Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: GNGWC Grand Finals Report

Two MMORPGs were featured among the three games entered in the Game&Game World Championships in Suwon, South Korea last week. MMORPG.com was on the scene to bring back the news on Silk Road Online and Shot Online.

image That soon changed, as the Americans recovered from their early problems and took a commanding grip on first place that lasted through the first half of the final. Witeof played the point-gathering character, while Jordan defended. They met their most stiff opposition from the Chinese team, which also boasted the only female competitor to qualify for the finals.

At the midway point, twenty minutes in, China grabbed their first lead of the competition away from the Americans and for a time looked like they were going to a hold it. At the eleven minute mark, the Americans returned to the top, only to lose it with 5 minutes left to China.

As the competition wore down, all the competitors gathered in a single room. The strategy had long since stopped being about beating other monsters, but more about knocking the point totals of their rivals down through PvP. Both Witeoff and the Chinese point leader were killed in the closing moments as spells flew and avatars darted out between giant fantasy monsters on the big screen.

You can read more here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• djaggadjagga Member Posts: 6

In the game  70 % of the players is bot and joymax just watching them and make more servers for botters .
    Is not a human game . They make events for boters .
    So no Gm's in game .

• KatagiriKatagiri Member UncommonPosts: 84
    I  can't understand how a Company that provides a weak "survice" for players can host an event this big....

• ~nightv~~nightv~ Member Posts: 3
    for one both of you dont know what your talking about no the game is not botter based, yes they are working to remove botters, there are some, but none of us in the finals have or ever will use a bot.

the game in korea is linked to there social number so there is no botting of ccf over there.

next time try playing the game before leaving somthing like that as a post.

I would like to thank mmorpg.com for posting this out of all the interveiws we had to do this was one that i was most wanting since i started playing silkroad online from this web site.

• djaggadjagga Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by ~nightv~
    for one both of you dont know what your talking about no the game is not botter based, yes they are working to remove botters, there are some, but none of us in the finals have or ever will use a bot.

the game in korea is linked to there social number so there is no botting of ccf over there.

I would like to thank mmorpg.com for posting this out of all the interveiws we had to do this was one that i was most wanting since i started playing silkroad online from this web site.

i play this game sience alpha ver i made level 70 in 8 month and those boters in 3-4 week . And just make a tour se how many gold farmers there  . And also compare korean botlist to Isro botlist  ,  and the events too.
    Im not saying is a bad game , its a a very cool game but the botters and ccfers are more in game .

Originally posted by djagga

Originally posted by ~nightv~

i play this game sience alpha ver i made level 70 in 8 month and those boters in 3-4 week . And just make a tour se how many gold farmers there  . And also compare korean botlist to Isro botlist  ,  and the events too.
    Im not saying is a bad game , its a a very cool game but the botters and ccfers are more in game .

but in the ksro people mostly buy silk with cash and dont use creditcards, they play the game and dont let botters in.and the gold farmers dont realy do jack to the game. most of the problems come from lv 70 bots, which on troy they have bin cut in half so far and almost all gone. ya there are some new ones but once you cut one it make the person want to bot less
  • KatagiriKatagiri Member UncommonPosts: 84
    I'm not talking about any bots or games, I just said GnG service is poor, it should be better. I don't think you understand my message.

Originally posted by Katagiri
    I'm not talking about any bots or games, I just said GnG service is poor, it should be better. I don't think you understand my message.

it was huge tho, i mean even mtv was there for korea and stuff like that
  • rakshasharakshasha Member Posts: 15
    Im sorry Game World Championships and those are the three games people are forced to play. Sorry no thanks more variety at a two bit Mom and Pop "blockbuster" video store. Read between the lines folks a good part of that was funded by the Korean government. They're trying to get out into the industry.