Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth playing without Expansions?

mynameismudmynameismud Member Posts: 3

I bought GW the first week it came out, then stoped playing about a month or two before Factions came out.  Ive been playing WOW since then, but ive missed GW's PVP.  Is the game worth playing without the 2 expansions, or will I be useless in PVP without new skills/classes?

Comments

• I doubt you'd be useless but you may be lacking in choices.   Iwould think you could still play a cripshot ragner and be useful or whatever.  I bleive a fairly standard boon prot can be done with just prophecies.

• mynameismudmynameismud Member Posts: 3
    If I was going to buy an expansion pack (Only have enough for one)  Which should i get?  Im playing for the PVP, currently have a 20 Mo/Me and a 20 N/E. 

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Thats a very tough question, unluckly pvp requires you to have all chapters. The metagame changes so fast.. ANet added pvp editions in online store. they are cheaper then normal chapters and unlock you all skills from a chapter and proffesians but only for pvp.

• mynameismudmynameismud Member Posts: 3
    I cheaked out the PVP thing you where talking about its only 10$ cheaper, and i do like to play the PVE portion.  From what ive read, Factions adds more PVP things with the big war thing, and Nightfall is more about PVE.  What do the new classes play like?

PS  Thanks for all the help :-D

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

The problem with picking 1 for pvp is that almost every build in current metagame right now has at least 1,2 skills from factions and give NF a few more weeks and the same will be with nighfalls skills.
    About classes:
    Ritualist (factions char) - Unluckly ppl don't use many rit's in pvp. I don't know why b/c he can heal and protect but most ppl think he's weaker monk (which is NOT true). They can be very powerful in groups when ppl spam spirits atc.
    Assassins (factions char) - a lot of ppl run sin's as secondary professions, even monks mostly for his escape spells/shadowstep skills. They are perfect for 1v1 so many guilds use them for killing npc's in gvg before VoD.

Dervish (Nighfalls char) - NF was released only few weeks ago so we don;t have any FoTM builds for them XPP They are melee chars which use a lot of enchantments and aoe spells to attack/defend in battle.
    Paragon (Nighfalls char) - It's GWs bard. He is using spears have best after warrior armour in game. Uses a lot of buffs/chants/shouts. He is increasing offence and deffence of other players.

The best solution would be get nf and later if you have money get factions too XPP Sorry for not beeing helpful but ANet was very inteligent when they were making new chapters and they basically force you to buy each if you want to seriously  pvp.

• Hard to answer your second question I would say it highly profession dependent.  Nightfall is great for assassins for example, but I haven't seen any "must have" monk abilities, whereas factions has some nice monk skills like spirit bond.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by gestalt11
    Hard to answer your second question I would say it highly profession dependent. Nightfall is great for assassins for example, but I haven't seen any "must have" monk abilities, whereas factions has some nice monk skills like spirit bond.

Spirit bond was nerfed to last only 10 hits within the time limit = useless nowadaysl for farming .
  • exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

Originally posted by mynameismud
    If I was going to buy an expansion pack (Only have enough for one)  Which should i get?  Im playing for the PVP, currently have a 20 Mo/Me and a 20 N/E. 

get nightfall for sure , you get the heros , people are soloing hall of heros with the heros , can you imagine !!!