Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two Prefer Class

2»

Comments

• Ka7raKKa7raK Member Posts: 59
    Off-topic, spam, newbie exploit, too large font (disregard for common sense) and many other ugly names i can't say aloud =)
    Get the hell out of this website!

Blog Portugu

• karlz0rkarlz0r Member Posts: 158
    Ele/Me and W/Mo image
  • thepillarfrethepillarfre Member Posts: 36
    Ranger/Ele...great trapper...also rules Pve with barrage...

Though i love the Mesmer, i think N/Mo and W/Mo are great combinations for PvE (correct me if i'm wrong).

N/Mo » Healing and vampiric spells can make you too difficult to kill and Retribution-like spells are a great backup (much like the Mesmer's Empathy).
    POSITIVE: Large array of healing skills.
    NEGATIVE: While facing too many enemies, it might get difficult to damage them all.

W/Mo » Massive amounts of damage combined with healing spells is a great combination to try. They don't stand much of a chance against enemies that use Empathy because Warriors don't have many ways of dealing damage besides direct attack.
    POSITIVE: Strength, very good direct damage.
    NEGATIVE: Depends on direct damage (mostly).

Note: i'm not trying to make a review of the combinations. There are lots of guides that anyone can read to find out what's the best combination/build for the game. I'm just trying to give a little advice and correct me if i said anything i shouldn't have said.

Blog Portugu

• jojo999jojo999 Member Posts: 6
    D/Mo Dervish is cool, becouse of all the avatars you can play, it brings you closer to the god's, monk for healing and protecting, becouse the world would have been destroid if there were no monks.
  • illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517
    I think in a lot of ways, the Classes you choose are almost completely irrelevant b/c the Variety in powers within each class is so great.  Everyone gets some kind of heal, some kind of damage, some way to cope with energy issues, and some way of mitigating damage in the first place.  ...So in effect, the Classes you pick are almost purely Conceptual and up to personal taste that might not have anything at all to do with Roleplaying within the game.   If someone picks Necro b/c they're a Punker, then I'd say that's a natural progression of things since rolling an Assassin or Mesmer instead wouldn't really change the role that the person chose to play.    ...And the roles they choose to play are defined by the combination of Professions they take usually.   This makes their Role greater than the sum of it's Parts but also easier to define.   Usually they're one of the following:   Protector,  Curser, Nuker, MinionMaster, Spiker, Tanker, Healer, Buff-Bot, Degener, Sniper, or Runner.   (plus all the others I left out or haven't even encountered yet). 

While it's true that these roles all have their own Minmaxxable Ideal class/armor/item/skills recommendable for each one....

...It's not true that you HAVE to roll a certain build to achieve that playstyle (atleast not until End-Game anyway).

-iller (who is very partial to the Dervish/Mez  "Magekiller" approach)
    Originally posted by iller

If someone picks Necro b/c they're a Punker, then I'd say that's a natural progression of things since rolling an Assassin or Mesmer instead wouldn't really change the role that the person chose to play.    ...And the roles they choose to play are defined by the combination of Professions they take usually.   This makes their Role greater than the sum of it's Parts but also easier to define.   Usually they're one of the following:   Protector,  Curser, Nuker, MinionMaster, Spiker, Tanker, Healer, Buff-Bot, Degener, Sniper, or Runner.   (plus all the others I left out or haven't even encountered yet). 

I think the players according to one of the following:

- Game eficciency (the profession that dies less, the one that deals more damage, etc., but i think that's not possible in this game because it's so balanced. In KotOR i thought Scoundrels were cool until i confronted Darth Malak and simply couldn't defeat him.)

- Personal Style (i agree that gothics will play with Necros but then "cool people" will play with what?)

Then again, that's imho and correct me if i'm wrong.

Blog Portugu

• prokiller88prokiller88 Member Posts: 17
    My favorite classes would be assassin and dervish, Both can do alot of damage...
  • EuthorusEuthorus Member Posts: 491
    somehow my assassin has been the reason I stopped playing Guild Wars - she dies when a lvl 10 mob sneezes.

FUNCOM - putting the FUN in disFUNctional !

Originally posted by Euthorus

somehow my assassin has been the reason I stopped playing Guild Wars - she dies when a lvl 10 mob sneezes.
    IMHO, Assassins are great for 1v1 but not 1vMany. Anyway, my ME/E also goes down a lot of times when he has to face many enemies. The trick is to separate them or use the appropriate skills. A/Mo seems enough to deal with that problem of yours.

Blog Portugu

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

Originally posted by Ka7raK(...In KotOR i thought Scoundrels were cool until i confronted Darth Malak and simply couldn't defeat him.)
    I dunno, I beat the game with my Scoundrel/Guardian. Light Side, even.

But, to add to the topic, any single class or class combination will only be as good as the person behind the controls. Like me, I'm better with some classes than others, so I mostly concentrate on the classes I'm good with and accept that I'll never make a good primary Warrior to save my life. I know the class itself is good, but I'm no good with that class.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

Originally posted by VGJustice

Originally posted by Ka7raK(...In KotOR i thought Scoundrels were cool until i confronted Darth Malak and simply couldn't defeat him.)
    I dunno, I beat the game with my Scoundrel/Guardian. Light Side, even.

But, to add to the topic, any single class or class combination will only be as good as the person behind the controls. Like me, I'm better with some classes than others, so I mostly concentrate on the classes I'm good with and accept that I'll never make a good primary Warrior to save my life. I know the class itself is good, but I'm no good with that class.

I was Scoundrel/Consular (see why i couldn't beat him?).

I agree that people (not hardcore gamers) are better with some classes than other. I tried playing R/M but i just didn't like the need to fight with weapons. I definitely prefer my Me/E but i know i've died more than 100 times with him.

Blog Portugu

• tejontejon Member Posts: 1
    I would have to say N/Mo would be my favourite class. I havn't played GW for a while now so havn't spent a lot of time with the new classes.
  • tomwtom4tomwtom4 Member Posts: 16
    I like Monks because they can heal, and elementalist because i think the spells r cool

Tom

Don't post with that super large font. At least reduce it a little bit.

Blog Portugu