Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW community owns EQ2 community.

2»

Comments

• thepkerthepker Member Posts: 192

no matter how bad the community is I try to get into a guild first ^^

• kurazaokurazao Member Posts: 3
    ZOMG PEW PEW PEW!!!one1!!
  • DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by OrionStar

You don't have any Epics your a what they call "nub" which is also misspelled hence idiots. 
    You don't have a epic mount your called a "nub".

Let me just say that I laughed alot while reading your post :) I could really feel your frustration over theese people! xD

I agree to the gear dependant games, it's all just walking around showing off your good gear ... growing your E-Penor bigger than others... you are actually praised for that too, which you shouldn't be. Because then you're just a loner who spends too much time playing PC games. Sadly, it's like that in many games.

And I'm not gonna be that one sided that it only happends in WoW and because it's item dependant. It happens alot in Guild Wars too. I just hate people who do "/spit" commands at you after you're dead. Or starts dancing like a freaking idiot.

That happened some times in EQ2 too. But very much less than other games there are out there, for sure.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by sayuri2006

Why is the community of EQ2 so bad?
    You should try WOW, you won't find a more mature and caring community out there. Everyone is there to help and, give free items and at times help wih quests.
    In EQ2, I wondered around solo half the time cause no-one seemed to care to help, party and point me in the right direction etc..
    I think WoW has one of the best, mature communities in all the mmorpgs out there.
    Go WOW; for the horde!!

Thank you sayuri2006, that is the funniest post I have read in....well ever!

• TeleboasTeleboas Member UncommonPosts: 184
    The community is pretty bad in EQ2 now compared to what it was at the release of the game.  I think it's due to the WoW playerbase that has gotten bored of WoW, and have moved to EQ2.
  • PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267
    Dont worry Teleboas, well get em either to b nice or send em packing back to WOW, lol

• D0minati0nD0minati0n Member Posts: 25

When i first played WoW i would get flamed all the time in the forums simply for stating my opinion. Then i realized this community sucks so friggen bad this must be why the game is so friggen easy. Then i quit before i ever finished any toons. I played from the first day it was open sooo.... maybe the community has learned to get off blizzards (fill in the blank) and pull their heads out of their (fill in the blank) so maybe it is as sayuri2006 says it is...

:P

• BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423

From my experience with EQII from launch to shortly after DOF ( quit the moment I heard of server merges and took up the game of WOW ) I can pretty much aggree with what the OP has stated. But what makes it more apparent is the population size. Since EQII has a much lower population of players it's just more noticeable to run into players from PUG's and even to ones very own guild. But then again it could be that I am the guild master in WOW and play with 15 real life family and friends and really dont have to 'deal' with outside interferance or the drama of it..

• kuraikenshinkuraikenshin Member Posts: 47
     I actually had a pretty good time with EQ2, starting out-- the moment I made it to the Wood Elf city (After doing the tutorial) I was approached by another player, who started talking to me. Being that we were in an RP server, we had a casual IC conversation, and, she gave me a music box that she said would sell very well, because she was about to go on a long journey. I spent my week-and-a-half in EQ2 fairly well... I joined a guild and it was fun for a while. What ruined it for me was that I'd been spoiled by WoW, really... I found it hard to find a group, and I was generally unsatisfied with the quests and the environment. It looked like it was going to be green hills as far as the eye could see for a LONG time.

As far as the WoW community goes, there's more people, so there's more assholes and kiddies on there... but yeah, there's also alot of decent players. Finding a group is never a chore in WoW. Would I say it's better then EQ2? In my experiance, yeah, then again, I played WoW longer. And it's generally more populated. Still doesn't put it on top in terms of community; DAoC had the best from my experiance. The whole newbie guild thing they put you in when you start out now is awesome. Given, 70% of the time they're talking about how bad EQ2 and WoW are, but when you ask for help or advice you usually get several responces right away.

As for SWG... uh? I never played after NGE, but I can't say the community was bad. It was pretty easy to get into things just by swinging by a Cantina.. that's how I got recruited into guilds, really. Go down to lower my fatigue and bam someone offered me a house. I miss those old days, but nobody's gonna want a Vet's opinion, so I'll stfu now.

So, yeah, WoW probably has the best of communities and the worst of communities, given it's popularity nowadays. EQ2 probably just has less of both. End result? Both communities compose of people, people are generally a pain in the ass.

Half empty, half full... it's a matter of opinion. Personally I'm satisfied with any community after a shot or two. image

ive been a part of just about every MMO out there.  so i do know alittle about each of them.  what the previous poster posted is exactly right.  every community has both pricks and incredibly friendly ppl.  what determines ur experience in a given game, is ur circle of influence.  if in a game ur a jerk to every1 u meet, guess what ur response is prolly going to b.  however, if ur a nice guy/girl to others, ur experience ingame is more than likely going to b different.  so what am i saying?  b nice to others and ur more than likely going to enjoy ur stay in whatever game u play.

the thing is this, yes, WOW has more ppl ingame than other games.  but (and ive been apart of WOW community so i can say this), there is definitely more of an abundance of pricks and kiddies in WOW than there r nice ppl.  ive tried to play the nice guy in that game and still had a bad experience over and over.  yes, EQII has less of the pop.  but again, the difference in EQII over WOW is the fact that ive seen ppl come in and bash EQII and by the time their done with the posting, theyre apologizing to the community because they noticed that instead of flaming right back, the community responds respectfully and politely.  this is what most in this forum is expressing about EQII vs. WOW.  in a WOW forum if some1 were to post a topic called, "EQ2 community owns WOW community," what do u think would happen?  i mean come on, ppl that play WOW come in here to flame and start flame wars with the EQII community.  if that isnt immaturity, i dont know what is.

u were a guild leader in WOW.  i dont know if uve ever been a guild/clan leader in any other game b4, but i can tell u this, if u r the leader/boss/top dog/whatever, ppl r going to b more friendly to u.  theyre going to kiss ur ass and such.  its the nature of the beast.  part of the job.  it happens, and nothing will ever change that.  so i can honestly tell u that more than likely it wasnt the community that u liked in WOW, it was the attention ppl gave u.  and there is nothing at all wrong with that.  plz dont take me wrong.

i never have any trouble getting a group in EQII.  u wanna talk about problems finding a group, play FFXI, get to about lvl 20 and then look for groups in Qufim Island.  spend about half a day looking for a group, then come talk about hard to find a group.  i find the quests and environments very deep and entertaining in EQII.

again to reiterate me point.  i find that the EQII community is the best that ive been apart of, but like the previous poster pointed out.  every1 is going to have a unique point of referance and different opinion.

• max2008max2008 Member Posts: 91

Why is the community of EQ2 so bad?
    You should try WOW, you won't find a more mature and caring community out there. Everyone is there to help and, give free items and at times help wih quests.
    In EQ2, I wondered around solo half the time cause no-one seemed to care to help, party and point me in the right direction etc..
    I think WoW has one of the best, mature communities in all the mmorpgs out there.
    Go WOW; for the horde!!

Sniffing glue is bad,ok.
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by Bakgrind

From my experience with EQII from launch to shortly after DOF ( quit the moment I heard of server merges and took up the game of WOW ) I can pretty much aggree with what the OP has stated. But what makes it more apparent is the population size. Since EQII has a much lower population of players it's just more noticeable to run into players from PUG's and even to ones very own guild. But then again it could be that I am the guild master in WOW and play with 15 real life family and friends and really dont have to 'deal' with outside interferance or the drama of it..

Actually you are totally wrong in your reasoning.Fact the EQ2 servers carry much more load of players then WoW.If you followed the threads and links over this you know that .

So if i play on server A in EQ2 i may interact in total with 10k or so characters in my character life.In WoW if i play on server B which has a load of about 3k i be interacting with about 1.5k since i cannot talk or play with the opposite faction .

So simply mathematics.Even if you do have the time to play 2 servers per day you still need to play about 7 different servers per day before you can make your assumption based on what you said.

I highly doubt YOU have seen or played with any of the 5 million  chinese or the europeans (if you are in US if not visa versa).You experience with players are pureply based on your experience with your server players which compared to EQ2 server is actually lower by quite a bit .

• bizounce10bizounce10 Member Posts: 101

WoW dose have the best community in the MMO world.

-FOR THE ALLIANCE!

Originally posted by bizounce10

WoW dose have the best community in the MMO world.

-FOR THE ALLIANCE!

"dose" it?  lmao.  y r u here then?

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Originally posted by bizounce10
    WoW dose have the best community in the MMO world.     -FOR THE ALLIANCE!
    lol. I have to agree. If it does, then why are you here?

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106
    Heh....HAHAHHAHAHHA!!   HAHAHAH!

The OP brought back a wonderful memory.  Remember the 2005 best MMO contest...and best graphics was WoW vs. EQ2...and WoW won.  LOL!!  Oh man.  that makes me smile everytime i think about it.

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

what i find so funny is if the OP isnt wanting to start a flame war, y would he/she post this message in a EQII forum?  frankly, ive played both, and i find WOW lacking in too many places.  so if OP and those that agree think that WOW is so much better, y r they coming in here and posting crap like this thread?  looks kinda fishy to me.  u dont see me posting EQII is better in the WOW forum. lol.

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819

Originally posted by hercules
    Originally posted by Bakgrind

Actually you are totally wrong in your reasoning.Fact the EQ2 servers carry much more load of players then WoW.If you followed the threads and links over this you know that .

So if i play on server A in EQ2 i may interact in total with 10k or so characters in my character life.In WoW if i play on server B which has a load of about 3k i be interacting with about 1.5k since i cannot talk or play with the opposite faction .

So simply mathematics.Even if you do have the time to play 2 servers per day you still need to play about 7 different servers per day before you can make your assumption based on what you said.

I highly doubt YOU have seen or played with any of the 5 million  chinese or the europeans (if you are in US if not visa versa).You experience with players are pureply based on your experience with your server players which compared to EQ2 server is actually lower by quite a bit .

There's just one problem here. I did the math for the EQ2 EU English servers (Splitpaw & Runnyeye). On a sunday, at around noon central european time, they both had around 700 people online (Splitpaw slightly more than Runnyeye). I then logged on to the european WoW server Kul Tiras and did the math there. Came out to some 1400-1500 people. I was lazy and only did the horde side, then estimated a 40% horde, 60% alliance split, so it might be a bit off.

Anyway it's not the EXACT numbers that are important here though. The interesting part is that one WoW server that hovers between medium and full load pulls about twice the load of the EU EQ2 servers. That's just sad in my eyes.

As for EQ2 community vs. WoW community. Hmm... I've tried both for a while now and must say that while people are generally more mature in EQ2, it's far from perfect.

At times, the level chat channels can be just as bad as The Barrens in WoW. No, it's not quite the "OMFG LOLZ0RS!oneone!" or "CRY M00R3 n00b" type of chat you find in WoW, but there's certainly a fair share of people just hanging around waiting for something to argue about. Just today, I saw someone "educating" people about using the LFG and /who to find people to group with instead of using the level chat channel. Dunno what was wrong with her head, but she was certainly sounding like an old crone on a bad IRC cop trip and the fact that she had a lvl 70 somehow gave her permission to act that way. Uhu... yeah... great. I'd rather watch people spam "LVL X YYY LFG" than line after line of arguing for and against using the level chat channels for LFGs.

Oh yeah, and try to harvest resources during prime time. That somehow seems to bring the worst out in people. Well... nothing is perfectimage

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859

Why is the community of EQ2 so bad? You should try WOW, you won't find a more mature and caring community out there. Everyone is there to help and, give free items and at times help wih quests. In EQ2, I wondered around solo half the time cause no-one seemed to care to help, party and point me in the right direction etc.. I think WoW has one of the best, mature communities in all the mmorpgs out there. Go WOW; for the horde!!
    Now kids, here you see what happens when you forget to take your medication. You don't want this happen to you, do you? Always take doctors orders, remember that.

i dont really care how many ppl r on each server.  doesnt really affect too much in me eyes.  this topic is just plain dumb.  its only here cause some1 child wanted to start a fight.  dont know y.  maybe there wasnt enough barrens chat going on at the time ingame.  so they decided to start a flaming thread on EQII forums knowing that it would bait ppl into an arguement.  whatever the reason, EQII FTW, lol.

• mehhemmehhem Member Posts: 653

Why is the community of EQ2 so bad? You should try WOW, you won't find a more mature and caring community out there. Everyone is there to help and, give free items and at times help wih quests. In EQ2, I wondered around solo half the time cause no-one seemed to care to help, party and point me in the right direction etc.. I think WoW has one of the best, mature communities in all the mmorpgs out there. Go WOW; for the horde!!
    Are you kidding? I've played both EQ2 and WoW and WoW is by far the worst MMO community I've ever seen!  The forums are horrible and the in-game players are a little better, but not much.  Check out EQ2 forums then look at the WoW ones.  See all the flames on the WoW side? 

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by Faelan

There's just one problem here. I did the math for the EQ2 EU English servers (Splitpaw & Runnyeye). On a sunday, at around noon central european time, they both had around 700 people online (Splitpaw slightly more than Runnyeye). I then logged on to the european WoW server Kul Tiras and did the math there. Came out to some 1400-1500 people. I was lazy and only did the horde side, then estimated a 40% horde, 60% alliance split, so it might be a bit off.

Anyway it's not the EXACT numbers that are important here though. The interesting part is that one WoW server that hovers between medium and full load pulls about twice the load of the EU EQ2 servers. That's just sad in my eyes.

You forget that many ppl in EQ2 actually play with anon on them including me.Not sure how you did the maths for WoW server because doing /who 60 hunter alone can't work due to the limit in search .You have to actually check each area and thats a nightmare.Also i recall some article been published at one time during the queuing problems where some online magazine claimed to have gotten the numbers off a blizzard employee who says the server goes into queue at 2,200 .

Sorry but think the maths you did is pretty off.

• ziphiiziphii Member Posts: 17
    Well, I am just downloading the free trial for EQII, but I have to say that my experience in WoW tells me that the key is to find like-minded players.  People who think like you and enjoy the same things.  You can joke with each other and avoid the potty jokes and annoying pewpew stuff of the random dude posting in general chat.  Sometimes you meet nice/cool people by randomly running into them, but more often you will have nothing in common.  And btw, chuck norris jokes can be very funny.  (Hint: it's not really about chuck norris)

"Did you see us fight?"

"No"

"Trap!"

Originally posted by ziphii
    Well, I am just downloading the free trial for EQII, but I have to say that my experience in WoW tells me that the key is to find like-minded players.  People who think like you and enjoy the same things.  You can joke with each other and avoid the potty jokes and annoying pewpew stuff of the random dude posting in general chat.  Sometimes you meet nice/cool people by randomly running into them, but more often you will have nothing in common.  And btw, chuck norris jokes can be very funny.  (Hint: it's not really about chuck norris)

psssstttt.....we know. lol.