Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth playing

BrotheryangBrotheryang Member UncommonPosts: 174
I am out of mmo's and i hacnt tryed this one uet. i am wondering if its worth playing 

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    It's a tough choice.

Basically, you'll be starting new and you'll be sort of behind in that many people will be max level on their subclass. Furthermore, if you're not interested in the economic aspect then prepare to ebay, if you're not interested in that, then don't play the game.

It's fun, but I'm sure there are better ways to use your time, if you can't find better ways, then try it.

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • AlthiaAlthia Member Posts: 32
    LoL I have ebayed once and that was back in the day when 1 mill = 40 bucks....

You don't have to ebay.. You don't even have be that into crafting.  Newbies all get good gear and for free.  If you are starting a character contact a hero and 9 out of 10 of them will put you in their newbie guild that automatically kicks you after you reach forty and do your second class change.  You can get people to sponsor you so that you can do a quest for top d grade gear.... 

After that depending on the class soloing is easy til around 65 at which time most guild will take you especially if your support (though i wouldn't recommend that for your first character....

Next all you need to do is get a dwarf lvl it to forty and start crafting soul shots.. its easy it only take about 5 mil to get up and running and with in a matter of weeks you can get yourself up to 20mil  from there crafting becomes easy until A grade but thats not even necessary until your 70s and by that time you will know how the market works on the server you choose ^_^

Remember there is a brand new server with chronicle five so if you don't mind a ping time in euro and time differences then you can start out there ^_^... There are a lot more newbies around now though because clans get good rec points for getting toons to 40 so you don't have to be alone when you start the game and by the time your fourty you have a pretty good handle on things ^_^

Now if you don't like to grind and you like to lvl by questing its a bit harder in L2... Read some of the artcles about the game.  Its not called fun for the hard core gamers for nothing.. The grind is horrible and only those who have gotten in a rythem and know where to hunt will lvl fast.... and no thats not botting I am talking 100% live.  the rest of us crawl along but after 75 you pretty good and can switch to a sub class to remind yourself how easy it used to be when you thought lvling was horrible lol

so yeah what makes the game hard is a and s grade crafting as well as the grind.. but other than that its a fun game and has enough content to make the ride go smoothly if you look for it ^_^

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Well given the vast amount of information you negelicted to  give us to work with, like your taste in games, personal preferrence, likes/dislikes and playstyle,  I would say NO.

If you are just "bored" and bouncing through MMO's and L2 is your last stop, L2 is not for you.

Is it woth playing? Yes, for someone who actually has an interest in it. In your case, I don't get that impression.

• docminusdocminus Member Posts: 717
    difficult to answer, as mentioned, with so little info about yourself.

one thing to consider: this is a grind-fest. if you like to grind, you should be happy here. if not, don't bother.
    also, there is a problem with bots....

try silkroad online instead, it's at least for free. and has one of the nicest graphics for a free mmo.

imageimage

SilkRoad is an awsome game for a free to play.

I wish I had the time to level up and get into the PvP aspect. The whole caravan, merchant, hunter, bandit thing sounds intriguing.  

• AlthiaAlthia Member Posts: 32
    there are actually a lot of free to play mmos out there for those who just don't have the play style to make paying for a game worth it

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by Torak

If you are just "bored" and bouncing through MMO's and L2 is your last stop, L2 is not for you.

This is the best advice that anyone can give.

You either play L2 or you don't. It's a hard game and requires something a bit more than just loading it on your computer to see if it's to your taste. More so at this stage in the game where many people are high level and you will be competing against them.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • loopylizardloopylizard Member Posts: 40

Well i played eq and capped out a necromancer, left and went to lineage 2 almost capped out 2 only needed 4 more  lvls to cap but was unwilling to pay the money it would take to buy A grade armor for my characters just to loose to a pve kill pr pvp kill. So i left and went to wow, capped out 3 and left and went to gw. Capped out 2, left and went to eq2. After playing eq I just couldnt get into that game, but its still a very good game so i left and went to rf onlone. I didnt like that game at all so i left and went to ryzom. I have a long way to go before I cap out in that game lol but it seems to be a good game so far. lineage 2 was the absolute worst game i have ever played. if you are more the type who will probuly end up in prison and like to lie, cheet, kill ,and steal, and have no basic morality or like being in the mob or are a chineese adeana farmer who makes his liveing by farming mobs for the drops to sell, and by killing players for there armor, or to just keep you out of the good mob areas that you pay your money each month to play in, so they can make money to sell on e bay, then you would prolly like this game, but if you are a more honest player who likes adventure, comunity, soloing, fairness. crafting, and just leveling up, or just plane fun then you probuley wont like this game. Lineage 2 has a lot of asians playing but has done poorly in the north american and europein markets. lineage 2 only has 10 servers to service all of north america and europ. Wow has over 130 servers to service north america alone and eq has 20 eq2 has 25 just give you a few examples of just how unpopuler lineage 2 is in north america. 

Originally posted by loopylizard
    Well i played eq and capped out a necromancer, left and went to lineage 2 almost capped out 2 but was unwilling to pay the money it would take to buy A grade armor. So i left and went to wow, capped out 3 and left and went to gw. Capped out 2, left and went to eq2. After playing eq I just couldnt get into that game, but its still a very good game so i left and went to rf onlone. I didnt like that game at all so i left and went to ryzom. I have a long way to go before I cap out in that game lol. lineage 2 was the absolute worst game i have ever played if you are more the type who will probuly end up in prison and like to lie, cheet, kill ,and steal, and have no basic morality then you would prolly like that game, but if you are a more honest player who likes adventure, comunity, soloing, and just leveling up or crafting then you probuley wont. 

Hear that guys? We are going to hell.

• loopylizardloopylizard Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by loopylizard
    Well i
    played eq and capped out a necromancer, left and went to lineage 2
    almost capped out 2 but was unwilling to pay the money it would take to
    buy A grade armor. So i left and went to wow, capped out 3 and left and
    went to gw. Capped out 2, left and went to eq2. After playing eq I just
    couldnt get into that game, but its still a very good game so i left
    and went to rf onlone. I didnt like that game at all so i left and went
    to ryzom. I have a long way to go before I cap out in that game lol. lineage
    2 was the absolute worst game i have ever played if you are more the
    type who will probuly end up in prison and like to lie, cheet, kill
    ,and steal, and have no basic morality then you would prolly like that
    game
    , but if you are a more honest player who likes adventure,
    comunity, soloing, and just leveling up or crafting then you probuley
    wont. 

Hear that guys? We are going to hell.

HA HA HA you said that i didnt lol. But sence i played lineage 2 for a year I have earned the right to voice my opinion about this game and if i want to warn other good people what kind of game this is i will defently do so.

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672
    I personally like it.  I have played ~20+ mmos and this one is one of the most interesting.  The community can be quite nice, depending on your server i guess.  Kain's community is pretty kool.  The graphics are really nice for a mmo.  The music is well done (though it seems to be on a really short loop, so a lot of repetition)

The grind can get tedious, but most games seem to have a crappy grind.

Overall I'd recommend you try it out, you never know until you try :)

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

HA HA HA you said that i didnt lol. But sence i played lineage 2 for a year I have earned the right to voice my opinion about this game and if i want to warn other good people what kind of game this is i will defently do so.

You're coming with usimage You're not untainted lol