being serious ;)

FFXI is unique in the MMO field. that is too true ;)

UnrealSWAT

Whats your criteria that you're compairing it too? More importanly, Have you ever played FFXI? Seriouslly now.

Gamespot:

"Final Fantasy XI is equal parts EverQuest and Final Fantasy, clearly deriving gameplay fundamentals from the former"

Even critics speak of the gameplay copied from EQ.

Gamespot:
    "Final Fantasy XI is equal parts EverQuest and Final Fantasy, clearly deriving gameplay fundamentals from the former" Even critics speak of the gameplay copied from EQ.

So, You've never actually played the game, just come here to Preach what you read on the interweb. Because everything you read is true.

But thats not what you said, You said it was a clone of there ever was one. FFXI is hardly a clone of EQ. WoW is closer to EQ, Have you played WoW, or just read the Critic reviews?

Originally posted by Telaki

Gamespot:

"Final Fantasy XI is equal parts EverQuest and Final Fantasy, clearly deriving gameplay fundamentals from the former"
    Even critics speak of the gameplay copied from EQ.

So, You've never actually played the game, just come here to Preach what you read on the interweb. Because everything you read is true.

But thats not what you said, You said it was a clone of there ever was one. FFXI is hardly a clone of EQ. WoW is closer to EQ, Have you played WoW, or just read the Critic reviews?

I played both, and both games have striking similarities to Everquest. FFXI is EQ with a few added features, that is all. Saying it isn't is ignorant.
  • RinicRinic Member Posts: 715

Except for that whole you know, class system, crafting system, and battle system.

But you know, those have nothing to do with MMORPGs.
  • natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I don't know if it copied EverQuest or not but frankly who cares. Bottom line is FFXI is 100x better than EverQuest.

Oh and I'd pick FFXI over PSO from what I've played of PS (which isn't a lot..)

• evilmegamanevilmegaman Member Posts: 16
    well, unless all you care about is combat, and maple story is your favorite game on earth *ahem* don't play PSO.

If you want a huge game with a ton more content, get FFXI

w00t

• Jo-GamerJo-Gamer Member Posts: 120
    Eww!!  If FFXI was like EQ & EQ2 I wouldnt have played it for long.  Nothing like each other at all! image
  • GinjaTWGinjaTW Member Posts: 7

Hi, I’ve kinda re-done this topic in the general mmo discussion
    for obvious reasons (one being in the wrong place) and I’ve made it a bit more
    different to refer to help me on my academic essay on this subject. Your votes
    and comments would be helpful.

Thanks.

TrueWhipsnade
    --I'm the True Whipsnade--

Originally posted by Jo-Gamer
    Eww!!  If FFXI was like EQ & EQ2 I wouldnt have played it for long.  Nothing like each other at all! image
    *sigh* it is IS like Everquest, deal with it already. Its controls are a bit diffrent,as well as its presentation but its almost exactly the same thing.