Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed

TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700
Closing Thread

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

Comments

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

why 1.5 and not just 1?

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Originally posted by SnaKey
    why 1.5 and not just 1?

Not sure what you are referring to?  The Skillpoint requirement?  Typically it takes about 1 month to reach 1.5mil Skillpoints on a character.  A player can hit 1mil SP before their first month is up fairly easily.  Typically if they reach 1.5 they've actually played a little over a month and that usually indicates that they are interested enough in the game to stick around for a while.  We make exceptions to the rule for some players but not often.  Basically because it just works better to be sure that someone isn't 1) just on a trial or 2) just going to cancel after their first month.

With the changes in Kali and our change in focus to be a specialized PVP Corporation we have bumped it to 5mil.  We have (and do) make exceptions to this for players who we know/meet and trust but the limit is to ensure that pilots joining have a solid base in the game and hopefully have at least some familiarity with PVP/Warfare.

• QronossQronoss Member Posts: 2
    I'm going to purchase the game today and I intend on trying it out for my trial period. I've been an Asheron's Call player for bout 4 years now, looking for a change and was recommended for EVE. I don't want access to anything the Corp could offer me except help figuring out how to play. If I decide to stick around obviously I'll be wanting to have the benefits of what the Corp and I can offer each other. I've been a monarch of two guilds for AC, both successfully run without any negative reputation, so I fully understand compatibility issues and I have no problem either telling or being told if we're not a good fit for each other.

Originally posted by Qronoss
    I'm going to purchase the game today and I intend on trying it out for my trial period. I've been an Asheron's Call player for bout 4 years now, looking for a change and was recommended for EVE. I don't want access to anything the Corp could offer me except help figuring out how to play. If I decide to stick around obviously I'll be wanting to have the benefits of what the Corp and I can offer each other. I've been a monarch of two guilds for AC, both successfully run without any negative reputation, so I fully understand compatibility issues and I have no problem either telling or being told if we're not a good fit for each other.
    Contact me in game and we can talk and see whether there's a fit.  I'm on most nights after 8pm Eastern US time and usually on but relatively idle beforehand.   I log in earlier than 8pm to check skills and evemail etc but don't generally actively play till after 8, when the kids go to sleep, because I'm playing with my kids but if I notice you trying to reach me I'll contact you back. 

If you miss me or can't be on at those times send me an EVEMail and we can discuss it.  If you do EVE-Mail me or Convo me and get charged i'll refund you the fee.  It's set to 10,000isk to deter the ISK sellers who like to spam EVEMAIL to players now and then.

• QronossQronoss Member Posts: 2
    My IG name is Qronoss. Not sure how to find out your IG name yet :) I work until 1015PM PST today, so I probably won't catch you before you catch me heh. I'll be on a lot tomorrow - day off...and Saturday - day off. :) Might be easier for you to EVEmail me first. :)

Originally posted by Qronoss
    My IG name is Qronoss. Not sure how to find out your IG name yet :) I work until 1015PM PST today, so I probably won't catch you before you catch me heh. I'll be on a lot tomorrow - day off...and Saturday - day off. :) Might be easier for you to EVEmail me first. :)
    *chuckles*

My in game name is in my sig:  Taram Caldar
    I'll shoot you an evemail and add you to my buddies so you don't get charged when you try to reach me.

Modified post.

Recruitment plug modified on 1/5/2007.... Thankyou.