Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NeverWinterNights 2

timmy12timmy12 Member UncommonPosts: 390

I know this isnt a Mmorpg but i was just woundering whos going to but it towmarrow lol? for the vote but is Buy*

Comments

• CarbideCarbide Member Posts: 136
    I'm going to wait until the demo comes out or I hear more about it.  I hope it makes much more use of voiceover then NWN did - not that I mind reading but hearing someone "talk" to me gets me much deeper into the game.

==========
    SWG - 1st Gen MBH (Closed)
    EVE (Closed)
    WoW (61 Orc Hunter - Blackwing Lair)
    GuildWars (Boring...)

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    hmm..I won't..its not really a game for me, I didn't like NWN 1 either.
  • SquittySquitty Member Posts: 342
    I wasn't a huge fan of neverwinter nights 1, but I have high hopes for this one.  The first time I played NWN 1 was 2 years after it was released so I don't think it was a fair test (dated graphics etc.)

• JhustynJhustyn Member UncommonPosts: 109

When I played NWN1 I was lucky enough to find a kicka$$ server where there was a DM on constantly....it was a really indepth world he ran.....perma character death, and item loot from players...was great...I hope NWN2 is just as good.image

• timmy12timmy12 Member UncommonPosts: 390
    Jhustyn what was that server call was it call BlackCompany??? lol that was my dads server back then
  • WolfjunkieWolfjunkie Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 985
    I was a huge fan on NWN 1. Played on a PW, always 1 DM, often up to 10 DMs, 60 slots for players, great world.. Can't wait for NWN 2. The graphics have been updated, the tiles have been removed from the toolset, and it have been updated to D&D 3.5ed rules.. I know what to expect, i know what i jump into, i'm most defently buying it.

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Ive had mine reserved for awhile now. I just got the shipping notice and tracking number from Amazon a few ago, will be here Wednsday.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• DedekoDedeko Member Posts: 67
    reserved, and hoping to get it tuesday, but i really know it will be in my hands wednesday

=====Dedeko

• geteggeteg Member Posts: 14
    hrm, so how does the online play work with this game? is there like a multiplayer tab on the main screen that brings up a list of servers? or do u gotta join the player created worlds some other way? ive never played so im curious lol. thanks. =)
  • TeleboasTeleboas Member UncommonPosts: 184
    I plan to try it.  By the time I ever got around to trying NWN 1, the game was way out of date.
  • koifishkoifish Member Posts: 13
    I will get it, maybe not tomorrow, GameStop/ EB has a way of charging extra $5 for last few titles I've reserved..  Yes, I prepaid in full for reserve, then you show up for your copy and they hit you for an additional $5...  I'll wait a week, also has added virture of getting first reviews...  But I cannot deny my Halfling Rogue that I have fully templated on looseleaf paper atm, true pnp'r

My opinions are my own, take them to heart or take them with a grain of salt. koi

• TrinexxTrinexx Member Posts: 21
    Neverwinter Nights was a horrible game, so I dunno how this one is meant to turn out. It is meant to be quite dynamic.

Wait...

Damn!
    DARK side.
    Seriously, I meant Dark Side.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by Trinexx
    Neverwinter Nights was a horrible game, so I dunno how this one is meant to turn out. It is meant to be quite dynamic.

Your opinion is duly noted. And discarded::::02:: NWN2 is getting prime location on my hard drive a.s.a.p.::::24::

• TrinexxTrinexx Member Posts: 21
    One mans trash is another mans gold. I didn't like the first one, though. xD I'll try this out when I get enough money (I just blew all my money on a new PC. xD).

Wait...

Damn!
    DARK side.
    Seriously, I meant Dark Side.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by Trinexx

Well, it was nothing as cool as BGs or IDs, but it was still a fun game IMO.  Many flaws, but still good.

I can't wait to play NWN2 myself :)  I wish it was BG 3, but since this may never happen (or is it the MMO BioWare are making?)...NWN2 is a decent alternative.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• kidRiotkidRiot Member Posts: 209

Im probably going to get it, i just want to see some reviews.

Although im CRAVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some PnP D&D, just chill for hours and hours with a group of real pros and such.  DAMN i want some D&D.  I hope theres a gaming convention coming up, they always have the best RPG games going.

• DedekoDedeko Member Posts: 67
    im really more interested in creating my own module/game/world in the toolset.

Though custom content I am still bare of those details

=====Dedeko

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

Got the game yesterday night. Played it until 4 pm , and had to wake up for work ... So i am bit tired now.

If you have any questions about the game , feel free to ask.

Let me just sum it up.

If you are D&D fan (like i am) this game brings D back to d&d ... whatever that means image 
    What i really want to say. It has adherence to 3.5 rules + faerun rules + much more of originall NWN
    It has gameplay functionality of Baldurs Gate
    And the story is better than anything i seen so far (as i only played first chapter, i can guarantee that)

And for the most - this is the first D&D game - that really made me have that "I AM THERE" feeling

In one word. If you like D&D , you better dont return home without this game.

If you never played D&D , get this game and see what all the hubbub is about image

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• CelestianCelestian Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Originally posted by Carbide
    I'm going to wait until the demo comes out or I hear more about it.  I hope it makes much more use of voiceover then NWN did - not that I mind reading but hearing someone "talk" to me gets me much deeper into the game.

From playing with the toolset it appears you can record your OWN voice overs for conversations!

Cool stuff =)

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

As soon as i upgarde my 6600gt am gonna give a shot.

• IltorqueIltorque Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by timmy12

I know this isnt a Mmorpg but i was just woundering whos going to but it towmarrow lol? for the vote but is Buy*

I used to like these view from above style rpg's.... but not anymore  =/
  • frkhot97frkhot97 Member Posts: 393

Oh why haven't I got a call about my preorder box yet!?

Not a fan of the D&D rules, but when you find a server with likeminded people to play with it can be nirvana and you forgive Wizards of the Coast.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by Iltorque

Originally posted by timmy12

I used to like these view from above style rpg's.... but not anymore  =/

You can play it 3rd person or top down. They added that into NWN1 FYI although it was sorta wonky. NWN2 is basically designed to look like a standard 3rd person RPG.

Thats what they claim anyway, there are several dev movies to take a look at on Gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/search.html?qs=neverwinter%20nights%202&sub=m&stype=11&type=11 

I have 1000% more confidence in this game then any MMO releasing lol

• clinteastclinteast Member UncommonPosts: 159
    NwN for me is the only game i have played continousley over the last couple of years the mods are brilliant.  Cant wait :)

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042
    Sure, hell let me one up everyone here, I used to play NWN back when it was a goldbox game on AOL