Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancelled Vet question RE: Current Quests

Hello-

I had a question for current SWG players.  As a vet thinking of trying the trial (have mercy on my soul, I swore I would never do this...) I have heard that the current incarnation of the game leaves questing as the most efficent way to get xp.  Assuming this is true, do you get a quest reset as a vet?  Are there still planetary NPC's that will do this for you?

I quit shortly after the NGE, but had completed many (most?) quests on Kashyyk and had done a few on Mustafar prior to the NGE betrayal.

Seems pointless to me to come back if the toons I invested so much time in are barred from the uber loot (from quests) that sounds necessary to have in order to compete in PVP, as well as being denied one of the more efficient (and diverting) ways to gain xp.

Altre Monserrat - MBH/MP
Aaden Monserrat - Elder Jedi
Starsider - <DFC> - Dark Force Clan

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Loots and stuff have not changed with the quests, the only reason you'd want to do them again is for the XP.  Unless you get a server transfer, your quests can't be reset.

They boosted the XP gained from killing mobs though and it's just as fast to level up through the mission terminals as it is through questing now.  If you take the right missions, you can end up with some nice modded clothing/jewlery loot :)

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    I was informed that the fastest way to level is in space.

I found that to be accurate for my character.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• pjskullpjskull Member Posts: 65

So, none of the Kashyyk (and to a lesser extent, Mustafar) quests give out new (read, highly desirable) loot items after the NGE was implemented or in the meantime?  I was thoroughly disgusted by the NGE, and completed no quests after it's implementation.

Missing out on great rewards because I was one of the people who paid SOE for a long time on multiple accounts would just fry my biscuit all over again...

Altre Monserrat - MBH/MP
    Aaden Monserrat - Elder Jedi
    Starsider - <DFC> - Dark Force Clan

Originally posted by pjskull

So, none of the Kashyyk (and to a lesser extent, Mustafar) quests give out new (read, highly desirable) loot items after the NGE was implemented or in the meantime?  I was thoroughly disgusted by the NGE, and completed no quests after it's implementation.
    Missing out on great rewards because I was one of the people who paid SOE for a long time on multiple accounts would just fry my biscuit all over again...

No, they don't give out any new items from pre-nge quests either on Kashyyyk, Mustafar or whereever :)  Jabbas changed, but you can re-do the quests if you had already done the old series.

• Lukane77Lukane77 Member Posts: 32
    What is this about fastest way to level is in space?  I am leveling up a new commando (doing legacy yet again) and I get about 9 combat xp per kill.  Yes I said 9.  Considering the thousands of xp needed to level this seems like the worst way to do it.  Or maybe I'm stoopid.

Favorite mmorpg's:
    SWG
    WoW

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508
    if you get thr trial you will be able to download the first 3 expansions. so you will be able to do quite alot of grinding by doing quests.

Originally posted by Lukane77
    What is this about fastest way to level is in space?  I am leveling up a new commando (doing legacy yet again) and I get about 9 combat xp per kill.  Yes I said 9.  Considering the thousands of xp needed to level this seems like the worst way to do it.  Or maybe I'm stoopid.

Heh, no Space won't be your quickest way leveling on the ground :)  Head to a mission terminal on the ground.