Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A dead game ?

OphielleDiabOphielleDiab Member Posts: 19
Ok my experience of lineage II was that there are verry few low level people i mean i saw 3 others in my week and a half in the noob area in the mainland after the longest boat ride ever !! i found everyone to be of rather high level and the attitude to lower level people was rather unpolite getting a group and or guild wasent possible unless you where pretty much maxed level.

After speaking to a few nice people that it took me almost a month to find there view was that the game was dying the ammount of people leaving vs the ammount joining was verry disproportional they also pointed out that if i wanted to be in a guild i would need to get power leveled or go outside and mash away because there was no way guilds would take new people.

Based on there views and the general attitude to new players i wasent impressed with the game and as it dident realy have anything unique to keep me playing i moved on.

Ophielle.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Sorry, that's a lot of crap.

If people would look at the quarterly reports they would see that this past quarter, l2 had more people playing then when it first releasted.

So it's not going anywhere. Heck, they even opened a new Euro Server.

Having said that, I also think that a decent amount of those subscriptions are farmers.

Now, having said THAT...

there are plenty of people in this game. The game has been out for almost 3 years and the incentive is not to stay in the new player areas. Heck, NC has even made it so that you level to 20 (first class change) as fast as possible. NC just does a bad job of advertising.

However, if you go to your local video game store you will see that they just rereleased the game with all new packaging. It's called the Epic collection and contains all the chronicles up to the latest one. This way you don't have to spend time downloading.

The thing is, this is a serious game. You either play it or you don't. It's not one that you can spend a few hours per week and really accomplish anything unless your expectations differ from other people (if exploring is the only thing you like to do for instance then no problem. But it takes time to work on your character).

So, in summary, the game is far from dead.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Sovrath,

Its obvious this guy either never played or maybe only put a few hours into the starter town areaimage Leave him be. I checked out his post history, he has a critic of more games then you can shake a stick at, who cares what he thinks? He's just a game hopper trolling his "opinion" thinking he's an expert on all. He completely missed ALL of the most common complaints about the game lol.

He likes DAoC though, go figure....that game is dead, community long gone and has the slow motion grind from hell.

• GalaxiacelesGalaxiaceles Member Posts: 154
    So you got on a boat and quit. Review failed. Thanks for for giving Evil NCSoft some money while you were at it.

Originally posted by Torak

Sovrath,
    Its obvious this guy either never played or maybe only put a few hours into the starter town areaimage Leave him be. I checked out his post history, he has a critic of more games then you can shake a stick at, who cares what he thinks? He's just a game hopper trolling his "opinion" thinking he's an expert on all. He completely missed ALL of the most common complaints about the game lol.
    He likes DAoC though, go figure....that game is dead, community long gone and has the slow motion grind from hell.

Oops.. sorry... I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking him. Just that what those people had told him wasn't true.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• OphielleDiabOphielleDiab Member Posts: 19
    awww my first abuse thanks guys *group hug* i played for a few weeks in noob island doing quests and trying to level because i dident know about the boat lmao i mean dam it took me ages to learn about soul shots and spirit shots after which i saved some money brought the rong boat ticket lol saved some more money and traveled to the mainland tho while there i was suprised at how few people there where (the town by the boat was totaly empty) so i went exploring just walking around aimlessly i did find people randomly in little groups but they wernt talkative in any way and apeard to be doing quests after walking all the way to the dark elf town (half way across the map) i managed to find a person *sorry cant remember your name* who game me some cash and walked me through how the game works they even introduced me to some people (via chat and tell commands) all of which had the this game is dying and its sucks to be noob view and there attitude is one of the main things that put me off in game i found knowone who actualy had good things to say then again i couldent find anyone who could explain how i get from human mystic to wizard either (i found it myself) my total play time was arround 3 months and as for "slagging off games" chill winston its just oppinions im interested in your feed back good or bad and there are some games i like i like ragnarok cus its so cheezy and easy to play i also liked ryzom because it felt different in its own weired kinda way erm eve online to that was random enough to be good dark age of camelot was wkd but its a bit old now as said above everquest was a bit dull because it was so easy to do quests but the people where nice and guild wars because its the only game that i can level myself to 60 in 12 hours without help *smiles*

Ps. think i still have my lineage II account can transfere your toon to a new account?

You can't transfer your characters to new servers or between accounts.

Ah ok i was gonna ask if anyone wanted my toon she has 3-4 plat and absolutly loads of items i think something like 250k D grade soul shots + full set of D grade weapons and armour. Sovrath whats your toons name in lineage II ?

Originally posted by OphielleDiab 
    i was gonna ask if anyone wanted my toon she has 3-4 plat

Plat? What game are you playing? You are hopping around so much I think you got your games mixed up...plat are from the actual dead game, DAoC.image

Sovrath, take him up on his offer and see if it works out...image Something tells me it won't but I've been known to be wrong.

It's "Sovrath" on Hindemith server.

w00t my plaync login still works i will jump on later (within the hour) and send you a tell if your on you can have all my craps deal ?

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Yup, playing a game that doesn't babysit you and or hold your hand the entire way AND than expects you to actually attempt to make your own way in the world really, really sucks...

Errrr wait... is that right? ANWAYS!

As far as the game dying, NCSoft just released it's financial numbers for 2005/2006 and L2 NA has actually jumped about 15k subs over last year. The press release is over at routers.com and ncsoft's official site.

Ya'know... in case you want to actually educate yourself instead of just spouting off nonesense. Just in case...

Originally posted by shae

Yup, playing a game that doesn't babysit you and or hold your hand the entire way AND than expects you to actually attempt to make your own way in the world really, really sucks...
    As far as the game dying, NCSoft just released it's financial numbers for 2005/2006 and L2 NA has actually jumped about 15k subs over last year. The press release is over at routers.com and ncsoft's official site.
    Ya'know... in case you want to actually educate yourself instead of just spouting off nonesense. Just in case...

Really? Thats good news shaeimage Coming from anyone else I would ask for a link but not youimage. Q2 they slipped about 3 or 4k subs but it was a minor loss, I was afraid it was the beginning of a trend. I'm a doomsayer at times lol.

Thanks.

Maybe you will come visit us in Aden someday...image

• AlthiaAlthia Member Posts: 32

Ah ok i was gonna ask if anyone wanted my toon she has 3-4 plat and absolutly loads of items i think something like 250k D grade soul shots + full set of D grade weapons and armour. Sovrath whats your toons name in lineage II ?
    lol wait you played for 2 weeks and you have loads of items from talking island?  lol go umm junk it all at the shop and make some noobies day by giving them the mil  you will make...  /sigh sorry

but there are so many new hunting grounds that are so much better than talking island that as soon as you reach 20 that most start exploring the main land and have a much easier time of lvling.........

this game dead? I think not ever got as far as a siege and been so lagged out by the shear number of people on the field grounds?    L2 has so many places to hide that it is crazy, entire guilds can hide for 2 weeks and make you wonder if they were banned or what not only to show up in extreme force for pvp or sieging....  its the environment its totally survival of the fittest and claiming a hunting ground that is all yours to lvling on 

god i love l2image

Oh but ophiellediab if you are giving your account away hell i would take it for free.... i could use the character slots to lvl up 40s but i wont buy *shrugs* account buying is bannable

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Originally posted by shae

Really? Thats good news shaeimage Coming from anyone else I would ask for a link but not youimage. Q2 they slipped about 3 or 4k subs but it was a minor loss, I was afraid it was the beginning of a trend. I'm a doomsayer at times lol.

Thanks.

Maybe you will come visit us in Aden someday...image

I'll get the routers linky anyways, when I get home tonight as it was sent to an email I can't check during the day at work. I do believe there was a post about it in the general forums on the L2 site though and it's great news, it's nice to see the game still going strong.

Truth be told, I'd love to get back into L2, I had wonderful times in Aden. Unfortunately right now I'm neck deep in a closed beta test for an upcomming MMO and trying to cope with the new school year so I doubt it's going to happen anytime soon.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

Can you say Ebay.

Omg, Sovrath, i'm going to pm you begging for items and money. You must be mad rich. Torak is uber rich too, he's da uber richest person eva. He's also ver y nice, but we'll call him Torak-Trump.

Omg, i played WoW for 5 minutes, and it's a dead game . . . I didn't see anyone around me but bots with question marks over their head. Actually, i played for like 30 minutes and hit lvl 60 and then quit.

Best game ever is diablo 2 but only on hardcore server, USeast HC server 4 life. Omg my post is so bloody useless, afksahfkajshfskfdhaskfhsdkfaslkffhskafjsh *epileptic seizure* fhakljflasndfjaslkfjaslkfjs

I'm in a weird mood, this is so out of character.

First time i've seen Torak go on the offensive, it redirects my blood to my "other" extremity. Just ignore me i'm in a weird mood.

Guess what level my character is? . .. lvl 69 omg, i said 69.*snicker*

oh god i need to stop.

bye, love you.

Cryo-fucking-matrix

P.S. I just realized that at lvl 69  i've accumulated roughly 400m xp, when I ever hit lvl 76, I will have accumulated 920m. So basically, i'm halfway to my goal of 76 and i've been playing for about 6 months (with 4 weeks off). Blah. But then again, i do accumulate xp at a faster rate atm but not much different i think. Man i so need to hit lvl 75 so i can subclass, getting bored out of my mind.

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 

LMAO,

Yeah, Ive toned down since my head exploded when Franz launched....image

Good luck bro where ever you end up! If you are a fraction as successful in your next game as L2 you will be the sh*t. L2 makes some mean a*s MMO players, thats for sure. We are fearless in our game play and can overcome any other game with ease.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

LMAO, Yeah, Ive toned down since my head exploded when Franz launched....image Good luck bro where ever you end up! If you are a fraction as successful in your next game as L2 you will be the sh*t. L2 makes some mean a*s MMO players, thats for sure. We are fearless in our game play and can overcome any other game with ease.

Hey torak,

I played Dialbo 2 hardcore server, PK/dueler, no botting, no programs, no chicken hack, well i botted/ebayed in my 5th year of playing the game, but not the first 4 :). Never chicken hack. L2 is a joke compared to diablo 2 hardcore being a dueler and legit. Only tough part about L2 is the economy and most people get around it via ebay and also staying interested in the grind. Of course most mmo's are a cakewake, L2 is harder than most, but i still think Diablo 2 hardcore was the shiznit.

But then again, dying at lvl 76 and losing 4%. THe time it takes to regain those 4% you could make a lvl 50 char in d2 if everything is set up right, but the hardest part about dueling in d2 was replacing the dueling gear, charms mainly.

was the post I quoted above in reference to me or o-feel-ya.

Cryo-Torak-is-the-man-matrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 

Originally posted by Sovrath
    It's "Sovrath" on Hindemith server.

Sooo.......... how did it work out? BS or not?

250k (250,000) in DSS is a pretty handsome sum of money...at 13 each thats 3,250,000 adena plus the "D grade stuff". Sounds like you won the lottery.

Did he give you the "Plats" also???image Maybe you could tell us what the hell a Plat is in L2.