Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

14 Day Trial Key help

2»

Comments

• stuart9976stuart9976 Member Posts: 4

I thought about checking out the trial since being out of it pre CU, but I get the same error message. I've tried changing the batch no. as the other thread stated, but this still doesn't work. I can't download the fileplanet version as you have to pay a subscription to fileplanet.

Is this game officially dead now then or something, I've sent no less than 4 email to supoport due to various problems and not a single response, not a single link on the news section of the main website is working.

• RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638

Do you still have your original installation?  If so, this might help:

You can actually turn your existing installation into a "trial" version OR you can make the SOE version work again?   

To convert a regular installation to a Trial (this will NOT affect your ability to play the full game):   - Right click on the shortcut you use to launch the game and select "Properties" - In the "Target" box it will say something like this: "C:Program FilesSonyStationLaunchPadLaunchPad.exe" /game:starwars

- Add this to the end of it:

/batch:2029509 /plan:460

- So now it will look like this:

"C:Program FilesSonyStationLaunchPadLaunchPad.exe" /game:starwars /batch:2029509 /plan:460

The ONLY difference is that clicking the "New Account" button will let you register a Trial account instead of a regular account.

Otherwise your gameplay is unaffected so you can use it to play the full game as well.  

Unfortunately I don't have the original any more, and I've already tried that batch no. thing in an effort to make it work and nothing.

By the way, what OS do you have?

Anyway try this:

There might be a hidden folder that is preventing you.

Here is the info I found:

.....you may not be able to reinstall until the next step is completed.

There is a hidden folder located in C:/program files/ called "Installshield Installation Information." If you are unable to see this folder, please take the following steps:

-For Windows 98:

Open "My Computer". Select the "View" menu and then select "Folder Options." A new window will appear, select the "View" tab. Make sure the area under "Hidden Files" has "Show All Files" selected.

-For Windows ME:

Open "My Computer". Select the "Tools" menu and select "Folder Options." A new window will appear, select the "View" tab. Make sure the area under "Hidden Files" has "Show All Files" selected.

-For Windows XP:

Open "My Computer". Select the "Tools" menu and select "Folder Options." A new window will appear, select the "View" tab. Make sure the following are set: Display the contents of system folders should be Unchecked. Hidden Files and folders should be set to "Show hidden files and folders". Hide extensions of know file types should be unchecked. Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) should be Unchecked. Once unchecked you will be prompted with a question. Select Yes.

Once you are able to see the "Installshield Installation Information" folder, please double click it. Inside you will find the folder named with a long string of numbers and letters. Please delete the following folder for the indicated installation:

{88038160-9BCB-47BE-A5C3-5CE2DC115509}-StarWarsGalaxies

Once this step has been completed the game should be successfully removed, and ready to reinstall."

Windows Vista x64

You have set the game as Run as Admin right?

Otherwise that is the problem.

I did what you said and it seems to be working now. It did some sort of software udate. Don't know if thats just a coincidence or it was a result of your advice, but thank you anyway.

I'm glad you got it to work. :)

• ninden7669ninden7669 Member Posts: 3

I have been trying for 4 days to get the 14 day trial working on my computer.  I have never played the game, but had been given the full version as a gift a few years ago, but never installed it.  Finally my brother convinced me to give it a try, but wanted me to use the trial as he and I will get incentives for his referral.  It kept hanging up in the download, but seeing posts in different forums, it seemed there was a way to use the hard discs for the install but change it to the trial via the changes listed in this post.  I made those changes, but when the station tries to verify the login it comes up with the following error

HTTP Status 404 - /trials/processTrial.action

type Status report

message /trials/processTrial.action

description The requested resource (/trials/processTrial.action) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.0.25

Any suggestions?  I have created 3 different station accounts and have done more downloads/installs than I care to recount. 

That offer ended on February 1st.

That is typical.

There is still a 14 day trial available though, through www.tryswg.com .  I tried downloading it and installing it a few times, but it kept hanging up and getting a catastrophic error at patch_09

Is there any way currently to change the activation to that trial?

Hmm looks like they added it back.

Now the trial is good from February 2 til December 16.

From Elyssa on the SOE forums:

Update for the NEW trial version!

Want to make your own buddy tokens without installing another copy of the game?

Want to introduce a friend to the game without the need for two large downloads?

Use the method above to convert a "regular" install from your discs (or your existing installation) but add this to the shortcut instead:

/promo:106

So the full shortcut should look like:

"C:Program FilesSonyStationLaunchPadLaunchPad.exe" /game:starwars /promo:106

I tried this last night and the new trial account that it creates DOES give a buddy token.

Thanks.  I have tried that one as well, but no joy.  I am in the queue for live chat assistance.  When I enter that code, it hangs up when I click subscribe, then finally a message comes up that an error has occurred and to try again.  I hope it is worth it after all this aggravation...lol.

What is the exact wording of the error you are getting?