Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ANIMALS AND NEW BOARDS!!!

Comments

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
      Sounds like the Shaivo case :) Is it dead or isnt it ? lol

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Originally posted by JetJon

This game is far from dead. It is in fact expanding rapidly.

The game population was low, but has jumped. It was at no more than 500 active accounts, it has now at least tripled.
    Prove it.
    Call it whatever you like. This game is a radical change in the whole system and can not be judged in the same ranks as any other game. The devs worked for 5 years for free, now they have a small amount of money to toy with and do not plan to give up. call it dead, don’t play it. I prefer to be by myself anyway.
    Your wish has come true.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• max2008max2008 Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by JetJon

This game is far from dead. It is in fact expanding rapidly.

The game population was low, but has jumped. It was at no more than 500 active accounts, it has now at least tripled.

Call it whatever you like. This game is a radical change in the whole system and can not be judged in the same ranks as any other game. The devs worked for 5 years for free, now they have a small amount of money to toy with and do not plan to give up. call it dead, don’t play it. I prefer to be by myself anyway.

Good thing about the game is your account is always active so its easy to see the changes .

Now if you are counting people like me who log in every once in a while and then do not come back for months then the game has more then 500 active users for sure.

Actual regular game players are far less.I seen AC2 low population and this is sure worse.Even on prime time i highly doubt up to 100 people are on at the same time.Highly doubt.And most are at the roman side as the barbarian side is basically a total ghost land.

• BennjimBennjim Member Posts: 146
    RV is improving rapidly and 2007 could be a landmark year if they get the UI sorted out, ballistics and mounts added and I think they're onto a winner.

BTW - Jorev I'm still waiting for that gold I bought off you on eBay, we know your now a "MMO Gold Power Seller"

• MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162
    There has been more activity in the forums and even on the Romavictor IRC channel lately since these new updates... Yes still the population is pretty low but seeing more activity is a good thing... Im not going to get into it more cuase i know there will still be some people that like to flame, But here are 2 pics of whats been happening just 2 days ago... Activity on both sides...

Freemen Gathering up for a raid on the Roman City Cortsopitum...

Romans Gathering up at the roman temple after receiving a message about a Barbarian raid on its way...

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492
    FYI to all you ppl that it pissed off so much

There is no longer legionaire_a136763

now it just says Legionaire, have fun with your errands image

• KemarikKemarik Member Posts: 122

Yes!  Since that NPC guard near the forge in Corstopitum is no longer called "legionaire_a136763", my life is now complete.  Game play enjoyment inside RV has grown exponentially as a result.

Originally posted by Kemarik
    Yes!  Since that NPC guard near the forge in Corstopitum is no longer called "legionaire_a136763", my life is now complete.  Game play enjoyment inside RV has grown exponentially as a result.         image

And there it is in living proof that renaming things makes ppl happier... BTW, call my asshat from now on
      So.....does anyone ingame know how to make a shirt yet ?image

Originally posted by Gorukha

Can't make shirts in game

Originally posted by Virtus

Togas ? and why not ?

Togas ? and why not ?

Togas arn't shirts, they are togas. Tunics arn't shirts either

Togas ? and why not ?

Togas arn't shirts, they are togas. Tunics arn't shirts either

LOL virtus you should have just said that in your first response to his shirts comment...

Anyway yea there is Tunics and Togas in game... Although it takes a bit of work to get either of them done... The time from planting you seeds it takes a while from waiting till crops grow, then you have to harvest and then put them in retting pits so they can become like softer material.. And so on till you end up with twine and tread at the end of it all... You then turn twine and tread into cloth and then sheets through a process and then from a sheet you can make a tunic... So as you can see there is quite a few things to do before making something to wear, which doesnt normaly last too long cuase a peice of cloth tears quickly when struck with a spear/sword...

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

There is no longer legionaire_a136763

now it just says Legionaire, have fun with your errands image

All you have to do is type /whereis myerrand

Yes, I have made some.  They are called tunics and they can also be purchased from an NPC.  Tunic is the category though - although I have only made one type of tunic, there are several different types of tunics in the game with variences in color, size and sleeve length.  I have also made dresses, kilts and sandals.  There are other forms of clothing in RV such as dresses, togas, sandals, shoes, kilts, trousers, boots, caps, bandanas and hats, most of which have varying forms.
      So why does everyone go around half naked ? Do tunics lose durability when you walk around in em ?

If you were to wear a shirt/tunic all day everyday, wouldnt it eventually start to tear?... If you got into a fight isnt there a chance that its going to be ripped? If you buy a pair of shoes do you wear them forever?

RV is not too hard to understand if you understand Real Life... Now not everything is the same cuase you cant respawn after you die, But stuff like clothing does end up breaking, and with the economy trying to get other things up and running they are not worrying much about wearing clothing, although honestly everyone should prolly be wearing cuase it does help a bit since your char is no longer cold while wearing some stuff... But still those pics i posted are of people gettting ready for a battle, some were wearing kilts and boots, others were just barefoot... Sucks being a bit poor, but ooh well...

So why does everyone go around half naked ? Do tunics lose durability when you walk around in em ?

No, they only wear out from battle.  Also, everything is still somewhat uncommon, keep in mind the game has only been out for a few months, so there are not a lot of items than anyone has increased the supply of to the point where they are essentially throw away items.  Most crafters wear clothing to stay warm, but I am guessing most the screenshots you have probably seen are of warriors.  Warriors do not usually use clothing because it gets destroyed quickly and easily in battle.  If anything you will see warriors carrying shields and wearing helmets - in much the same way, armor and crafters that can make it are still very rare also.

As the number of skilled crafters increases, and thus supplies of all items increase, more people will begin using them.

Since you actually do get cold if you are not wearing clothing, it will become more of an advantage to wear some as the prices decrease.

• max2008max2008 Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by Maurizio
    If you were to wear a shirt/tunic all day everyday, wouldnt it eventually start to tear?... If you got into a fight isnt there a chance that its going to be ripped? If you buy a pair of shoes do you wear them forever?

RV is not too hard to understand if you understand Real Life... Now not everything is the same cuase you cant respawn after you die, But stuff like clothing does end up breaking, and with the economy trying to get other things up and running they are not worrying much about wearing clothing, although honestly everyone should prolly be wearing cuase it does help a bit since your char is no longer cold while wearing some stuff... But still those pics i posted are of people gettting ready for a battle, some were wearing kilts and boots, others were just barefoot... Sucks being a bit poor, but ooh well...

Dude,simple say yes they lose durability .No need for this long lecture of RV "amazing" simulation of real life.I mean items been losing durability in many mmorpg before way back to UO.Not like RV invented item decay in mmorpg lol.
  • grenkalgrenkal Member Posts: 58

Anyone care to elaborate on the griefing attack which resulted in someone being crucified? Posts on the RV boards suggests that the AI of the NPCs on this game is dreadful and detracts from any sort of reality they are supposed to be creating.

Also the amount of posts saying "why can't we be allowed to use exploits" suggests the community is far from the mature grown up "are you mature enough to join us?" one that everyone goes on about.

Originally posted by grenkal
    Anyone care to elaborate on the griefing attack which resulted in someone being crucified? Posts on the RV boards suggests that the AI of the NPCs on this game is dreadful and detracts from any sort of reality they are supposed to be creating. Also the amount of posts saying "why can't we be allowed to use exploits" suggests the community is far from the mature grown up "are you mature enough to join us?" one that everyone goes on about.  

Where does it say "why can't we be allowed to use exploits"? Only thing I can see are posts asking what RB considers an exploit because some tactics are reasonable but others arn't, it is a very thin grey line.

As for the crusifiction, I have no clue, something to do with exploiting NPc kill tactics.
  • AngryFooAngryFoo Member Posts: 27

Anyone care to elaborate on the griefing attack which resulted in someone being crucified? Posts on the RV boards suggests that the AI of the NPCs on this game is dreadful and detracts from any sort of reality they are supposed to be creating.
    Also the amount of posts saying "why can't we be allowed to use exploits" suggests the community is far from the mature grown up "are you mature enough to join us?" one that everyone goes on about.

Do you consider running sideways an exploit of an NPC?

The community is not asking to exploit, it is asking why is anything other than a frontal attack considered an exploit. So if basic tactics such as flanking is considered an "exploit", then yes... we are asking to use exploits.

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Originally posted by AngryFoo

Do you consider running sideways an exploit of an NPC?

The community is not asking to exploit, it is asking why is anything other than a frontal attack considered an exploit. So if basic tactics such as flanking is considered an "exploit", then yes... we are asking to use exploits.

I though RV was supposed to be historically accurate? Romans often used flanking tactics to surround enemies.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

Its got something to do with the intelligence of the AI. Maybe once they are smarter things will change.
  • Sir-RealSir-Real Member Posts: 27
    What Helmword did is in no way flanking lol. He got banned for attacking trough the roof of a roundhouse in the first place. What Helmword did, was running to the point where the aggro range of the Legio ends. He would step outside, and kill the Legio who would run back.