Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could a noob still make it

BrotheryangBrotheryang Member UncommonPosts: 174
I thought of plaiyng this game but im wanting to know if a noob coulds till make it since i got no toon over level 8 i think 

Comments

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    I'm not sure what your asking. There's newbies all the time, so of course.

• qwepoiqwepoi Member Posts: 106
    yes for sure, eq2 is a very easy game to pick up and has a great community that is always willing to help new players. (from my experience any way) 
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    And with the new expansion just around the corner, theres going to be a lot of low level toons out there.
  • Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    ive been back and forth with the game since 2004.  I make alts all the time, theres always action going on in the lower levels.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937
    Now would probably be a good time to either start or restart eq2.  With the expansion theres gonna be a alot of people rolling alts to see all the new low lvl content. 

• lillinlillin Member Posts: 207

A newbie would do great in this game.  All the vets pretty much left.

You really never need a group to get through the game so you could treat the game as a solo diablo2 type dungeon crawler, if you want the slightly better stuff then group or raid later on with who ever you can find.

Originally posted by lillin

Seriously you have no idea, myself and many many others from the games release are still around.
  • NullapaxNullapax Member Posts: 401
    It's not a race - it doesn't matter when you start to play.
    What matters is that you enjoy yourself.

Well that makes all two of you =)

you do understand you are trolling right now, and by inciting me only lead this on.  Pot kettle anyone?
  • PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267

very constructive, insightful post, lillian.  (sarcasiam intended)

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937
    Actually lillin there are quite a few people playing now that have been playing from release.  This includes every single person in my guild.  Please go waste your time trolling about something you have at least some idea about.

for real, i just did the /who thing and there r quite a few 70s.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

You really never need a group to get through the game so you could treat the game as a solo diablo2 type dungeon crawler, if you want the slightly better stuff then group or raid later on with who ever you can find.

A newbie can indeed do well in this game, but not for the reasons numbnuts here suggests.

Tons of vets still play, and since the 14 year old leets and 'shiny new game' crowd have moved on to find their next superficial sugar rush, those that are left are the more mature and friendly element.

Don't listen to this guy though... this game has nothing in the world to do with D2 and although there IS solo content it isnt enough to treat the game as a solo experience. Too much that is worthwhile and/ or fun simply requires a group. Getting a good guild is necessary, but the game has a robust search function for that to help you along, so no worries.

In short tho, start playing and have fun. EQ2 is undoubtedly the best fantasy MMORPG out there right now and has 2 years of content for you to explore :)

amen

• Eagler777Eagler777 Member Posts: 89
    i think that was a good question, sometimes its really hard to fit in when you start a game really late from its release, but on the other hand ive started games a year after the release and did fine.  i was kinda wondering the same about this game thats why im here looking right now >.> but i think im gonna wait for a new mmorpg be4 i make any chages rite now.
  • BrotheryangBrotheryang Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Thanks for the info everyone looks like ill be picking this game up pretty soon =D

let us know how fast ya put the game back down =)

now c, y u gotta b like that? geez, anyway, gl Brotheryang, join Vox and look up Drlzzt when u get on, ill party with u.

Originally posted by PlanoMM

now c, y u gotta b like that? geez, anyway, gl Brotheryang, join Vox and look up Drlzzt when u get on, ill party with u.

see they just sucking ya in so they can form a complete group, halls are empty.
  • treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648
    My guild is still pretty active in EQII, I play from time to time and honestly no shortage of players.  The guy who's trollin just sounds pissed they made changes to the games core mechanics.  One note if anything will lower the player base Vanguard being on the Station pass could have some negative results.  My guild is split on this, half are staying mainly in EQII and half are moving on to Vanguard, never the less last time I played EQII was very much alive.

yeah, trey, its sad about lillian really.  i feel sorry for him/her.

going to edit this in previous post

going to do the same. lol.