Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Space battles

LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831
Are there any space battles or vehicles in this game? Thanks. 

Comments

• karr1981karr1981 Member Posts: 59
    Hi Part of the upcomign Episode 2 updates is space battles yes.

• s0ulls0ull Member Posts: 186
    and with vehicles one race (bellato) gets BMAU's which are basically mechs thats about as far as the game goes with vehicles.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831
    Thank you. Are there any screen shots or vids on this?

• s0ulls0ull Member Posts: 186
    The official site and rf.mmosite.com

both show SS of the game.

MAU video

this video is a look at the MAU in pvp.

Thanks everyone for your posts but I am going to play Eve Online as I am looking for a game with that type of play style for a sci fi in space. image Cheers.

• frkhot97frkhot97 Member Posts: 393

Some pics of spaceships: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1878033&postcount=13

I'm just two days into the trial, and still trying to determine if the game is for me or not. Space combat would be a selling point to me. Doesn't the portal of one of the pictures look a lot like Space Cowboy?

The artwork for the space ships look great! But what will the actual game play functionality be like? Will it be ships that are point and click? Can a player have the choice  not to engage in the ground game?
  • SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

So my history with RF Online is anything short of miraculous as i've stated more then once before, but this is something that I have to say interest me... My main problem with this is that i'd be giving money back to a company that insulted me and my guild by askig to fix there problem for them. It would be one thing if i didnt like the game etc, but they insulted us and asked us to fix they're problem by transfering our toons to another race to adjust the balance problem. In a way it is flattering but they told us the most they could do is give us the same levels and basic gear... at the 40's level your gear is anything but basic.

So heres my main questions to all this; what level do you have to be, do you have to do ground battles, and how is your spaceship going to survive if you cant pop potions ever 3seconds in a battle?

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

• anti!imac010anti!imac010 Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by Sunrider

how is your spaceship going to survive if you cant pop potions ever 3seconds in a battle?
    Lol. Good question. But I wonder if there is going to be such a thing as potions when it comes to piloting a space ship/ craft. Is there a new system involved? Possibly we don't need to do that anymore? Possibly there is some kind of shield that would protect the ship? Who knows? Only time will tell I suppose. I think I'm looking forward to it though. I do like the comment made about Space Cowboy. When I told my one friend about this, when he was still playing SC, he was like 'is this going to be like SC then?' 'No clue.' heh heh.
    Well no one knows. Maybe MMORPG could do an interview with them?