Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Love?

2»

Comments

• SassymolassySassymolassy Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by Draenor 
    when I was with her, I wanted to be better, but I knew that I didn't have to be.  I knew that if she asked me to, I would do anything, with all my heart, I knew that I would do anything that I possibly could for her.

I think that you were able to capture it in words really well here.

Dont go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. (Mark Twain)

• TeleboasTeleboas Member UncommonPosts: 184

Originally posted by outfctrl

Ok, here goes.  From what I have seen on here, there is a diverse age group that frequents this forum. 
    I have been divorced for 10 years and swore I would never get involved again. I dont think I know what love feels like anymore, for that matter whether I have ever been in love.  I met this woman about a month ago and have been seeing her on a regular basis, like lunch, dinners and a few pubs.  I just cant seem to get her off my mind.  I have never wanted to see a woman more than a few times before, but for some reason, this one is different. 
    We havent really been intimate, well.......maybe a little.  I didnt want to just hop in the sack with her, I wanted to just be around her.  She seems to feel the same way. Oh, BTW she is 47.  What does love really feel like?  Am I just infatuated with her?   She is a very beautiful woman in all aspects. I know it sounds strange coming from a 55 yr old.  I drink hard, ride hard and can be a little rough at times, but this woman seems to tame me in some way......WTF.
    What is love?  What kind of physical feelings do you get?

Relationships are always great in the beginning.  Then, a year down the road, she turns into your ex wife.

Sad, but true.

• TeleboasTeleboas Member UncommonPosts: 184

Originally posted by Hexagen

Ok, here goes.  From what I have seen on here, there is a diverse age group that frequents this forum. 

Well man. First, this is probably not the best forum to put posts like this since there's plenty of kids here who haven't even been in love yet. Then again what do I know, the average age here may be 35.

I would say it seems like you're pretty much on the same page about your life and your feelings. The fact that you have been divorsed for 10 years means nothing. I think you can fall in and out of love at any point in your life. It just happens more often when you're young.

It seems like you're doing everything right and don't be afraid, it's better to spend at least a few years with someone after being alone for so long, than to stay alone.

Good luck,

This isn't true at all.  I regret every single one of my exs, and wish I wouldn't of wasted precious time of my life with them.  :P
  • sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606

Originally posted by Teleboas

Originally posted by Hexagen

Well man. First, this is probably not the best forum to put posts like this since there's plenty of kids here who haven't even been in love yet. Then again what do I know, the average age here may be 35.

I would say it seems like you're pretty much on the same page about your life and your feelings. The fact that you have been divorsed for 10 years means nothing. I think you can fall in and out of love at any point in your life. It just happens more often when you're young.

It seems like you're doing everything right and don't be afraid, it's better to spend at least a few years with someone after being alone for so long, than to stay alone.

Good luck,

This isn't true at all.  I regret every single one of my exs, and wish I wouldn't of wasted precious time of my life with them.  :P

/agreed  image

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087

Love, eh? Well... I'd describe it as manifesting itself in a number of ways. It's feeling sympathetic to someone when they've been treated like crud and pass that feeling off to you. It's taking time out for the other person whether or not you gain anything from it. Real love, I think, is giving without really expecting anything back. Don't get me wrong; you can love someone and then stop loving them. But love pretty much gives the person a chance and doesn't say, "Forget you!" when the person does one thing wrong to you.

To sum it up, I think that it would be safe to say that liking someone is enjoying that warm fuzzy feeling they give you inside; loving someone is liking them enough to try to give back that feeling. To paraphrase a story I heard, a young couple talked to a preacher about getting married. They wanted to get married because they had 'chemistry.' The preacher then replied back to them, "Chemistry can blow up." image

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

• AbsoluteDudeAbsoluteDude Member Posts: 241

AHH DA JA VU??3days ago i thought someone was ganna make a thread like this

anyway just confront her and tell her you love her whats the worst that will happend she probley hang out with you