Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

PLEASE I am seriously trying to save you the time, your money and the grief.

I played the game for a month and lvld up to 52. I was in one of the top guilds on the server.

PVE

Kill mobs, farm, kill more mobs and farm some more. At lvl 50 I was killing dogs in dungeon 3 for .04% of a lvl. Its mindnumblingly boring. And heh lucky me at 51 I got to do it again for even less exp... yes there are quests to do, but basically their kill mobs and deliver stuff... standard stuff.

Rarely do players group to exp, they only group to use a feature called auto loot, so you dont have to pick up loot yourself system does it for you.

Most players solo farm exp.... and solo farm exp.... and solo farm exp...

Mob ai is terrible, most mobs stand there even if you run right by them - their strictly there waiting to be farmed. There is no raiding - boss mobs are extremely tough and rarely if ever drop anything. they like the rest of the mobs just stansd there waiting for players ot kill them - which hardly anyone bothers cause their not worth it in drops or exp.

PVP

Very poorly implemented and not open pvp, is abused by experienced players as I will explain.

The reason I started to play is many fan boys and the publishers keep saying its "hard core" pvp (its not its hard core pve in the extreme!) well maybe hard core in that they punish you hard core for pvping.

Experienced players will not attack you, they will do everytihng in their power to get you to attack them first, taunt you, try to ks you, try to train you... etc... but they will not attk you first because they do not wnat to flag themselves for pvp and risk getitng a bounty.

Bounty - is a system whereby if you kill another player who is not pvp flagged they can put a bounty on your head - regardless of your lvl or your lvl difference (I once killed a lvl 58 who put a bounty on me) go figure!

When you are bountied if someone kills you - you lose 10% exp.

How do people find you? They go to the mayor in town find out who has bounties - put you in their friends list (friends list tells people what area you are in) and then they come kill you.

There is no Archlord as the promoters of the game keep advertising - false advertising anyone? Be the Archlord?? They dont have it in game yet, and if they ever put it in, it will probably be as buggy as the game is.

Overall a very poor game.

Do not listen to the fan boys, I have been playing mmo's for 8 yrs, WoW, EQ1 and 2, L2, AC1 and 2, shadowbane, AO

Trust me - this is a bad game with pretty grpahics and some nice features (summon party members, trade in party, passports, shared storage, ingame mail)

But the pve and pvp game play are poorly conceptilized and implemented and at lvl 50 you will be wondering what the heck you were thinking!

Comments

• RyuukoGoRyuukoGo Member Posts: 235

You can actually buy it used for as low as $15.00 and a lot less than the suggested $49.99..for those prices you can actually get 20-30 hours out of it..which is about the normal time you would get out of   a PC Game.

zigmund...you paid ~ $49.99 for the game..you may have paid another $14.99...but you played at least 40 hours to get to 50...what is wrong with somene trying out a Archlord...after all there are still people playing Horizons,Dark&Light,Shadowbane,SWG and so on and those are a lot worse than Archlord...especially the Billing.

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
      Shadowbane is free, and just because some people play crappy games doesn't mean someone should play this crappy game :)

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

Originally posted by Gorukha
      Shadowbane is free, and just because some people play crappy games doesn't mean someone should play this crappy game :)

As far as I know anyone can make a choice as to what they want to do with their time and money...some may like the 1970's graphics SB has image while others may like something more up to date.

SB is a crappy game...was and always will be. ..but you will never see me posting some lame topic telling people not to play it.

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

Originally posted by RyuukoGo

You can actually buy it used for as low as $15.00 and a lot less than the suggested $49.99..for those prices you can actually get 20-30 hours out of it..which is about the normal time you would get out of   a PC Game.

zigmund...you paid ~ $49.99 for the game..you may have paid another $14.99...but you played at least 40 hours to get to 50...what is wrong with somene trying out a Archlord...after all there are still people playing Horizons,Dark&Light,Shadowbane,SWG and so on and those are a lot worse than Archlord...especially the Billing.

Well you can't play a used MMORPG unless they are selling you their account as well....

If they ARE it MIGHT be worth it

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441

Shadowbane is free, and just because some people play crappy games doesn't mean someone should play this crappy game :) As far as I know anyone can make a choice as to what they want to do with their time and money...some may like the 1970's graphics SB has image while others may like something more up to date.   SB is a crappy game...was and always will be. ..but you will never see me posting some lame topic telling people not to play it.

And some want to stop people from wasting their money. You sir are a sadist.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

As far as I know anyone can make a choice as to what they want to do with their time and money...some may like the 1970's graphics SB has image while others may like something more up to date.

SB is a crappy game...was and always will be. ..but you will never see me posting some lame topic telling people not to play it.

And some want to stop people from wasting their money. You sir are a sadist.

Yes, but if we follow your opinion, then we will never play any mmorpg, Because you don't enjoy ANY mmorpg. you have never said anything positive about any game since the first time you posted here. You sir are a troll.
  • RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

Ryuu

Paying money for dog poo is just wrong.

If I can just save just one person from this monumental piece of dog doo I'll feel like I've done my job, I'm sorry the game is just that bad. If you like it great, but there's hardly anyone who agrees with you.

Most people left the game a long time ago, the game has bad reviews from every mmo reviewer out there.

When 95% of players and reviewers think the game is dog poo, dont you tihnk that means something?

This game has a 5.9 user rating for a reason, it stinks

and I outlined very good reasons for why it stinks, ignore me and other players and reviewers if you like, but the game is dog doo.

• sacred_bandsacred_band Member Posts: 104

It's always funny to see a game like archlord in signatures pre release then this huge build up and the week after launch its barely mentioned again and removed from every sig.

If you keep buying them theyll keep cranking them out... "balanced but with a unique spin" type generic mmos ZZZzzz.

Originally posted by zigmund
    Ryuu
    If I can just save just one person from this monumental piece of dog doo I'll feel like I've done my job, I'm sorry the game is just that bad. If you like it great, but there's hardly anyone who agrees with you.

That is your personal opinon and is not shared by everyone...no one is saying AL is the best MMORPG out now.

AL is a simple MMORPG that does not require you to LFG for hours,take 3-5 hours for a Quest/Mission like FFXI,yes it has bugs,few play it,the Programmers at  NHN spends more time sitting on their hands than at the keyboard and so on.

If you think AL is bad go read about Horizons and Dark & Lights billing problems.

I read that AL is cheap as $19.99..the first month is free...so even if someone buys it that cheap and quit after 10 hours...they got the same amount of Game Play as they would have from any other PC Game.

I do not understand why some of you get so emo about Archlord...you post as if though you pre-paid for 5 years and bought stock in NHN/CM image

Ryuu
    Most people left the game a long time ago, the game has bad reviews from every mmo reviewer out there.
    When 95% of players and reviewers think the game is dog poo, dont you tihnk that means something?
    This game has a 5.9 user rating for a reason, it stinks
    and I outlined very good reasons for why it stinks, ignore me and other players and reviewers if you like, but the game is dog doo.

Actually that is nothing more but your opinion. the game has its problems, but its not even half as bad as you discribe it. I have seen those so called reviews of ArchLord, and most of them (the ones I read, which are 3) are made by people who hardly played the game and completely ignored the most important aspect (Just look at the review of Eurogamer. the person barely made it to level 20) The game has a 5.9 user rating for a reason, people don't realize that the game is not for them.

Saying "don't buy the game!!111" is just wrong, because for all you know, the person reading it might actually like the game, just like many other people. your opinion is not fact. There is nothing wrong with giving a voice to your opinion, but always remember thats all it is. your opinion.

• vedstavedsta Member Posts: 7
    we cant do wat u say when we havent tryd it for outselfs.
    every one likes different things so how about u just not play it and let others do wat they want.
    its their money not urs.

"That is your personal opinon and is not shared by everyone...no one is saying AL is the best MMORPG out now.":

You know bro, open your eyes... the game is getting terrible reviews not only from me, but from everyone who plays it. (sorry, except you and a few others who are still playing it)

It's just a really bad game - and I took the time to write out exactly why.

Are there worse games?

yes...

so? Your argument makes no sense. You say peoople should eat dog doo, because theres things that taste worse than dog doo.

Dog doo is dog doo.

"Actually that is nothing more but your opinion."

This site is all about player opnions on games. That's what the site is for!

If you look under ratings you can see various players and peoples reviews of the game. I read reviews so I know which games ot buy and which ones not too. I rely on players putting up their honest opnion about a game.

The ratings at this site are probably the most accurate as they take an average of a lot of different players (not reviewers) who havent played the game and gives the game an average rating.

This game stinks.

And its score here and at other review sites reflects the fact that it is a very poor game.

• own4ageown4age Member Posts: 2
    Confinced me not to play, thankyou.

zigmund you leveled up to 52 then decided it stinks...when did you realize it stunk...was it level 51 or 52? image

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597

zigmund you leveled up to 52 then decided it stinks...when did you realize it stunk...was it level 51 or 52? image  
    These are the post I do not like. If the guy would have said he stop before 20, you would have said he does not know what he is talking about and he did not give the game a chance. Now he stayed til 52 and I think you are about to call him stupid because he did not realise before that the game stinks.

These is nothing bad about saying not to buy a game and explaining why. The problem here is the people, look at the WoW forum, if someone says it the best game he ges Flame, vice-versa. Same with SWG, EVE or GW. We are here to give opinion on game to help others to make choice and prevent them from losing money, you do not like that idea, be my guest and spend all your money on every game out there.

I had lots of Hype for DDO, but poeple start saying it was all instance and no one should buy that crap. So I did not buy it and waited for a trial, which came soon after the launch. IMO, DDO was one of the worst game I have played, til I beta AL.

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

"Actually that is nothing more but your opinion."
    This site is all about player opnions on games. That's what the site is for!
    If you look under ratings you can see various players and peoples reviews of the game. I read reviews so I know which games ot buy and which ones not too. I rely on players putting up their honest opnion about a game.
    The ratings at this site are probably the most accurate as they take an average of a lot of different players (not reviewers) who havent played the game and gives the game an average rating.
    This game stinks.
    And its score here and at other review sites reflects the fact that it is a very poor game.

These site is accurate? Do you honnestly believe that? EVE, a game with only 180k subscribers is number one, yet a game like WoW, with the highest reviews, is not even with the top 10. Get a clue.

Oh, you mean the reviews where the Reviewer didn't even get to level 20? yeah, those are really things you should follow [/sarcasm]. This game is not for you, you should go back to your little Everquest.

"That is your personal opinon and is not shared by everyone...no one is saying AL is the best MMORPG out now.":
    You know bro, open your eyes... the game is getting terrible reviews not only from me, but from everyone who plays it. (sorry, except you and a few others who are still playing it)
    It's just a really bad game - and I took the time to write out exactly why.
    Are there worse games?
    yes...
    so? Your argument makes no sense. You say peoople should eat dog doo, because theres things that taste worse than dog doo.
    Dog doo is dog doo.

and the sad fact is that 95% of those so called player reviews are from people who played the open beta for a very short while. I give you props for playing till a reasonable level before judging the game, But those players are in no position to judge the game. comments like "Its nothing more then a grind" prove that, because its true....for the first 20 levels or so.
  • SteakpuncherSteakpuncher Member Posts: 255
    Ive still got my copy of the game that I won from the competition on here, and I cant shift it at all. I wasn't really intrested in playing purely because I was busy with other things when I won it. I looked on Ebay to see if it would sell for anything, and the game is on there for £8.99 buy it now. So the game is basically "free" and you 8.99 would be the cost of the first months subscription.

Most copies that are put on there for bidding dont sell either, so Im probably going to use my free month now sinec ive got nothing better to do.

Originally posted by ghost047

These are the post I do not like. If the guy would have said he stop before 20, you would have said he does not know what he is talking about and he did not give the game a chance. Now he stayed til 52 and I think you are about to call him stupid because he did not realise before that the game stinks.

He disliked AL so much...he leveled from 51-52..then decided he did not like it? image

Leveling from 51-52 would take me about two months of leveling...he must have been on almost every day 6-8 hours just grinding for the past 6 weeks.

After level 35 there is a large increase needed between levels...especially without any Chantra Credits image

• ricklowdisricklowdis Member Posts: 15

I'll tell you all you need to know about Archlord and why not to play it

Its GM/Moderated by AD (alchemic dream)

Edited:

As advised by the poster below me (and he is right)

"They are involved with Dark and Light, go read up on it"  http://www.darkandlight.com

• SteakpuncherSteakpuncher Member Posts: 255

Originally posted by ricklowdis
    I'll tell you all you need to know about Archlord and why not to play it   Its GM/Moderated by AD (alchemic dream)

You said far far far too much after that. I can get 50x the effect of your post with only one additional line which is:

"These guys are also involved in the Dark and Light fiasco, read up on it"

Most of this community know that dark and light is THE ultimate failure in the MMORPG world, and Alchemic Dream are involved in their moderating and community. Although I must thank you for your information, becuase I didn't actually realise they were involved, and thats killed any hope of me ever touching that game.

• tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020

Originally posted by ricklowdis

Its GM/Moderated by AD (alchemic dream)

That's enough for me. Bye.
  • CramenCramen Member Posts: 9

Way back when Anarchy Online was in beta, they announced one of the worst games to release... look at it now, i say give AL a chance before you cut its legs off...

• TheGhostlordTheGhostlord Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Cramen
    Way back when Anarchy Online was in beta, they announced one of the worst games to release... look at it now, i say give AL a chance before you cut its legs off...

It was already given a chance,it crashed,burned and died a horrible death in Korea. They were forced to make it free in korea due to dwindling a dwindling customerbase. Unfortunately there are companies like Codemasters that somehow get joy from saving dead games and reviving them.