Darkstarr is telling people that it may help if people try to run the game in compatibility mode.from SotA's forums
We have discovered a major compatibility issue with Unity and Windows 10.
When using Windows 10 to play Shroud of the Avatar, some users are
experiencing intermittent sound hitching and terrain glitches. A
potential workaround that sometimes helps when experiencing these issues
is to run the game in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Instructions for
running SotA in Windows 8 compatibility mode are below.
- Use Windows Explorer to navigate to your installation directory and find the "Shroud of the Avatar.exe" file.
- If you are playing through the launcher, the default location is
either C:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of
the Avatar.exe or C:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the
Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar.exe.
- If you are playing through Steam, the default location is C:\Program
Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SotA\Shroud of the Avatar.exe.
- Right-click your "Shroud of the Avatar.exe" file and select the “Properties” option.
- In the “Properties” window, select the Compatibility tab.
- In the Compatability tab, check the box that says "Run this program
in compatibility mode for:" and select “Windows 8” from the dropdown
- Click “OK” at the bottom of the “Properties” window.
- When you next run the game, it will be running in compatibility mode.