Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gratz everyone

Comments

• AlienShoresAlienShores Member UncommonPosts: 79

Absolutely and I'm not complaining by any means :)

The frustrating thing at the moment is that I've already got some questions about the beta client, but of course don't yet have access to the beta forums to post my questions ;)

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by AlienShores

Absolutely and I'm not complaining by any means :)The frustrating thing at the moment is that I've already got some questions about the beta client, but of course don't yet have access to the beta forums to post my questions ;)

Heh, wouldn't have anything to do with the wonderful patching system, would it?::::02::

Originally posted by Zorvan
    Heh, wouldn't have anything to do with the wonderful patching system, would it?::::02::

Actually no because I can't get that far image  I'll leave it at that before risking the NDA too much.
  • AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by Zorvan

Actually no because I can't get that far image  I'll leave it at that before risking the NDA too much.

Unless you're already playing the beta somehow, you aren't bound by the NDA yet. Any information you have access to without a key is not subject to NDA, especially considering the client is available for public downloading.

Having said that, I'm still struggling with the client. Two days of patching, and it's still at around 70%. I certainly hope this issue gets resolved, and future patches don't take this long. I thought the patching system for WoW was a joke, clocking in at around 12 hours for the larger patches, but this blows them right out of the water, so to speak.

Originally posted by Aethios
    Unless you're already playing the beta somehow, you aren't bound by the NDA yet. Any information you have access to without a key is not subject to NDA, especially considering the client is available for public downloading.Having said that, I'm still struggling with the client. Two days of patching, and it's still at around 70%. I certainly hope this issue gets resolved, and future patches don't take this long. I thought the patching system for WoW was a joke, clocking in at around 12 hours for the larger patches, but this blows them right out of the water, so to speak.
    Well my problem is that after installing the client and trying to run it I get an error saying it can't locate a needed DLL even though the DLL exists in one of the TCoS subfolders.  I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times, to the default location as well as custom locations, but I get the same error every time.  I've searched around a bit for info on that DLL and it seems to be a relatively common error for various applications, but I haven't found a fix for my situation.  I tried adding a PATH entry for the folder where that DLL resides in the TCoS folders, but that didn't help either.

Basically I'm stuck for now so I'll just have to wait to for the joys of problematic patching image

EDIT: 226/250 - come on people  ;)
  • AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Well my problem is that after installing the client and trying to run it I get an error saying it can't locate a needed DLL even though the DLL exists in one of the TCoS subfolders.  I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times, to the default location as well as custom locations, but I get the same error every time.  I've searched around a bit for info on that DLL and it seems to be a relatively common error for various applications, but I haven't found a fix for my situation.  I tried adding a PATH entry for the folder where that DLL resides in the TCoS folders, but that didn't help either.

Basically I'm stuck for now so I'll just have to wait to for the joys of problematic patching image

EDIT: 226/250 - come on people  ;)

There is a website somewhere that has an archive of old DLLs used in common applications, available for download in situations like this.

EDIT: After running a quick search, I found a few such websites.
    http://www.windll.com
    http://www.dll-files.com

It appears that the first of the two is temporarily down, perhaps for maintenance or whatever. The latter link has detailed instructions with each file on how to install it.

I hope this helps.

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526
    i suggest to stop trying to patch the client, until you got access to the beta-forums and can read why ;)

• cyber7chinkcyber7chink Member UncommonPosts: 61

20 more to go!

Watch, 10 of these peeps will not confrim, then they will have to do it again. image

234/250

This is really starting to drag out here. image
  • TharcideTharcide Member Posts: 97
    Hopefully just a day longer.

Was hoping it would be over by now -.-

I'm happy I was able to get in yesterday though image

I am gonna cry........ 16 more left and its been very slow. By this rate, they will cnacel them out and add 16 new names. Then the wait resets.........

Originally posted by cyber7chink
    I am gonna cry........ 16 more left and its been very slow. By this rate, they will cnacel them out and add 16 new names. Then the wait resets.........

That's what I've been afraid of, too :(  So then out of the next 16 you get maybe 8-10 confirmations, but after 24 hours they reset again and send out say 6 more, then another 24 hours, etc.

/sigh

Yep I know we're just whining now, but hey I can't help it.  We wanna get moving with this :)
  • KloxxKloxx Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Could anyone tell me if there is another Beta Client download mirror besides the fileplanet one? Cos I've no fileplanet Acc and don't want to subscribe...

• Squall15Squall15 Member Posts: 454

That's what I've been afraid of, too :(  So then out of the next 16 you get maybe 8-10 confirmations, but after 24 hours they reset again and send out say 6 more, then another 24 hours, etc.

/sigh

Yep I know we're just whining now, but hey I can't help it.  We wanna get moving with this :)

/100,000,000% agree    ITs like torture!

LMAO- chinese water torture

We all can do a Keanu Reeves in Matrix........ "Woah, de-ja vu......"

• AkaRainerAkaRainer Member Posts: 7
    Congratz you guys :D

They did it again. At least the list is smaller this time.

238 xephonics acton, MA, United States * pending *
    239 Xiaoki White Pigeon, MI, United States * pending *
    240 greatwulf Radebeul, Germany * pending *
    241 Garman Stockholm, Sweden * pending *
    242 Nytemare Btfd, ON, Canada * pending *
    243 Pale_Fire San Antonio, TX, United States * pending *
    244 s0ull Benfleet, United Kingdom * pending *
    245 Cik_Asalin Temecula, CA, United States * pending *
    246 Amorphism Rishon Le-Tzion, Israel * pending *
    247 Rekindle Moncton, NB, Canada * pending *
    248 Drakonus Los Gatos, CA, United States * pending *
    249 Sundiego San Diego, CA, United States * pending *
    250 kris323 oliver springs, TN, United States * pending *

• CrueltylizerCrueltylizer Member UncommonPosts: 58
    So how is the drawing going now? I can't get back to the page to see how many has confirmed. :)

• locdog420692locdog420692 Member Posts: 41
    omg..i wish these people would confirm already..20,000 people entered and its like pissing in the wind trying to get 250 people to confirm..the last few is like watching grass grow!

• GarmanGarman Member Posts: 69

They did it again. At least the list is smaller this time.   238 xephonics acton, MA, United States * pending * 239 Xiaoki White Pigeon, MI, United States * pending * 240 greatwulf Radebeul, Germany * pending * 241 Garman Stockholm, Sweden * pending * 242 Nytemare Btfd, ON, Canada * pending * 243 Pale_Fire San Antonio, TX, United States * pending * 244 s0ull Benfleet, United Kingdom * pending * 245 Cik_Asalin Temecula, CA, United States * pending * 246 Amorphism Rishon Le-Tzion, Israel * pending * 247 Rekindle Moncton, NB, Canada * pending * 248 Drakonus Los Gatos, CA, United States * pending * 249 Sundiego San Diego, CA, United States * pending * 250 kris323 oliver springs, TN, United States * pending *
    woho, I made it on time

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

Rich Cook

• zandwarfzandwarf Member Posts: 114
    BAH!  this is killing me...its saturday morning and i still have
    not recieved an email for the download =(  I have been waiting to
    try this game for some time, and simply can not wait to play this beta
    HURRY U GUYS.... CLAIM YOUR KEY SO THE REST OF US CAN PLAY!!!!

• DentoDento Member UncommonPosts: 138
    there are still 7 unconfirmed tickets
    243 Xiaoki White Pigeon, MI, United States * pending *
    244 Nytemare Btfd, ON, Canada * pending *
    245 Rekindle Moncton, NB, Canada * pending *
    246 Cik_Asalin Temecula, CA, United States * pending *
    247 Drakonus Los Gatos, CA, United States * pending *
    248 Pale_Fire San Antonio, TX, United States * pending *
    249 Sundiego San Diego, CA, United States * pending *
    250 kris323 oliver springs, TN, United States * pending *
    Well we're down to 8 spots left.  8?  They could just send out 20 emails and take the 1st 8 to respond, though it might be a bit cruel to the 12 that weren't quick enough on the draw. image

On a somewhat related note I strongly suggest for those of you who haven't done this yet, head over to www.tcos.com and near the bottom of the page in the left side menu there's a Scrolls section.  This is a great way to get better acclimated to the Spellborn universe.  The Scrolls are interactive fiction - basically choose your own adventure style stories with you as the main character and through the process you get the background lore, feel of the world and an idea of what the game may be like.  Fun stuff :)

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

Can anyone put up the link so I can see how many more people need to confirm please image

edit: nvm found it, here it is if anyone wants to check it out

http://www.mmorpg.com/spellborn_promo.cfm

Yep that's the link and nothing's changed since I last looked, bah!  I think it's time I go do something else with my weekend and stop watching this particular water that never boils :) 

Hopefully cya soon in Spellborn!