Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE's real problem

i would say make a classic server from one of the nonused test centers, if it fills up and has tons of people make another and another. Until you don't have to, it's not rocket science. not much risk in it at all, hell they could also make it only avavible though station pass or something, classic servers aren't the problem. The nge servers are the problem bleeding profit and resourses and costing them money.  Hell there is just not enough people on them to justify a whole server, and no real way to merge them.

Rock meet hard place. it's pretty funny they have all these servers with most being way way under capacity and no way to merge them. They don't want to purge account. They don't want to destory players homes. They want those players to come back. They can't rollback to a year and a half, that would be fair to lose a year and a half of work(and we know how it feels to lose at your work it's not fun so i would never ask for a rollback) They can't remount pre-cu on top of the nge, Without completing fucking up the game even more then now, yes it would be worst, bugs so deep you could never find them. They can't afford another revamp.

They have painted themselves into a corner and have no way of getting out. I actually feel sorry for them, (well i'm laughing at them) it's a no win for them. and each month it only get worst cause the server numbers bleed more, and if all the players that are waiting for this "magic hope" that it will get better would just leave, maybe it could finally die and join the force already. 

sorry for grammer or spelling, i was in a rush

Comments

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    Server hardware + software = $0.07, dime-a-dozen or you buy 5 and get one free

Server maintainance and administration = several people, including developers, adminstrators, managers at 50k+ each a year