Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW going FTP?

I heard that WoW is going Free to Play. It said they plan to do it in 2007image

Comments

• bizounce10bizounce10 Member Posts: 101

i wish.

what is "it?" many fansites post up lies to keep players that are going to lave to stay. Its MMO patrisim, but where did you hear this?

• haudvicushaudvicus Member Posts: 176

Can't find anything on that. Do you have a link?

• vortigen7vortigen7 Member Posts: 116

The OP joins mmorpg.com the same day he makes his post, and has only two posts to his credit. And then, he offers no proof/evidence of his claim.

"I" heard..."It" said...( Okay...we believe youimage).

The OP joins MMORPG.COM the same day he makes his post, and offers no proof or evidence to his claim. Not to mention, he only has 2 total posts. Eh...I don't think I'll believe anything this guy might have to say on the subject.

• SuaveSuave Member Posts: 150

LLOOOLOOLLLOLLOOLL!!!!

.... No monthly fees for WoW?

LOLOOLOOLOLOLOLLOLOLLOOLLOOLOLOLOLOLLO!!!!!!!!

• dustyfogdustyfog Member Posts: 17
    LOL and his other post is about how free servers rock image
  • Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953
    totall loser lol...WoW will be forced to become free if it wants to keep its player base after Warhammer, Vanguard, God's and Heroe's, Age of Conan, Chornicles of Spellborn and LoTR come out...lol

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Joshua69
    totall loser lol...WoW will be forced to become free if it wants to keep its player base after Warhammer, Vanguard, God's and Heroe's, Age of Conan, Chornicles of Spellborn and LoTR come out...lol

hahaha, and what gives you that illusion?
  • neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    Well if they take any longer to get out BC they may end up having to go F2P in order to compete against the next gen MMOs. ;o

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Hell will freeze over before WOW becomes free to play.  People hoping for it are delusional. But not quite as much as those who are sure the next generation of MMORPG's are going to blow WOW away... most of them will suck badly...if we're lucky one will be good enough to tear us away from WOW....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Takata5Takata5 Member Posts: 336

Originally posted by burningcorps
    All Lies! WoW will NEVER be a free MMO. In 2007 they are releasing there expansion. Which they are hoping will make them more money and give them more subscribers. And possibly older ones who've quit will return. Hell it doesn't cost much to pay it monthly anyways.

• gschenk3gschenk3 Member Posts: 93
    If they go F2P, the shareholders will sue the pants off them. Remember a public corporation has a responsibility to the shareholders to make as much money as possible.

• WendoXXXWendoXXX Member CommonPosts: 165

Ye iv heard the same thing... they will also send  a free copy of BC and a new computer to everone whit a WoW account.
  • RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730
    WoW being free to play?

Thats a good one. I would believe that as much as I would that they would have a toll booth at every instance and charge a few euros/dollars for entry.

• Synyster777Synyster777 Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by WendoXXX
    Ye iv heard the same thing... they will also send  a free copy of BC and a new computer to everone whit a WoW account.
    hahahaha

Lend a hand and break the chains of regularity you lean so closely upon