It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Didn't know that star citizen has so many spawning points atm.MaxBacon said:Oh the limit was 60 players, not 60 ships. From what we were talking they report numbers as 100 ships, there was a ship spawning specific stress test where it went up to 120-140 spawned ships that was the breaking point of the server dropping to 10FPS.rpmcmurphy said:This is 17 or so ships in this screenshot, imagine what a clusterfuck it would be if there were 60 ships here...
Out of curiousity, do they have any sort of landing control to manage these ships? It all looks like a bit chaotic to me.
This Twitter article is sounding as if they have created it as an innovation. In the past when they introduced it they surely mentioned it - but in this twitter feed it sounds different.MaxBacon said:They've been pretty clear about this technology belonging to FaceWare not them, and hence the partnership.Turrican187 said:Now when you read this - is your first thought I invented it or do you think that I bought this as a plugin and just added it into my system?
08:30 - 26. Okt. 2017
- FaceOverIP has not been developed by CIG
- FaceOverIP Protokoll has not been developed by CIG
- FaceOverIP is a tech that EQ2 used many years ago
- To Implement FaceOverIP you just have to bind your Blendshapes (that are in the character models nevertheless) to the FOIP system
- FOIP is something that should be implemented after all character model stuff is set up else it wastes to much manhours
- Hell FOIP should be implemented as an extra after your gameloops are working and tested
Its like you buy a LEGO starship model, assemble it and call it your innovation.
The fact that they are hyping this again right before CitizenCon is worrying at best.
High End graphic in a game that will be designed as a MMO.Kefo said:
I don't know but when SC does something that's never been done before then you let me know.