Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gonna get the game...

I was planning on buying the game tomorrow, and I Just wanted everyones opinions on it before I get it. For example the pros and cons. Also was wondering if I get the regular CoV box, will I still be able to do the whole CoV vs. CoH thing?

Thanks,

SixtyeightState

Comments

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

The Good vs Evil Edition is out so if you get that you can get both Heroes and Villains.  Since I already had Heroes when I got Villains, I am not 100% sure what you get with only Villains.  Obviously no Heroes for you, but you will get access to supergroup bases.  Cannot go to the first pvp zone Bloody Bay til 15 I believe, though arena fights are always open if you want to do that.

The subscription fee covers both games, so it's $15 per month total not each for the games.

As for pro/con thing....

CoX has been a mainstay on my hard drive since Aug 2004.  Other games came and went (WoW, DAoC, EQ2, Horizons), yet CoX I always found to be fun.  It used to be my Fantasy Alternate game, but has since become my main game I play.  It's not as deep as other games, you won't spend hours making tights to get your tailoring up or anything.  Each class can solo, plus you can adjust the mission (quest) difficulty for more xp for more risk.  The content patches (called Issues) add a significant amount to the game.  It's unlike WoW where they patch but you'll never notice a difference ingame.

Anyhoo, welcome to Rogue Isles!  (or Paragon City if you must be a do-gooder)  image

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

Don't buy an account, play "fair n square" like the rest of us.  You'll be a better player for it.

Not to mention it'll be cheaper and no risk of banning should NC Soft find out.  This is a good site for information and opinions, but I have no experience buying ingame stuff from here because ... well... I don't agree with such things.  image

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

Originally posted by 68State
    I was planning on buying the game tomorrow, and I Just wanted everyones opinions on it before I get it. For example the pros and cons. Also was wondering if I get the regular CoV box, will I still be able to do the whole CoV vs. CoH thing?

Thanks,

SixtyeightState

Cov/CoH is a decent game. first tryout the trial. Well anyone looks like you already bought the game. I really think thats misleading CoV vs CoH edition cause pvp was sorta tacked on. CoX is a fairly strong PvE game, poor PvP game. but if you're buying it for the PvE then you might have a good time.
  • FuturiasFuturias Member Posts: 27
    Yep, get the Good vs Evil Edition, it will save you a lot of download time and you get some extra goodies exclusive to that retail box.