Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: New Exclusive Q&A

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com is pleased to present a new Q&A from our friends over at Sony Online Entertainment's EverQuest II:

MMORPG.com: What kind of racial traits can we look forward to with the Fae race?

Jared Sweatt: Slow-fall, movement speed increase, power increase, and Fae Fire are the most likely candidates.

MMORPG.com: Since there is no new level cap for adventuring or tradeskilling, willwe see upgrades in Armor and weapons from Xegonite?

Ben Skelly: We’re probably not going to be seeing any major changes to what we currently have for Xegonite weapons/armor. What we will be seeing in the future is increasing their potential through the adornment system.

The adornment system will allow for further enhancements to these items.

You can read the whole article here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

hey

do they have pre generated answers they read from because two different EQ2 Developers gave the same answer.

MMORPG.com: The raid content on Faydark, how does it flow progressionally? Howdoes it compare to DoF or KoS?
    Jared Sweatt:

There will be raids in EoF that are more difficult than anything that has been seen so far. There will also be a few raids that are easier. Not all of the raids in the expansion are geared toward level 70 players in top end gear, but those who are will find their fair share of new challenges.

MMORPG.com: The raid content on Faydark, how does it flow progressionally? Howdoes it compare to DoF or KoS?
    Akil Hooper:

There will be raids in EoF that are more difficult than anything that has been seen so far. There will also be a few raids that are easier. Not all of the raids in the expansion are geared toward level 70 players in top end gear, but those who are will find their fair share of new challenges.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• MaddthwipsMaddthwips Member Posts: 82
    probably just a misprint by MMORPG.com
  • JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

What kind of sweeping game design changes can we expect in the near future?

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416

Heres what should be asked:

MMORPG.com: "What will your next great plan to screw over  your customers be?"

MMORPG.com: "When are you planning to make EQ2 fun?"

MMORPG.com: "How do you plan to repair your reputation as a MMO company after the persistant release of badly coded, buggy and content lacking games. How do you plan to earn your customers trust after freaquent acts of disregard showing that you as a company dont give a shit about your customers."

MMORPG.com: "What great "enhancement" plans will SoE be pushing on Vanguard in a hope to make it "better" but by inadvertedly making it infinately worse?"

MMORPG.com: "When will you stop claiming yourselves 'Worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games'? When the majority if MMO gamers refuse to subscribe to your games as a protest to your ill conduct.

MMORPG.com: "When will SoE be sacking Smedly?"

---

Originally posted by godpuppet

MMORPG.com: "How do you plan to repair your reputation as a MMO company after the persistant release of badly coded, buggy and content lacking games. How do you plan to earn your customers trust after freaquent acts of disregard showing that you as a company dont give a shit about your customers."

MMORPG.com: "What great "enhancement" plans will SoE be pushing on Vanguard in a hope to make it "better" but by inadvertedly making it infinately worse?"

MMORPG.com: "When will you stop claiming yourselves 'Worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games'? When the majority if MMO gamers refuse to subscribe to your games as a protest to your ill conduct.

LOL, u are just one of those anti-SOE idiots. EQ2 not fun? yea, look at its ranking here on MMORPG.com and tell me that ppl dont enjoy it. Majority of MMO gamers refuse to subscribe to their games? where does this info come from, or did u just make that up? quit crying, and go play something else.
  • godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416

Originally posted by Maddthwips

LOL, u are just one of those anti-SOE idiots. EQ2 not fun? yea, look at its ranking here on MMORPG.com and tell me that ppl dont enjoy it. Majority of MMO gamers refuse to subscribe to their games? where does this info come from, or did u just make that up? quit crying, and go play something else.

Hello Mr Ignorant,

Are you having a nice day? I am writing to inform you that you sir live under a rock in a very dark cave. The language used and the arguement made pays absolutely no regard to my points. If you wish to debate the truth in my words place down critisizm and facts. Otherwise you wont mind if I ignore your moronic post and go on with my life.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Anti-SOE Idiot.

---

Originally posted by Maddthwips

Hello Mr Ignorant,

Are you having a nice day? I am writing to inform you that you sir live under a rock in a very dark cave. The language used and the arguement made pays absolutely no regard to my points. If you wish to debate the truth in my words place down critisizm and facts. Otherwise you wont mind if I ignore your moronic post and go on with my life.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Anti-SOE Idiot.

actually, i asked u to post facts, which u have not. so ignore me if ya want, and u can keep posting anti-SOE nonsense.
  • StANDY1338StANDY1338 Member Posts: 49
    what do you think your next major online game will be?

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576

Are you referring to the SWG development team here? I dont remember the EQ2 development team 'screwing anyone over'. If your talking about SWG you probably need to post on the SWG board, this is EQ2, different development team.

They made it fun since launch, I have played MMO's for many years and still enjoy the EQ2 content. You personally may not enjoy it, in which case, unsubscribe and play one of the hundred other MMO's out there.

Which bad and buggy code is this? Again I have played this since launch and dont remember seeing any of this buggy code, unless you are referring to the original memory leak, which was eventually fixed, but actually didnt do anything to effect game play. They did have to reboot the servers once per day in the beginning, during which time they also applied new content via patches, but this was seen as a bonus, and much better than other companies who patch once per week, if your lucky.

SOE is PUBLISHING Vanguard, not developing it, they have no development options in their contract. You may wish to go to the Vanguard forums where the CEO Brad McQuaid has posted confirming this to the fans of that game. But again, this is the EQ2 forums and the EQ2 Dev team have nothing to do with games being published by their employers SOE.

By the majority do you mean the WoW fan base? This is the majority of the MMO fan base, and your correct, they do not subscribe to games like EQ2, as they are subscribed to Warcraft. Do you want to play with these people in games like EQ2? If you miss being with them you could always try WoW, I believe there is even a free trial to download. I presume you "refuse to purchase an SOE game" out of some protest you feel your having about something that someone who worked for the company did about 3-4 years ago, but I'm pretty sure if you didnt post about it no one would notice.

I think Smedly is the cleaner, and its a bit harsh to ask for him to be sacked. You could email the SOE President, John SmedlEY and explain what the cleaner has done to upset you so much, I believe he oftern responds to intelligent emails.

Once again, this is the EQ2 forum. For people who play EQ2. If you dont like EQ2, dont play it. Just unsubscribe, and stop posting about it. Its quite simple. And if your gripe is about another game, published by the company who also publish EQ2, or any other game you happen to have felt so deeply hurt by, you should post it on the relevant forum.

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• WhipsmackWhipsmack Member Posts: 37
    I am a bit surprised by the rankings on this site.  Ive played pretty much every major release mmorpg, and EQ2, (yes even in its current form) is the worst mmorpg i've played.  It just doesn't feel anything like a world, and the graphics / art style is very inconsistant.  What is this expansion going to add other then some gay race and more raid content?