Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Player Help!

RasereiRaserei Member UncommonPosts: 1,120

Whats a good starting server?

No that theres a trial, has the lower level population increased?

What class can solo pretty well early on? (Melee)

Any classes that can melee, heal themself, and solo well?

Comments

• reaperx9xreaperx9x Member Posts: 2

To be honest with yah id give up before you even start......

The game is controlled by chinese farmers and without a second account with a healer on it ur gonna be sitting on ur ass every 5 mins or popping heals like a junki and his dope.....

It is  very hard to make money in the game and because of the amount of farmers the prices of the good weaps are insanely high needless to say there is alot of ebaying going on in the game, getting a full weapon/armour drop in the game is very rare.

The "Raid Bosses" (stronger mobs that require large parties to take down) are mostly killed and farmed by yet again the chinese gold farmers (they login and kill the boss as it spawns leaving no chance for real players)

I spent 2 years playing L2 the game itself is good but it is well and truelly ruined by the ebayers, farmers and the piss poor drop rates

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,075

And once you've spent so much time playing the market legitimately without ebay and such and you're kind of rich as hell with 300m in cash you'll raelize that there's no reason to continue playing the game.

It is a very nice game but the company's poor maintenance of the EULA breakers has truly ruined what would have been a great game. I got a lvl 70 and i'm quitting for sure. It's a great game, it has a good base, but it has been hijacked.

I tried it and I liked it and i styaed with it 6 months but i was hooked on playign the market, actually being one of the few to actually afford his/her own gear legitimately. But in the end, you come to the conclusion of, what am I playing for.

You're pretty much playing with a mature crowd of botters and ebayers who talk shit all day over forums and accuse one another of ebaying/botting when they are both ebaying at least, botting is worse offense and isn't as common. In the end, I grew bored of the game as there wasn't anything I felt like i needed to achieve. The grind is a matter of time and has nothing to do wtih skill or cleverness. There is no point to really level and become a hero and for what purpose really.

I'll admit it has a lot of great features and amazing graphics and the gameplay is good, but i guess in the end, the grind caught up to me. I'm lvl 70, i'm 5 levels from subclassing, but I just can't take the bloody grind. It would probably take me 200 hours of grinding probably to hit lvl 75 so I can subclass and do it all over again. So I am just like blah. The PvP isn't exciting to me.

You can try it, it held my attention for 6 months. I can't rule out i won't go back to the game, perhaps all I need is a very long break. But i'm a go try out EVE .

Cryomatrix

P.S> I may as well answer your questions

1. You can go on official forums to get server personalities, i'd stay away from Franz, it's the newest server but has the most bots but hte lowest level people. You can go to teon it's a european server, bartz is the biggest US server, other than that i'd choose the server with the least latency rate or ping rate or whatever.

2. A melee class that soloes well that can heal and such. The thing is, if you're not going to have a 2nd account with a buff/heal pet and you're not going to have buffs all the time then i'd suggest a summoner type character, it starts out mystic but becomes melee sort of by lvl 40+.

You can go for a paladin class, it can heal, and the soloing is okay. In reference to speed of leveling solo.

It pretty much goes like this:
    nukers - archers - damage dealers - buff pets and/or tanks - healers

of course if you can find good parties a healer can level quite fast. If you choose to make a 2nd account with a buffer and healer that you can levle with manually you can pretty much choose a number of melee classes that will level kind of fast.

But if you want to stick wtih melee i'll give you a quick run down.

daggers = deal amazing damage but have trouble soloing at high levels
    Bladedancer/SWS = they are okay solo, a bit slow (BD > SWS), but groups will want to have your babies so at higher levels you won't have troulbes with groups.
    Tanks (DA, Paladin, TK, SK) = SK does more damage, DA is better tank and can do good dmg, paladin/tk in the middle
    Gladiator = a decent class, my lvl 70 is a gladiator, you can solo pretty well with a gladiator, it's not the fastest class but not the slowest class either. It has very good skills 1v1 and in my opinion, can do very well vs other classes in dueling at higher levels in c5.
    Warlord = focuses on hitting many enemies at once, you suck 1v1 but you rock 1v many, if you choose to get a buffer on a 2nd account, you could go SE and warlord and you'll level up really fast by yourself in the catacombs.

Paladins have a heal skill, I think SK have a vampire drain skill, DA's may have something like that but they kind of perform better in parties.

Gladiators/Warlords have a heal skill, it's not very useful, it's a 10% heal with a 10 minute refractory period. You could also try making a battle prophet, you will have tremendous capabilities to heal, you'll be wanted in parties, you'll be the number one buffer in the game, but you'll level up slowly. You can wear heavy armor, but your dmg sucks but you'll be very tough to kill though.

I love my gladiator but the leveling is just killing me and it's annoying that other classes can level up to 3x or more faster than you. Broken ass game :).

Have fun.

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • GalaxiacelesGalaxiaceles Member Posts: 154
    I"m just going to anwser your question, cause hating on L2 doesn't take too much effort.

Anyways .. melee solo ...

Technically the only characters that can do this and are considered "melee" are ...

Summoners ... everyone else requires a soul shot spam ( not possible with newbies )

Yes you can add buffbots into the equation, but I seriously doubt you have acess to one ...

• reaperx9xreaperx9x Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Galaxiaceles
    I"m just going to anwser your question, cause hating on L2 doesn't take too much effort.

Anyways .. melee solo ...

Technically the only characters that can do this and are considered "melee" are ...

Summoners ... everyone else requires a soul shot spam ( not possible with newbies )

Yes you can add buffbots into the equation, but I seriously doubt you have acess to one ...

and you can only do that efficiently at lvl 40 when u have done your class change to actually be a summoner so to become that class you have to be a mage 1st lol
  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,106
    Try joining Bartz, Seighardt, Lionna, Erica, or Hindemith (those are my favorite, don't know why but they are image)

~Greatness~

MMORPG Blog
    Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,075
    The lower level population has probably increased due to the free trial. L2 seems to be a game people alwyas want to try, too bad you can't really get immersed in the game until you are lvl 40+.

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280
    You can solo with any class up to 40. After that you should be in some osrt of guild where grouping isn't an issues and you'll have people who are playing or boxing support.