Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will chaos be overpopulated O.o?

Hi, well i think they made chaos a bit ''too cool'' cause i always hear im gonna play chaos and stuff almost every1 i know wuld play chaos :S.But in my opinion the warhammer dwarves are teh coolest!That bright red mohawk and the dread beard..aww so cool :).Well discuss do u think alot of the players will roll chaos and by that makin the ''red team'' overpopulated?

Comments

• DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454

I don't see any point in discussing this.

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...
  • phjillephjille Member Posts: 41

Maaaaaybe they decided to make them look like the tabletop? Duuuh!

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118
       Yeah, it was going to be like this anyway. I see the Destruction Alliance being a little big, but there's so many factors, you don't even know. It's impossible to tell until release day. I mean hell, look at WoW. Before it's release, people were so worried that the Horde was going to out-number the Alliance by vast amounts, that a lot of guilds chose the other faction. Look where that ended up.

But, in WAR it shouldn't matter anyway, with the addition of the Dogs of War.

• callmetobycallmetoby Member Posts: 302
    ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...image
  • JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

Horde did over populate alliance by quiet a bit on a lot of servers.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• sjonasjona Member Posts: 194

there is nothing to discuss ::::01::

chaos will out-number any other race, and thats it.
    ofcourse this is the choice BEFORE the different betas.

• n2k3156n2k3156 Member Posts: 523
    Well I'm gonna be part of the Empire, and I wouldn't mind a target rich enviroment.

NGE Refugee.

• Shaman64Shaman64 Member Posts: 399
    Okay, time to provide some feedback. While it is tough to tell at this point, at the begginning of the develpment stage people were leaning torward the destruction side more. But the stats keep changing as new classes are introduced. I've heard the empire players may have sweleld due to the naming of the first two classes. I've always had a thing for playing the bag guy. But in certain  games I'll join the ranks of the loyal group,such as the empire. I believe the evil side may be a little more populated than order, and as to the "ugly races" This term doesn't apply to warhammer. I myself am hoping the orcs and chaos outnumber us, the greenskin horde is supposed to be numerous, and chaos overwhelming.

• COAgamerCOAgamer Member Posts: 190

Originally posted by n2k3156
    Well I'm gonna be part of the Empire, and I wouldn't mind a target rich enviroment.

I agree. The more bad guys the more glory the good guys get! Besides, the most fun comes from that last ditch stand when there is only a few good guys left against the hoard of chaos, the great green tide, and the deadly dark elves. Bring it on I say! We will take atleast a few down with each one of us that falls!

...Sorry, just excited for the game...

Modjoe86- Gambling is a sin.
    Laserwolf- Only if you lose.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waiting for= PSU, WAR

• Shaman64Shaman64 Member Posts: 399

Originally posted by COAgamer

Originally posted by n2k3156

I agree. The more bad guys the more glory the good guys get! Besides, the most fun comes from that last ditch stand when there is only a few good guys left against the hoard of chaos, the great green tide, and the deadly dark elves. Bring it on I say! We will take atleast a few down with each one of us that falls!

...Sorry, just excited for the game...

• eumenidexeumenidex Member Posts: 170

The Way i see it...Every race has something attractive going for them, So it should balance out.

• Empire - your standard issue humans, TONS of people enjoy roleplay aspect of Picking human good guys.
    • Dwarves - your standard issue Stubbies, Lots of people like the idea of stubby dwarves...not to mention the "attitude" that thier artwork suggests(Mohawks, Beards, and Scars).
    • High Elves - Proper and Pretty. *To be honest, I can't think of many competing Visual qualities for highelves...Hopefully they will show us some more Elf stuff image

• Chaos - "Human" Bad guys. Lots of attitude in the artwork. Big, Dark, Mean...whats not to love? image
    • Greenskins - The Anti-Human. Its Awesome to be able to play something so "Not human"...but with human qualities. They also look very cool...and GREEN! imageimage
    • Darkelves - The Sexy race. The Look very attractive and that appeals to alot of female gamers and even more male gamers. People Who figure "i'm going to be looking at this charicter for a long time, i might as well look at something nice image"

Remember that is only looking at the surface, Lots of people will also Choose thier alignment based on Class as well. Who knows, maybe that will help the Highelves also image image

• kordrialkordrial Member Posts: 160

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

i want the skaven >.<

• EldaElda Member Posts: 343
    from what I hear here and on other forums, it does seem like Destruction is taking the lead, but at launch this will be more balanced, because of all the young felllows who are going to play this game.

The young ones most like to join the ranks of the 'good' side, and these guys are mostly not as active on forums as older ppl are.

(No offense)

• naldricnaldric Member UncommonPosts: 909
    I dont think Chaos (or the alliance of destruction as a matter of fact) will be overpopulated, when people start to realize that every Chaos player want to play the cool looking Chaos Warrior (and dont tell me Champions can be played since it as already been said that a Chaos Champion of Tzeench appeared and rallied troupes under his banner and not 10000 champions did image ) and that it will be overwhelmed with tanks, and the other choices are the (not so nice) marauders.... well maybe the casting class or the other one will be more exciting because, i cant see the fun in playing the same character as all the others image
  • checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Originally posted by naldric
    I dont think Chaos (or the alliance of destruction as a matter of fact) will be overpopulated, when people start to realize that every Chaos player want to play the cool looking Chaos Warrior (and dont tell me Champions can be played since it as already been said that a Chaos Champion of Tzeench appeared and rallied troupes under his banner and not 10000 champions did image ) and that it will be overwhelmed with tanks, and the other choices are the (not so nice) marauders.... well maybe the casting class or the other one will be more exciting because, i cant see the fun in playing the same character as all the others image
    i thought that no one would play anything but a black orc when they first started talking about orcs, and that no one would play anything but a dwarf ironbreaker or hammerer when they first introduced the dwarfs, and that everyone would want to play an empire warrior priest when they announced empire.

My point being the amount of people that want to play other types of greenskins, other dwarfs, and the bright wizard that has been announced for empire is surprising.

I'm pleased that mythic is making every single career interesting and inviting to play and equally awesome.

I think we'll see nothing less when chaos is revealed in this month's newsletter.

I don't think any side will be overpopulated if mythic keeps making every class unique and interesting.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Im torn personally.

I mean, I dont want to be on the "OUTNUMBERED" side that everyone picks.
    And im torn because, it looks like the "baddies" will have more people.
    And what looks cooler than a Dark Elf?

NOTHING!!!! NOTHING I TELL YOU!!!

Then a friend of mine is telling me that him and his friends are playing order. DOH ::::07::
    So Im contemplating playing a High Elf charachter. They dont seem overly popular at the moment but then Id have to fight dark elves...my first choice....ugh.

And then theres the LAST and possibly the most IMPORTANT detail to contemplate.

THE CLASS

Im all about Crowd Control and Damage. It makes my day TO FK UP YOURS. I dont know how else to say it.

I experienced great joy on my Sorcerer in daoc when I saved my whole groups proverbial ass from sure destruction with a well placed aoe mez or 2300 range amnesia spamming.

And on my warlock its a lot of fun to slow healers casting and then burn them down, essentially taking the legs right out from under a group. Night elf priests burn so pretty ::::23::

So regardless of what races there are,
    I will be heavily swayed to play the ULTIMATE utility caster....if there happens to be one.

• sjonasjona Member Posts: 194

Originally posted by logangregor

THE CLASS
    Im all about Crowd Control and Damage. It makes my day TO FK UP YOURS. I dont know how else to say it. I experienced great joy on my Sorcerer in daoc when I saved my whole groups proverbial ass from sure destruction with a well placed aoe mez or 2300 range amnesia spamming. And on my warlock its a lot of fun to slow healers casting and then burn them down, essentially taking the legs right out from under a group. Night elf priests burn so pretty ::::23::
    So regardless of what races there are,
    I will be heavily swayed to play the ULTIMATE utility caster....if there happens to be one.

well, i think thats the best way to confront the games choices: choose from what class YOU like the most - not what the chaoslegion of insane chaos, with a little chaos frosting on the top, chooses for you.

sorry to generalization, but most people just choose Chaos from the appereance - atleast they cant have picked it because of the careers ::::17::

• plastictrollplastictroll Member Posts: 53

omg, chaos arnt cool, they just have fricken 10 feet thick armour. the dwarves on the other hand have 10 foot thick skin with hand grenades and bombs attacted to them (pretty stupid you might say) but the dwarves can pelt a chaos asswipe full of lead before they even get close, or just fuck em up with one bitch slap with their huge hammers. in ure face chaos asshole chew on a bomb. dwarves are gonna own chaos, and take out the greenskins and dark elves before you can say "oh fuck"

• eumenidexeumenidex Member Posts: 170

Originally posted by plastictroll
    omg, chaos arnt cool, they just have fricken 10 feet thick armour. the dwarves on the other hand have 10 foot thick skin with hand grenades and bombs attacted to them (pretty stupid you might say) but the dwarves can pelt a chaos asswipe full of lead before they even get close, or just fuck em up with one bitch slap with their huge hammers. in ure face chaos asshole chew on a bomb. dwarves are gonna own chaos, and take out the greenskins and dark elves before you can say "oh fuck"

I now present the newest member of the "Future Dwarven Engineers" To my stubby audience...image

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Originally posted by plastictroll

dwarves sacrificing themselves with explosive devices for the cause....

just one question, when they die are they greeted in heaven by a 100 high elf virgins?

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

just one question, when they die are they greeted in heaven by a 100 high elf virgins?

Where do I sign up??

Originally posted by PTED

Where do I sign up??

wth, a DWARF with 100 HIGH ELF virgins!? they only thing they're going to do to him is cut of his beard...

• HalkiHalki Member Posts: 10

Im not even touching this.. way too easy.....

The only reason chaos would be overpopulated is because skaven arent a playable race (or did they go and change that and I missed it?)

oh man, everyone, stop whining about skaven. I know they are awesome, but they will NOT be ingame at launch. And why do all the skaven lovers whine so much, from what I saw in a poll more players would like to have Wood-Elves ingame, but I've never heared any of them about it...

• cheshyrecatcheshyrecat Member Posts: 137

amusingly enough i don't see many people talking about rune priests....ah well.  more money for me! image

green skins and chaos alike will learn to fear my rune weapons! image

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.