Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why i quit World Of Warcraft

Well, in the past two months i have played World of warcraft, and in the beginning you will begin to like it, but after that, basically quest, instances, grinding...thats about it.

Reasons why i quit:

Unbalanced PvP- In the battle grounds(BG) For 17-20(Can go lower but im putting that) the pvp was very unbalanced, twinks vs un-twinks, unfair, even on the newer server that happens, 1 reason i quit it because of that.

Some-what bad Community-

So i'm standing there in Ironforge, asking for some *Quest Help* There's about 1 thousand people there(Estimated) no one helped me, and what pissed me off so much, theres this guy standing there for 5 hours straight, saying the same thing, but when i asked him for help, he sayed "Shut up asshole"

The sad nerds:
People take the game too seriously, and that some-times can get very annoying, to alot of people, these so called "Nerds" need to get a life, and get off their computers and do something with their life, i mean c'mon, world of warcraft isn't that good, but to some people, it's their lifes, which it shouldn't be, MMo-Addiction does exist so it seems in world of warcraft.

Quest System:

Well, this is a big one, alot of quest do stuff like *Kill 20 Monsters(Example)* Or *Get there in 5 minutes* That is so annoying it is not funny, after you get about lvl 17, you start doing an instance(If you Alliance and choose to)Called VC after Edwin Vancleef i belive, and that is what you can do from about 15-21 depend how many times. That is what i call *Repatative* Doing the same thing over and over, shouldn't that get REALLY boring? I mean cmon, doing something for about 2 hours straight, i call that Gay-mo.

Thats about it

Comments

• ellimanatorellimanator Member Posts: 61
    Yer thats why i quit lol its crap and i think you have a point lol im never goin to pay to play another game ever lolyimageimage

• JackBauer24JackBauer24 Member Posts: 283
    That is why I quit after 2 weeks.  image  Only problem is now I need a good MMO and can not find one with my qualities and PvP requirments

PvP requirments being BIG fun battlesimage

• ellimanatorellimanator Member Posts: 61
    Lol well why dont you try final fantasy good battles also try gw i bought it a while ago no monthly charges and really funny well thats what i thoughtimage
    good on you for quitin world of warcraft ty man you have my respectimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490
    The pvp balance is one of my beefs with the game as well.
    The horde/alliance balance.
    The balances of certain classes.
    The twinks versus the nontwinks.
    It's just a joke from where I'm standing.

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664
    only people who whine and quit over PVP "balance" just dont know how to play.

• ippoippo Member UncommonPosts: 109
    well pvp in wow is useless. The honor system is based on time=rank not
    skill.Also battlegrounds a boring. The only fun pvp Ive had in wow was
    when the game just came out .People would form huge raids up to 100-200
    people to attack one of the captial citys. The only bad thing was it
    would crash the server. But thats the pvp wow should do. I know wow
    just made some content for some world pvp but it sucks. Their needs to
    be a huge reward for killing leader of the cities to get more world pvp.

• GooglezGooglez Member Posts: 8
    The game's awesome and it's getting new content every month. NO class is overpowered. I can beat ANYTHING on my rogue (if they have similair gear to mine). In TBC, enchants like crusader will have a level requirment so that fixes twinks.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by AdventTyke

Reasons why i quit:

Unbalanced PvP- In the battle grounds(BG) For 17-20(Can go lower but im putting that) the pvp was very unbalanced, twinks vs un-twinks, unfair, even on the newer server that happens, 1 reason i quit it because of that.

Stop whining, go out and earn some gold, and twink your character out.  That's what all those other people did.  Later on, when you hit level 60 you'll find players in Tier 3 gear that will destroy your level 0... don't complain... go get some Tier 3 yourself...

But BC is supposed to remove some of that imbalance...

Some-what bad Community-

So i'm standing there in Ironforge, asking for some *Quest Help* There's about 1 thousand people there(Estimated) no one helped me, and what pissed me off so much, theres this guy standing there for 5 hours straight, saying the same thing, but when i asked him for help, he sayed "Shut up asshole"

Your approach was wrong I'm sure.  No one will assist random people who stand around asking for "help" with their quests.  It's a solo game, especially in the early levels.  Sometimes you can ask for people who need to do the same quests as you to group up, but expecting people to "help" you... I'd have told you to get lost too.... (or you can join a guild...many of those folks will help others... not me..but they will)

The sad nerds:
    People take the game too seriously, and that some-times can get very annoying, to alot of people, these so called "Nerds" need to get a life, and get off their computers and do something with their life, i mean c'mon, world of warcraft isn't that good, but to some people, it's their lifes, which it shouldn't be, MMo-Addiction does exist so it seems in world of warcraft.

This was the really pointless part of your post.  Who cares what you think about people's dedication to the game?  While pointing your finger at these "Nerds" keep in mind, you have 3 fingers pointing back at you.

Quest System:

Well, this is a big one, alot of quest do stuff like *Kill 20 Monsters(Example)* Or *Get there in 5 minutes* That is so annoying it is not funny, after you get about lvl 17, you start doing an instance(If you Alliance and choose to)Called VC after Edwin Vancleef i belive, and that is what you can do from about 15-21 depend how many times. That is what i call *Repatative* Doing the same thing over and over, shouldn't that get REALLY boring? I mean cmon, doing something for about 2 hours straight, i call that Gay-mo.

Of course there's lots of quests to do..that was the whole point..to take out pointless grinding at camp after camp like so many other MMORPGS before it.  As to repetitive questing, welcome to MMORPG's, so nice to see someone enjoying their first game.

Thats about it

From your post it seems it took you two months to get up to basically the low 20's. If you didnt take a character up to at least 30 you didn't begin to feel the power of your character.  Sure, WOW has some sucky PvP, and we all hope BC will change that..but....

To you and the other folks here who made it a point to post your dislike for WOW..go away please.  I've played Lineage 2, GW, COV etc etc... and I don't spend my time trolling those forums complaining about why I left or why they blow... I've got better things to do.

If you've got a game you really like..go troll on those forums..but leave us alone here... we are happy with our WOW.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

Really? ::::02:: ::::12::

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    Honestly I have never really seen a balance issue on any of the servers I have played on.  And since linked battlegrounds the ratio is even more even.   As far as going up against twinks the way I look at it is either A) race a character to 60 then grind for gold to make you own 19 twink, B) buy gold to cheat the system or C) quit and move on to something else.

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• haudvicushaudvicus Member Posts: 176

Blizzard, though they try, cannot seem to balance the PvP. They may have succeeded by removing any unique class advantage, but still it's an impossible idea. You'll notice later on if you raid that the number of players contribute to the balance issues, not any distinct advantage to that faction.

I ask you reconsider WoW. For all it does right, it's bound to do something wrong, and Blizzard does indeed try to fix it.

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755

Originally posted by SmurfMagic

Wrong. If you don't have the best gear, you get pwned. Skill plays no part in PvP.

Every single BG has twinks. Every single PvP encounter is dependant on your gear.

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953
    i dunno, for me, i...i just lost it?...i hit 60, did Molten Core like 20 times, ZG, UBRS...i couldnt get into the higher end instances and all that was left for me to do was farm faction really. i didint like the PvP. so that got boring, i made a warrior, got him to 50 and just...pleh! i just got bored...

• tallhall33tallhall33 Member Posts: 10
    I quit back in May of '06.  I played from release up until then and did all the big dungeons and had all the epic gear.  We were on C'Thun in AQ40 before the nerfs when he was literally impossible.  After about a month of attempts on him, the players I even played with began to fight and put down others which we never did before.  This caused lots of drama and made it less fun for me.  To top this off Blizzard nerfed C'Thun due to the public complaints and made me realize they will do anything for the money.  If i cried about the next dungeon, they would nerf it too.  The players were Blizzards test dummies.  We fought and they calculated to where it would be hard but not impossible, and nerfed it.  This, the bad PvP (although I hardly lost due to my gear), the drama, and the repition of instances or faction farming just made me insane.  So I quit.

• FaeldawnFaeldawn Member Posts: 23

It always comes back to the same thing in almost every mmorpg, end game content. As a mmorpg is designed to be a game you cannot actually "finish", it makes having and end-game very difficult.

WoW im afraid for all it's subscribers is the same as most other mmorpg on the market, it gets boring really quickly. They all do the same, disguise "content" by introducing massive time-sink grinding and long pointless raiding.

Face it, WoW will never get pvp right, never dump it's high-level time-sink grinds for actual content because it's just too much for any development team to handle. How do you keep 7million subscribers interested? If you can answer that question without using pointless time-sinks, repetitive raiding or aimless pvp then you have a golden formula that no-game has yet achieved.

Even the best pvp game out, which is STILL DAoC cannot achieve this. WoW never even tried. Dragon Empires thought they had it, but lost it. Warhammer thinks they might have it, but chances are they don't. GW tried, but missed and the list of failures goes on.

Someday someone will crack it, and that'll be the golden new-age of mmorpg's. If this doesn't happen soon, however, the genre is in danger of vanishing into a sea of repetitive crap that no-one will pay to play anymore.

• AdventTykeAdventTyke Member Posts: 22

Zomg Kyle is one of the nerds! Burn him!

I went back to Cov..better pvp and gameplay

Hahah

• Bobjones1303Bobjones1303 Member Posts: 680

Originally posted by AdventTyke

The sad nerds:

I hope you realize that you're posting on a forum board specifically for MMO's and that no one here really cares why you quit, but for some reason you feel the need to waste you're time to make a post that there's already hundreds of per game.
  • ironoreironore Member CommonPosts: 957

Originally posted by Faeldawn
    It
    always comes back to the same thing in almost every mmorpg, end game
    content. As a mmorpg is designed to be a game you cannot actually
    "finish", it makes having and end-game very difficult. WoW im
    afraid for all it's subscribers is the same as most other mmorpg
    on the market, it gets boring really quickly. They all do the same,
    disguise "content" by introducing massive time-sink grinding and long
    pointless raiding. Face it, WoW will never get pvp right,
    never dump it's high-level time-sink grinds for actual content because
    it's just too much for any development team to handle. How do you keep
    7million subscribers interested? If you can answer that question
    without using pointless time-sinks, repetitive raiding or aimless
    pvp then you have a golden formula that no-game has yet achieved. Even
    the best pvp game out, which is STILL DAoC cannot achieve this. WoW
    never even tried. Dragon Empires thought they had it, but lost it.
    Warhammer thinks they might have it, but chances are they don't. GW
    tried, but missed and the list of failures goes on. Someday
    someone will crack it, and that'll be the golden new-age of mmorpg's.
    If this doesn't happen soon, however, the genre is in danger of
    vanishing into a sea of repetitive crap that no-one will pay to play
    anymore.

For sure.  I truly hope that some of the EXTREMELY promising ideas
    kicked around in the "Developers Corner" section forums here on
    MMORPG.COM someday come to fruition.  The genre has never even
    come CLOSE to it's true potential which is the creation of a dynamic
    and interactive world, not throwing a bunch of players into the same
    map and letting them grind endlessly, what is the point of THAT?

IronOre - Forging the Future

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936

Where is your comments on crafting? Ahem!  Did you ever try a profession? Well then, Mr "Mindlessly Boring" I guess this is mindlessly boring too.  At any rate, I do NOT spend forever playing this game due to my, uhm, j-o-b,aka, real life profession.  And I also noticed you had nothing to say about people.  You know, those "other" players.image Yep, how about Ventrilo?  Hmmm, what a concept!  You actually speak to other people while "mindlessly" grinding and questing and boring instances!image  Friendships, no matter what the game, are priceless.  Did you never actually make an acquaintance in-game?  Oh yeah, I forgot you were in a nightmare guild with mental and social-emotional problems.  Oh well, your lose, not mine!  LOL, my guild has probably the best ventrilo server on Uldum server. I come online to talk to my pals and new-found friends.  That's what keeps me coming back!  Social skills! Now, THAT'S A LIFE!

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• HexagenHexagen Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by Googlez
    The game's awesome and it's getting new content every month. NO class is overpowered. I can beat ANYTHING on my rogue (if they have similair gear to mine). In TBC, enchants like crusader will have a level requirment so that fixes twinks.

Agreed. The game is extremely well balanced and developed. Everything is considered and taken care of and things that are not are usually patched up.

Now to address why people quit after first 2 weeks. Initially the game seems fun because lvling up to 12 is a joke. But then the real grind begins and most people who don't have enough patience sudennly find that it takes anywhere from 2-4 hrs to lvl. Oh my oh me!

Well that's what an RPG is supposed to be like.

Yes, general quests are somewhat repetitive and get boring after a while. But the world is so big and there are so many unique quests and dugneons that it fully makes up for it.

Of course, for someone who is more into highly intellectual/strategic gameplay the game will be boring. I find it a bit boring. But if you're one of those. EVE Online my friend - there you will find all what you need. Remember WoW is mostly for people 13-20. It doesn't expect you to be extremely smart and it doesn't offer much emotional or intellectual depth. However, it makes up for it in its sheer size and excellent design.

• GilthaniGilthani Member Posts: 65
    What a joke. 

Bonez
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

• wowlightbrinwowlightbrin Member Posts: 23
    Ya if you pvp and die that means you need to find a diffrent way to kill people ask around and you can get some good tips for pvp. the balance is perfect you just needed more time to get to learn tricks

• AndreaukeAndreauke Member Posts: 16

My little brother re-installed WoW today, but i have promised myself not to start playing. I have played WoW since spring '05, but i have had lots of big breaks and stuff like that. Everytime i had a WoW-break i constantly thought about it, dreamt about making new characters, and had lots of ideas. Everytime i fell back into it, and played more and more. Now i got my main; a Human Paladin into lvl 54, but thats when it just said stop! That was when i finally understood the repetance in the game. On that lvl all instances was hard, and boring. During my lvl 40's i ran ZF about 100 times desperatly in need of the epic "Sul'Thraze the Lasher", but i never got the second part. At lvl 50 i finally quit that instance. Zf was a great instance. Fast, easy, short, and packed with fast paced action until the very end. Of course i got tired of this instance, and the higher lvl'd instances was just even more boring. I found out that paladins are of no use from lvl 54 and up, so i tried to make a new character; a warrior. That is the perfect class for me because i'm not so good at using all those different spells and that, so i started to train it, and it was fun... until lvl 8... or, 10 maybe, but the point it how fast i got tired of everything after i had explored it all. Nothing to explore, only doing the quests in desperate need of a higher lvl. It just did'nt work out. Still... Still I feel that i msut play. I feel that its just so soothing and releaving to just log on and play, but if I log on and play, I will just walk around in ironforge in search of a BRD group, and when i find one it will be disbandet because of two wipes, and one of the members had to go. This happened some times, and my character lvl'ed so slow that it took me 14-18 houres on each lvl, and i did'nt even use much time on PvP, or moneyfarming!

Back to the story; I have finally decided to quit WoW for good, even though I still feel that I should play. It's like a drug. Best way to say it. You know those who take drugs everyday because they feel that it is important or else they wont survive the day? Many drug addicts who has been addicted for years dont really like to take drugs, but they still feel the need. Think now... Is'nt that the exactly same way you feel with WoW? At least it was like that for me. Every day i was in a desperate need of "the escape". You might call me a real nerd now, but in fact i think all of those who spend lots of time eveyday, or only a couple of hours, they often just kinda "hang out" in the big cities of WoW instead of hanging out in the real world. Make some money by "working" in WoW instead of working in the real world for real money, and starting to belive that the virtual profits are all that matters. Sometimes i was just logged on, but i bored the hell out of me. Still, the virtual world was so soothing. On the outside of the bubble that came out of the PC and embraced me so all i could see was the screen, there was only tasks and responsibility waiting for me. Like the daily drug. The marijuana smoke embraces you like a bubble, and all that matters are in that bubble. The world outside is like shit. Problems and responsibility, and all that could not be done because all that is on your mind is the addictment. It is like burned on your eyes, especially when you are trying to sleep. Nothing can be done before you can answer to those needs, so the responsibility has ti be set aside because daily needs comes first, and for very many, these daily needs are WoW.

Still there are more questions. Why do you become addicted to WoW? Why is WoW so much played? It is a simple, unsophisticated, easy made, and a relatively slow game. There are many games who are much more fun and better made, but lesser by the people. Is it the WoW commersials? I dont think so. Honestly, I think WoW are'nt commersializing much compared to other games. Is it that everyone encourages friends to play it so much? It might be, but i dont think it is that either. That is done with many games, but the majority continoues with WoW. I think the key lies in the Colors! It sounds weird, but i thought about it today. My little brother was looking at the raid sets at the WoW community site, and that's when the thoughts hit me. Those armors are not exactly very useable in a real combat. The shoulderpads are insanely big, and there was a lot of stash on every armor-set. They were colorful. Extremely colorful, and they look GREAT! So are the whole world of Azeroth; Fantastic, magic, soothing, and colorful. There are'nt much zones in Azeroth that are grey, exept the Plaguelands, but after all, many peoples think the Plaguelands are kinda boring (exept me because that the only place where paladins were usefulimage). Even the Searing Gorge are colorful in its way. Still the strong, n64-colors dominate in all of WoW, and in many other games where the colors are a little more matt, peoples are complaining about it. It is full of fantasy, and that is was takes us away from this world and into its own. Things you would never have invented by yourself, but you love to learn about. A fake lore of a fake world. Someone who invented a story, and a timeline for something that does not exist. I do not say that it is wrong to fly away from the world in fantasy book, movies, and games, and I am doing that myself, because that is the true need that humans have. I have not studied psychology or something, this is just what hits my head. So called "theories", and its good to share it with others. I belive that the "Escape" is not a thing that only appears in drug addicts and MMo addicts, but in all people, and you have to decide how to fulfill it. Read books are probably the best way, but movies are good too. Games are also good, but of course, if you only do one of the things then that is when i would say you are addicted. Personally i often fulfill that need into music, and i would call myself a "music-addict" because i can spend hours with my guitar just closing my eyes and playing everything that is possible, and often i can get a particular song sticked on my brain, and i am thinking of that song all day until i finally hear it. That referes to what i said about game addiction, or drug addiction. That feeling appeared when i did'nt play WoW anymore. I dont read many books, or watch many movies, so the escape is now in the guitar. Im not cured from the addiction. there is no escape from "the escape", you can only move it to somewhere else, and i think the best way to do that is to part it in different areas so you wont get hung up into one thing.

Back to colors... What I meant about colors is that it is not the colors that addict you, 'cause the addictment has allways been there, but it is the colors that commersialize. It is the colors that makes you think the game is good, and of course, the colors creates the fantasy.

I think thats was about all i wanted to say... Sorry i said so much, but thanks for your timeimage There are acutally nothing I want to achieve with this message, I just needed to clear my head. Though, I'd be happy if you replied! I dont really care if its positive or negative, i just wanna see if someone acutally reads thisimage

So... Thank you for readingimage

• XstortionXstortion Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by ippo
    well pvp in wow is useless. The honor system is based on time=rank not skill.Also battlegrounds a boring. The only fun pvp Ive had in wow was when the game just came out .People would form huge raids up to 100-200 people to attack one of the captial citys. The only bad thing was it would crash the server. But thats the pvp wow should do. I know wow just made some content for some world pvp but it sucks. Their needs to be a huge reward for killing leader of the cities to get more world pvp.

The whole damn game is based on time. Time = skill. The whole game is nothing but a grind, Reputation, Leveling, Etc. Most boring game ever. Good graphic's but the core of the game suck's.

• YaishaYaisha Member Posts: 117

Originally posted by Andreauke

You know those who take drugs everyday because they feel that it is important or else they wont survive the day?
    There are many games who are much more fun and better made, but lesser by the people. Is it the WoW commersials? I dont think so. Honestly, I think WoW are'nt commersializing much compared to other games.
     and i would call myself a "music-addict" because i can spend hours with my guitar just closing my eyes and playing everything that is possible, and often i can get a particular song sticked on my brain
    Back to colors... What I meant about colors is that it is not the colors that addict you, 'cause the addictment has allways been there, but it is the colors that commersialize. It is the colors that makes you think the game is good, and of course, the colors creates the fantasy.

o_o