Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where's my zombie MMO? :(

*BRAIIIIIIIIIIINNNNSSSSSS*

Comments

• lets expand on this, if you had a zombie MMO, what would you do?

• rysnyrysny Member Posts: 3
    Survive in a city with other survivors while expanding the perimeter of the "safe-zone." Use your imagination.

• well thats why I asked, I wasnt asking you for the answer, I was just starting the ball rolling. so it would be a post apocalyptic setting where you are trying to survive once the initial zombie attack is over, and the small survivor camps have been established? what would be the goal ultimately? to kill all the zombies?

• rysnyrysny Member Posts: 3
    Well I didn't really think the whole story line through, but something like that yeah. I just think it would be a lot of fun,

• the link doesnt work :(

• DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088
    Heard of Urban Dead?

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

• text based adventure?

• LvciferLvcifer Member Posts: 127

choose 2 side:

Survivor vs. Zombie

oh yes, you can become a zombie... PvP ftw :p

MyBrute = addicting mini online game!

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Originally posted by thesneak86
    the link doesnt work :(
    http://www.exanimusthegame.com/

This one should.

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

I've yet to play an MMO without freaking Zombies, they're almost as prevolent as damned Elves.

You've been taken care of image.

Next...!

• COAgamerCOAgamer Member Posts: 190

Dont mock the undead! They are the stable of exp for the adventurer. With out zombies and skeletons level ups would be boring. I mean, then you would have to kill something as mundane as a thief or a bunny. Plus, why else would you go in that creepy, OBVIOUSLY haunted castle? For the quest? Pft, no. Its to get some good, old fashioned, family friendly zombie killing.

Plus, they cant run away from you, they can only shuffle image

Modjoe86- Gambling is a sin.
    Laserwolf- Only if you lose.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waiting for= PSU, WAR

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

I would subscribe to a survival horror mmo in a heartbeat

• IthurielIthuriel Member CommonPosts: 179
    I don't know.  I can only shoot so many corpses in the head before I get bored.  From a zombie standpoint, what would your attack bar look like?  Scratch, bite, moan, pull hair.  Could be fun though.
  • XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

Yeah I've been playing Urban Dead. It's quite fun. Currently my main guy is holed up in Cagier Mall while it looks like the Shacknews Horde is trying to break into the adjacent NecroTech (great name ain't it?) Lab. I don't really understand this idea that shooting zombies could get boring. It's even exciting in text. ::::02::

• mgarcia85mgarcia85 Member Posts: 31

I read these forums alot but hardly post, but this is something i "dream" about, Zombie MMO-FPS (i guess) but being able to play as a zombie would ruin the entire game for me, i think humans should be able to PK each other but with heavy consequences such as being exiled from major safe zones etc. I mean in lets say this was real, sure there would be humans killing other humans for supplys and what not. As a main purpose of a game like this i really couldnt say, other then killing zombies, setting up safe zones, but basicly just trying to survive (food, supplys etc). If they made ammo kind of scarce, and zombies abundant would be awesome, not just unloading 10000 bullets but kind of having to choose your targets & moving quietly not to attract to much attention. But im just DREAMING here image.           Sigh................ Instead im forced to play as f**king elves and gnomes, wish a company would take a chance and put something like this out.

/Cry - Mark
  • InflictionInfliction Member Posts: 1,115

Okay a game like this I couldn't see as an MMORPG. At least what we currently define an MMORPG as. A game of this type would have to be more of an MMOFPS, but with RPG characteristics, on a skill based system. For example, since you are a regular citizen at the start of the game, you aren't naturally proficient with any range of weapons or fighting techniques. So basically, if you shoot a gun for the first time, you maybe fumble with how to control it, maybe forget to turn the safety off etc etc, until you've mastered it and are mostly accurate with the gun.

All that aside, the game couldn't simply be zombies. As fun as that is at first, it WOULD get old. Maybe they aren't really zombies, but some alien parasite is transforming people into hideous creatures (Slither, anyone?) that hunger for human flesh, of course. This would allow for a great deal of creature variety. Then of course you could perhaps implement the kinda thing LOTRO is planning, where players could temporarily take control of various creatures to attack other players, as a means to PvP.

And whats a MMO without some form of crafting? My thought for a game like this is when you first create your character you choose 1 or 2 specific skills or traits according to what your character did for a living before hell broke loose. You could maybe pick a profession and a hobby... For example you could pick soldier as your profession, and get bonuses to accuracy and speed, and martial arts for hand to hand combat bonuses.

There would have to be a great deal of usable environments as well. Anything and everything would have to be used as a weapon. Think Dead Rising for the 360. If you pick up a gun you only get the ammunition that was in the gun, you'd have to find a more permanent weapon as well... Baseball bats for example. These weapons would of course deteriorate over time and become less useful.

And lastly there has to be some sort of all around goal for the game. Find the source of the infection and try to fight it, or just maybe to fortify your city against zombies and other attackers.

All that being said, a game that meets the aformentioned criteria would definately catch my eye and my $14.99 a month subsciption fee image

Quick edit: And of course you'd have to have some permadeath servers where if you get bitten for a zombie and aren't cured in time (if there is a cure of course) you become a zombie, and have to kill other players to survive. Once you're dead as a zombie, create a new character and start over! image