Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

long time daoc player, couple questions about the current state

erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395

Well since all other mmo's seems to suck a lot.. im thinking about coming back to DaoC for a while ;)

Ive sold all my account in the past, so all i have now is an account wich i started last time i came back (right after catacombs entered) because the 1st time i quitted for good was when NF hit.

Atm i have a 48 vampiir.. really loved that char, somewhere around rr4 or so :) was a wicked char to play :)
Is he still fun? or nerfed to hell and back?

can anyone update me the current state of the game with Catacombs expansion?

levelling speed, wich char is a good suggestion, server (hib is on lamo, so i have alb or mid available, and never tried heretic or the mid cata class)

Will i suck without the last 2 expansions?  wich BG's are used a lot etc etc :)

Thanks a lot in advance, and if any guild is recruiting lemme know :)

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Originally posted by erinys

Well since all other mmo's seems to suck a lot.. im thinking about coming back to DaoC for a while ;)

Good choice, I just made the same decision. 

Ive sold all my account in the past, so all i have now is an account wich i started last time i came back (right after catacombs entered) because the 1st time i quitted for good was when NF hit.
    "1st time you quitted for good"  - LOL... yep, I quit for good as well, about a year after TOA..yet here I am, back again.

Atm i have a 48 vampiir.. really loved that char, somewhere around rr4 or so :) was a wicked char to play :)
    Is he still fun? or nerfed to hell and back?

They nerfed Vamps a bit, but their still fun to play.  Only trouble is..there's an bunch of them, so getting groups is a bit rough..... (great for pwrleveling other characters though)

can anyone update me the current state of the game with Catacombs expansion?

I bought the EPIC edition, which also contained Darkness rising.  I find Catacombs a worthwhile expansion, the instance can be useful, as well as the Aurulite gear the Shar sell there.  Darkness rising? Meh... been in a few of the new dungeons, but no real appeal, you could live without it I'm sure.
    levelling speed, wich char is a good suggestion, server (hib is on lamo, so i have alb or mid available, and never tried heretic or the mid cata class)
    Currently we have double experience in SI, so it makes leveling very easy. Add in big group, camp, guild and tower bonuses (if your guild has one) and I've managed to create a level 30 Light Eld, a level 20 Void Eld, and a 31 Vamp... in about 2 weeks time. (and I do have a day job/family, so it hasnt been all DAOC during that time)
    Good characters... hard to say... play what you like... depends on your goals...but I've seem people playing almost every class and enjoying them. 
    If you're not playing on the Classic servers (Gareth, Ector and Lamorak), consider rolling a new character there.  That's where the most people are. It feels just like the old days on Garth, with new characters in the starter zones and you actually run into others when hunting out in the world.  And with the clustered servers, the BG's can be mad busy, with about 40-50 from each realm involved in the battles.

Will i suck without the last 2 expansions?  wich BG's are used a lot etc etc :)
    Nope, if you were good before, (sounds like you were) then you will still rock now.  Busiest BG's are Thidranki (20-24), Molvik (35-39), and the 45-59 BG (don't know its name)
    Thanks a lot in advance, and if any guild is recruiting lemme know :)
    Well, I play on the Hib side, so if you show up on Mid/Alb I look forward to ganking you. image But do consider giving it another go,  can always use more players.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395

Thanks kyleran, thats some very good advise :) thank you for the indept explanation

Yeah im a vamp on the classic servers, so im pretty sure thats what im going to start with right now to get the hang of the game back :) its been a while so im rusty for sure :)

He is allready RR3 or 4 orso (level 48 if i rememebr correctly) and was always an extreme blast to play, and very fast leveller :)

Guess ill meet you in hib then tomorrow or so :) if you know a nice guild, lemme know :) i'm not a beggar, or whiner and like to hunt solo aswell as in groups in RvR so im easy to have around :)

Dont know my ingame name anymore :P but ill know after im done installing (downloading now, about an hour to go before i can reactivate)

Sure, look me up on Gareth if you get online on the Hib side... I'll be on either as Blacklighte or Klowne. 

Don't really have a good guild recommendation, I'm in a new one but not sure about its long term potential.  Don't worry, plenty of guilds on Gareth these days, you'll find a good one I'm sure.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ShalandarShalandar Member Posts: 51
    Oh, great! another friggin vamp...just what the server needs lol .  Welcome back, btw.

Vamp on classic = you'll do just fine.

I wish the vamp was givien to a realm other than Hibernia. It brought
    the non skilled, and "i win-l33t skillz" type people to my server and
    ruined the community.

Happily an Alb atm and I enjoy waxing any and every vampiir I come across.

Originally posted by Shalandar

Happily an Alb atm and I enjoy waxing any and every vampiir I come across.

Now now Shal, quit making stuff up... not nice to try and trick the new folks....

• erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395

Well considering i have played from usa beta1 untill NF ^^ i can hardly consider myself new  ;)

Just new to catacombs (well thats what i started last time i got back, so im picking up there ;) and yeah.. i like OP'd classes, use to greygank all the time in the frontiers with my buddy porsches on merlin on my minstrel legar.