Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Look at this!!

Wow.....not once have i seen a game have such good feedback and reviews.....This game looks pretty solid. I am gonna try it out. First gotta get a CC though to play trial....which kinda stinks tho =/....

Other then that, looks good!

give me some suggestions on which real to go to (I like pvp servers) and i hope to join a guild.....see ya then!

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    There is a full PvP server - do not play on it.  It has a tiny
    population and unless you like being ganked you will not want to play
    there.

I would suggest you start on Gareth.  If you want to play the
    underdog I think Mid needs people, if you want the overpopulated realm
    then play Alb. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

Originally posted by JulianDracos
    There is a full PvP server - do not play on it.  It has a tiny population and unless you like being ganked you will not want to play there.

I would suggest you start on Gareth.  If you want to play the underdog I think Mid needs people, if you want the overpopulated realm then play Alb. 

and if you want to play with all the cool people (like me) join on Hibernia.  You can actually join any of the servers in the Classic cluster, Gareth, Lamorak or Ector... as there are teleporters that will let you transfer between the 3 servers any time you like.  Start on Gareth unless you have trouble getting the name you want..then consider the other two.

We have excellent PvP (RvR actually) on our cluster.  I was in Thidranki last evening and there were Albs everywhere.... they held the center keep and were like a giant zerg.  We normally hold our own..but they did all the owning last evening.  Thats ok, earlier in the week we held the center keep and it was the Albs doing the assaulting.

Like was mentioned...the Mids seem to be relegated to playing spoiler and attacking either of the two sides at an opportune moment... or rolling the countryside looking for players in small groups.....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ShalandarShalandar Member Posts: 51

Originally posted by Kyleran

There is a full PvP server - do not play on it.  It has a tiny population and unless you like being ganked you will not want to play there.

I would suggest you start on Gareth.  If you want to play the underdog I think Mid needs people, if you want the overpopulated realm then play Alb. 

and if you want to play with all the cool people (like me) join on Hibernia.  You can actually join any of the servers in the Classic cluster, Gareth, Lamorak or Ector... as there are teleporters that will let you transfer between the 3 servers any time you like.  Start on Gareth unless you have trouble getting the name you want..then consider the other two.

We have excellent PvP (RvR actually) on our cluster.  I was in Thidranki last evening and there were Albs everywhere.... they held the center keep and were like a giant zerg.  We normally hold our own..but they did all the owning last evening.  Thats ok, earlier in the week we held the center keep and it was the Albs doing the assaulting.

Like was mentioned...the Mids seem to be relegated to playing spoiler and attacking either of the two sides at an opportune moment... or rolling the countryside looking for players in small groups.....

Correction to the above poster.  Hibernia has had the underpopulation bonus for the last few months, and it was incorrect, as they actually have had the highest.  Mythic has stated on the Herald that they are aware of this oversight and will fix the problem that happend back when they clustered the server.

BGs are no way to judge population.  The zerg changes almost monthly.  One month it may be Hibs having the nimbers, the last few its been the Mids.

As for NF, mids have the most 8 man guilds of either realm.  And they have perfected the AssJam..ask in game what that means.  Hibs are the easiest of the three to play since they have the numbers, they have the classes that have exploits that are easy to do and use <bainshees still casting through wall not fixed> and lastly, the Cata classes are were made for NoN TOA servers, and any nerfs that would make them on par with the rest of the classes would have to be judged from a NON TOA point of view.  Classic servers arent taken into consideration for that.

I would say pick the realm that has the lore you think you would most enjoy. Midgard is Norse mythology with Vikings, Valkyries, dwarves and Trolls. Hibernia is Celtic Mythology with Celts, Elves, Lurikeen, and Firbolgs.  Albion is the home of Camelot and reflects Arturian mythology in its classes of Britons, Highlanders, Saracrens, and Half Ogres. (only a few of the races mentioned here.)  All the realms reflect the mythology with alot of fantasy mixed in--allows for many new story lines and quests this way.

The population bonuses were wrong, but Hib, contrary to the perception,
    is not the most populated realm on the Classic servers.  It is
    Hib.  This has been remarked by Mythic employees on boards. 
    Further, the current bonus to those servers is all 5 days.  This
    means in therms of RvR/Population things are supposed to be "roughly"
    equal.  

• ShalandarShalandar Member Posts: 51

The
    population bonuses were wrong, but Hib, contrary to the perception, is
    not the most populated realm on the Classic servers.  It is
    equal.  

You might want to correct your post.

The information came directly from the Herald.

Hib attracts the most players since the Catacombs expansion came out--
    thats generally agreed upon by any of the game boards, eg; VN,
    daoc.catacombs, ect.

I left Hibernia after having played
    there since the game's inception, and was forced to move when 500
    fanbois flooded our server once word got out that vamps are an easy "i
    win" button in both pve and rvr. A class that allows solo farming and
    solo PvP with such a high success rate, or at least a better than
    average chance of success depending on which server your talking about,
    will attract a ton of players, and finding groups for rvr or pve while
    leveling are gone.

I dont care about the vamps game balance that people whine about. I do care that they are a community destroyer.

And currently on Classics, I see more vamps in NF that any of the other servers I've lived on (Merlin, Guinevier, Lancelot).

I do not know specific numbers, but just reading posts on various
    boards, new people are attracted to Hib because of the vampiir. And why
    not.  If I was new to DAoC, i would want a class that would be
    easy to level with while learning the game.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

lol just dont be a ALB lol. then you will be ok in the game.

and if you like you want to try to play ALB then smack your hand or face and take a hot shower and remind your self dirty ALBS!!!!! wil not get ot me lol.

* i am bored lol*

Originally posted by Shalandar
    The
    population bonuses were wrong, but Hib, contrary to the perception, is
    not the most populated realm on the Classic servers.  It is
    equal.  
    You might want to correct your post.

The information came directly from the Herald.

Hib attracts the most players since the Catacombs expansion came out--
    thats generally agreed upon by any of the game boards, eg; VN,
    daoc.catacombs, ect.

Actually not
    going to.  VN is a bunch of whiners and crybabies.  DAOC Cats
    is Ok, but hardly a piece of authoritaive info.  I will trust what
    the Mythic employess have said on this forum in regards to Gareth's
    population.  What was said is that Hib is not the most populated
    there. Since the employees have the accurate info then I will believe
    him over what are said by players on those forums. 

• Grandstar5Grandstar5 Member Posts: 15
    This game is a solid piece of work. Stable and amazing PvP/RvR. Yes I know, the population is low. ITS STILL FUN! They just came out with the 5th aniversary edition, get that. It comes with ALL the expansions and 30 days free. Its a really good game. ^_^

I left Hibernia after having played there since the game's inception, and was forced to move when 500 fanbois flooded our server once word got out that vamps are an easy "i win" button in both pve and rvr. A class that allows solo farming and solo PvP with such a high success rate, or at least a better than average chance of success depending on which server your talking about, will attract a ton of players, and finding groups for rvr or pve while leveling are gone.

I dont care about the vamps game balance that people whine about. I do care that they are a community destroyer.

And currently on Classics, I see more vamps in NF that any of the other servers I've lived on (Merlin, Guinevier, Lancelot).

I do not know specific numbers, but just reading posts on various boards, new people are attracted to Hib because of the vampiir. And why not.  If I was new to DAoC, i would want a class that would be easy to level with while learning the game.

I recently returned to DAOC..and rolled on HIB because 1) I never played that side and 2) they had Vampiirs which were supposed to be easy-mode I-win.

Well, they don't win in RvR quite like people think (they have to build up power or they are dead) but in PvE they are so easy they almost feel like cheating. 

I actually rolled a Light Eld which I play regularly and in less than a month of playing I have a 46.5 Vamp and a 41 Eld.

But there really are too many Vamps around... heck, even in crafting they were permitted to craft everything but Spell crafting...while every other class is restricted to only 2 or 3 types.

But hey, its still a ton of fun...and as a ranged caster Vamps die as quick as anyone else if I can get some blasts on them.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MAgha1976MAgha1976 Member Posts: 5
    If I were you I'd start on Gareth too.  That's a good server where, as a beginner, you would enjoy getting your feet wet. 

• TrevskyTrevsky Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Grandstar5
    This game is a solid piece of work. Stable and amazing PvP/RvR. Yes I know, the population is low. ITS STILL FUN! They just came out with the 5th aniversary edition, get that. It comes with ALL the expansions and 30 days free. Its a really good game. ^_^
    Agreed!  Even though the population is low it is still incredibly fun and keeps your interest.  I'd recommend getting the 5th edition too b/c of the expansions and free 30 days.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Originally posted by Kyleran

I left Hibernia after having played there since the game's inception, and was forced to move when 500 fanbois flooded our server once word got out that vamps are an easy "i win" button in both pve and rvr. A class that allows solo farming and solo PvP with such a high success rate, or at least a better than average chance of success depending on which server your talking about, will attract a ton of players, and finding groups for rvr or pve while leveling are gone.

I do not know specific numbers, but just reading posts on various boards, new people are attracted to Hib because of the vampiir. And why not.  If I was new to DAoC, i would want a class that would be easy to level with while learning the game.

I recently returned to DAOC..and rolled on HIB because 1) I never played that side and 2) they had Vampiirs which were supposed to be easy-mode I-win.

Well, they don't win in RvR quite like people think (they have to build up power or they are dead) but in PvE they are so easy they almost feel like cheating. 

I actually rolled a Light Eld which I play regularly and in less than a month of playing I have a 46.5 Vamp and a 41 Eld.

But there really are too many Vamps around... heck, even in crafting they were permitted to craft everything but Spell crafting...while every other class is restricted to only 2 or 3 types.

But hey, its still a ton of fun...and as a ranged caster Vamps die as quick as anyone else if I can get some blasts on them.

heh, I have a vamp, he is mainly a farmer for the other classes i want to play. PVE they are incredible.!! I use my vamp specifically to supply the characters i want to play with gear, money, aurelite ect.

Something ot think about. The TOP RVR player of all the servers is a Vamp. They cannot be that bad..lol

Originally posted by xpowderx

Something ot think about. The TOP RVR player of all the servers is a Vamp. They cannot be that bad..lol

No, I didn't say there were bad.... you just have to be able to stay alive long enough to get power.

As to one of them being the top RVR person, I don't put much stock in that. Just means the dude's unemployed or something and does nothing but play DAOC all day long.

A vamp w/o charge up is dead on the field.