Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for: Game with serious RP communities, option for private houses

Does anyone here possess the knowledge of any MMORPG game with a serious roleplaying community and the option to possess private houses, Star Wars Galaxies style? I'm looking to switch games when conflict after conflict emerged in Star Wars Galaxies on a certain server, where people currently are more occupied with grudges then just having fun.

Thank you in advance. :)

Comments

• TaurrenTaurren Member Posts: 1
    I've been really impressed with the RP community on Antonia Bayle - EQ2. A good number of very strong RP guilds, especially on the Freeport (Evil) side.  And you can own your own private house
  • TorotoroTorotoro Member Posts: 84

Ryzom has a very strong RP community.
    But the housing is far better on EQ2.

You can check Vanguard in a near future. The housing will be very very complete.

• AhkiAhki Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for all the advice. :)

• Phenix001Phenix001 Member Posts: 14
    Yea I'd say Ryzom too.
  • brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    When I played DAoC the RP servers were pretty good. I don't know about now, though, this was before the game imploded on itself and everyone left.

• Token1337GuyToken1337Guy Member Posts: 159
    Anarchy Online actually has a fairly decent RP community, though it used to be much better.  I'd also be interested in learning of others as well, though.

Also, this is one of the few threads that is actually on topic in this forum.
  • TehWarsmithTehWarsmith Member Posts: 19
    I'm afraid I can't compare it to EQ2 (never played), but I'd quite reccomend CoH/V. I'm an avid player and RPer.The RP community is very large and diverse and thanks to the character creator you can be anything you want. There are a few nay-sayers, trolls, RP nazis, but as a whole the community is very friendly to roleplayers. There are plenty of RP groups. As for player housing: There isn't any actual "player houses" but each supergroup can have a private base, that is very, very costumizable. Bases are upgraded with Prestige, a form of SG currency that is earned by members fighting in Super Group mode. It's pretty cool. There's also Pocket D, the in-game nightclub where you can find many roleplayers all the time.

The unofficial RP server is Virtue, which is what the above is based on. Make sure you go there. If you decide to, look up @Psythe and say hello.

“Everything’s standard pattern! This is the Imperial fething Guard! Standard pattern boots, standard pattern mess tins, standard pattern bodybags! I’m a standard pattern infantryman, you’re a standard pattern no-neck, and any second now my standard pattern fist is going to send your nose bone back into your very sub-standard pattern brain!” – Sergeant Ceglan Varl