Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any plans to add some kind of - LFG interface to GW ?

RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

I played GW when it came out. Sure some people will not call it MMO , but thats beyond the point.

GW is excelent game with great gameplay and excelent worth for the money.

I have played until factions came out. And than i realised that my Mesmer can not compete anymore with buffed up Faction characters...

Anyway i am looking to buy Nightfall that is great as i hear. But one thing bothers me.

I dont like soloing , and am not that great guild person.

And GW lacks any normal way to find groups for PVE , except spammin local chat with requests.

If they would implement looking for group interface - something like DDO (which is GW clone anyway)
I would be flaying back to the game in no time...

Is there any plans from the devs to implement such thing ??

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

Comments

• AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

Originally posted by Rattrap

Is there any plans from the devs to implement such thing ??

Who knows?

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

A better response:

We don't know. It's a very popular request, and A.Net knows that the players want this, but they've made no firm commitment to actually implementing something like this. Well, Gaile Grey said something about that (I think it's been a while since I read the comment) and said we should expect some change around Christmas. They're pretty good about updating things when they say they'll update them, so we'll see when that happens.

As for the guild thing, I'm sure you could find a guild where you wouldn't have to contribute very much but could still have a good time. And honestly that's the single best way to play the game. If the guild doesn't suit you, just leave and find another one I say.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221
    Sometimes I wish for LFG too, but with henchman at my service (and with
    nightfall, heroes) I can perform often even better then players. In
    fact, I tried a mission with players 3 times and with henchment once,
    and i got very far with henchman, further then twice with people.

Definitely go with Nightfall, you get your heroes and just spend a few
    days leveling them up to your level (I spent about 8 hours leveling 5
    heroes to 20), you can also equip them with good items to make them
    better AND u can customize their skills too.

I would also recommend for u to get factions, I realy liked that oriental style (even though I usualy dont) of that campaign.

SPOILER:
    the following is a spoiler, i marked it in black color so you dont
    "accidentaly" read it. Got some tips on how to level your low level
    heroes if you are high level.

if you want to level your heroes and
    get good loot for them,do the following, when u get the WELCOME TO
    CANTHA (or something like that) quest (where you meet meninho (SP?),
    Cynn and some other allies), dont finish it. Go pickup some more allies
    (half way to the mission point) and then just go hunting mobs. The
    level 20 allies that are not your henchman will do a great job healing
    and nuking and killing so your heroes can get some good exp (and you
    too if u r not 20) and good loot. If you want to speed up with the loot
    thingie, buy Kantha keys, but in a long run its gonna cost u (keys are
    not cheap).

The loot that drops there is usualy
    high level, weapons are often "perfect" dmg/stat. Dont be afraid to
    lose your "allies". If u get wiped, just go back and start the mission
    again. Make sure you keep your low level heroes away from action (but
    not too far, im not sure if they receive exp if they are very far from
    you) and if you are about to get a quest reward (usualy with 3000 exp
    reward) make sure you have non-20 heroes in your group so that they
    benefit from that exp as well. This way I got 5 of my heroes to 20, got
    3 elite (2 monk 1 warrior) skills. Nightfall and Factions are
    definitely worth buying. Out of those 2, nightfall is more important
    due to heroes. Good Luck

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599
    Yes, henchman are cool. And it is true that they are often smarter than players.

But i like to play with other people. Not random parties tho.

But playing with people is more fun to me. With henchies its like playing singleplayer

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• Originally posted by Rattrap
    Yes, henchman are cool. And it is true that they are often smarter than players.

But i like to play with other people. Not random parties tho.

But playing with people is more fun to me. With henchies its like playing singleplayer

Yes but for heroes specifically its nice because there is no excuse not to create of party of any size of people and just add in some heroes.  You and a friend, you and 3 others, you and 7 others, its all good.

As for LFG I have heard ANET intendsto release something for that but I d on't know when.  I am sure that will be a free universal update just like Observer mode was.  Observer mode came in right around Mid december last year, wouldn't be surprised if something came around then too. 

As a sidenote because of the Hero thing I was saying above I would almost want to use an LFG tool to form a group based on personality not and class/rolle ;).

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

Originally posted by gestalt11

As a sidenote because of the Hero thing I was saying above I would almost want to use an LFG tool to form a group based on personality not and class/rolle ;).

I think you nailed that one on the head. I have a feeling groups are going to be more friendly. There's no need to be yelling "Need on Monk, Ranger and two tanks" anymore. I've also noticed a lot of "no personality" power grinders trying to group themselves with me without saying anything to you since NF came out. I think desperation has set in. As people figure out the real power of Heros and that they are so much more than "super henchmen" I have a feeling the landscape will change. In any event, I have read somewhere that they intend to or are seriously looking for an LFG interface, but I've not had any issues myself finding a group. I guess it's because I am out to have fun, not "win" and don't care who joins or what group I join. If the whole thing goes like crap and we get killed, big deal, we do it again or I try later with a different group. Part of the fun, for me, is improvising to see if I can work out a way through a mission with the available resources. Cookie cutter missions with this build and that set of skills, walk here, do this...is BORING. Well there is my two platinum for today. ::::20::

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Originally posted by VGJustice
    A better response:We don't know. It's a very popular request, and A.Net knows that the players want this, but they've made no firm commitment to actually implementing something like this. Well, Gaile Grey said something about that (I think it's been a while since I read the comment) and said we should expect some change around Christmas. They're pretty good about updating things when they say they'll update them, so we'll see when that happens.As for the guild thing, I'm sure you could find a guild where you wouldn't have to contribute very much but could still have a good time. And honestly that's the single best way to play the game. If the guild doesn't suit you, just leave and find another one I say.
    Yes. There is a large content heading our way in December or Christmas, possibly including the elite mission as well.

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

SWG had a LFG window that allowed you to label what you are LFG for and then people could invite you to their party or IM you after finding you via the LFG window.  Too bad there werent any missions in SWG to be LFG for.

I totally agree with this, anyways.  I have sooo many missions and runs and all sorts of stuff that I am always LFG for across all my characters.  I wish I could just list what I am LFG for somewhere, and if someone is looking to put together a group to do that mission, capture, run, or whatever, they can send me a /tell and I can go join their group.

This is becoming more and more important each campaign, because as the Guild Wars world is getting bigger, the amount of players isnt keeping up.  It is very difficult to get a group going in almost all of the Factions missions now, and many of the Prophecies missions.  A LFG window would be a huge help in this respect.

To me, there are three changes GW really needs to make soon:

~ Players who leave a group need to be replaced with a henchmen

~ An LFG window to declare your looking for a group in a mission (even if you arent at that missions location)

~ An auction house or some sort of vendor system to sell items to other players

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

I think nightfall looks great. And i really respect GW games.

But for what i hear Nightfall has turned into a singleplayer game. While the one thing i like about online rpgs is cooperative play.

If Nightfall upgrades with some kind of lfg interface. I will surely be first to purchase the game.

Until than it is just another expansion for pvp competitions

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

image Rattrap, thats not true at all.  Even with heroes, I dont think there is any less cooperative play going on.  People have always done the quests solo in GW and only grouped with other players for the coop missions, and it is the same way in NF.  The main use of heroes for the coop missions is to fill the monk slots when there arent any monks online and such.

I've been having no problem finding groups in NF, especially right now when there is a huge influx of players rushing to this new game.  The LFG system would hardly benefit the newest campaign, and would mostly serve to benefit those looking for a group in the other two campaigns, which are especially empty right now as all the players venture into Elona.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

Not what i heared , mate

• ZerandZerand Member Posts: 77
    Actually, heroes are one of the best ideas ever. You should propably know that Gw community is filled with people who don't know how to play at all. Do you know how exhaustive it is to play with those kind of people? When the mission always fails in the firs inches, while with heroes you can do the whole mission? Playing with one or two friends, then adding heroes to fill the group, is the way I like it the best. Of course, if you have 7 friends to play the missions with, it would be the best case scenario.

Even to myself I'm a genius

• Originally posted by Rattrap
    Not what i heared , mate
    I would be very suspect of what you have heard.

a) new chapters mean things get flooded with the two new classes
    b) there are tons of people whnining about nothing and most of those people at idiots who don't know how to play.