Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Official "We're Angry at SOE" thread

Comments

• ReachwindReachwind Member Posts: 275

Originally posted by Beery

Hehe, you'd be amazed at the number of fanboys who start such threads.  Think about it - after SOE screwed up the game so badly for so long, pretty much the only ones who would stick around are the rabid sycophants who are in complete denial and insist that SOE is the greatest company ever.

You mean the silent majority? You know, since anyone who complains is just the vocal minority.

Former SWG beta tester and player

• pineapplespineapples Member Posts: 84

yeah space warz blows.

i hate sony and words that sound like sony..

pony
    phony
    alamony

if i were a sith and SOE was a jedi, i'd strike him down and he wouldn't become immortal.

• SeanBladerSeanBlader Member Posts: 21
    Just thought I'd add to the SWG dissappointment that's been going around. I don't imagine they'll get back to the numbers they had between space and kashyyyk.
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    I'm angry at $OE for telling me lies in order to solicit my money and time. I hope they regret it now :P

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• NeloodNelood Member Posts: 11

All they have left is tricking vets in coming back by implementing elements of the old system.  Get a few of us for a month subscription to check it out to be heart broken... just gotta remember to cancel before the next billing cycle.

N E L O O D

• darkmarine1darkmarine1 Member Posts: 1
    I'v said this on the SWG forums befor i left........If i ever see Mr. Lucias i'm gunna punch him in the face. I played MXO(matrix online) befor SWG and SOE bought it out and messed it up sooo bad lost almost all of its clienttell.....and since NGE and all that i left SWG befor i went nuts 400 people at peek pop in the server!!!!

Darkmarine
    ex-MXO gamer
    pre-CU SWG gamer
    lvl 88 jedi

• JackBauer24JackBauer24 Member Posts: 283
    I'm really serious about this guys maybe we should organize a boycot against SOE I'm sad to say we cant do it against LA because like ppl said if theres a starwars game it has to go through them.  So RISE UP MY BROTHERS AND buy NO MORE SOE PRODUCTS!!!
  • Aetius73Aetius73 Member Posts: 1,257
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Good to hear, I think SOE are the scum of the MMORPG industry. Anyone agree?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• blueshadowblueshadow Member CommonPosts: 146

I still feel sorrow for what happened to SWG.

The game as it once were, were without a shadow of a doubt the best MMORPG ever created. It had everything. It had freedom, the greatest community. You could truly LIVE in a virtual world. You could set up a shop in a corner and make a career, making money. You could make the character JUST the way you wanted it. And the community was AWESOME! *cries* I miss so many of you.

I have played City of Heroes, EverQuest 2, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft ( currently playing for the 2nd year ). But NO game has what SWG once had.

How the developers could virtually remove every quality aspect of that game making it not even a shadow of it formes self is a mystery to me and something that makes my trust for SOE forever gone!

I remember that day, the day before the fatal Patch and the so callled NGE. In theed. It was so sad. A lot of creature handlers where just standing with their pets. And I remember this Twilek. Wandering around for hours. I talked to her. She had been creature handler since the beta.

Betrayers SOE! you betrayed and backstabed your own loyal crowd of players. And for that you deserve nothing else than a failure and I hope you loose a lot of money on SWG! And learn! Learn how to treat your customers!

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

Originally posted by blueshadow

The game as it once were, were without a shadow of a doubt the best MMORPG ever created.

Absolutely.  SWG at launch was by far the best MMO created.  And even if it was never patched since then, it still would be the best.  No MMO since its release came close to what SWG used to be.  Sure it had its flaws, but even with those flaws it was leaps and bounds better than anything available even today.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• JackBauer24JackBauer24 Member Posts: 283
      I MISS MY CH,BH,JEDI,COMMANDO,RIFLEMAN,and more.  You guys are absolutley right that SWG used to be the best MMO ever.  I too have searched this world for a MMO like the "Old SWG" but, all I found was nothing lol.  SOE is like the worlld, they are greedy,stupid, and could careless about the community.  I think that SOE should burn to the ground.  Even if they come out with a super uber game I will not buy it because I want to see SOE strangle before my eyes.  I suggest you guys follow me and never buy a SOE product again.  Every time I hear SOE it makes me .....I wont even say it.  SWG=ed the best MMO ever.  Now it equals dust in the desert. 
  • FreelancerA4FreelancerA4 Member Posts: 145
    Okay, I'm gonna put it this way: I just downloaded and started playing Space Cowboy. It's a completely free game with no online fees, and I'm having more fun than I did in the NGE. That and I'd also like to mention I saw a whole lot of people actually online and playing in Space Cowboy than I did in Galaxes after the NGE.

• Janko84Janko84 Member Posts: 42
    Burn Burn Burn Burn Burn Burn Burn Burn SOE to the ground 
    that s the only thing u deserve for what u have done.

• Beta909Beta909 Member Posts: 30

SOE, it has been said many times in the past and will be said many times to come.. You are S-T-U-P-I-D.. Stupid. And to clerify Stupid means unable to learn and unwilling to learn. Where as Ignorant is untuaght. However, I can safley call you stupid after the many times you have ruined a near perfect game. You see normally when people lunach a game and get 300,000+ Subscribers they dont say "Hey, lets change the game all togather and get even more". Maybe you were just young and niave at the time, hell maybe it was a stupid mistake I can give you that. HOWEVER, when you had the nerve to try again the second time after losing your population base . Thats all I got to say on that. Now you would think Hey.. we just fucked up the best chance of another UO. Well you did. Now I was very pissed at you, and I tried to stay as long as I could, you fucked it up way to many times so I left. Now after hearing about this "PvP" re-vamp I just decided I had to post on your stupidity. Why in the world do you think SWG is a PvP game? Perhaps once I left it became one.. but the many years I played in your game it had to do with Crafting, Roleplay, Questing, and Grouping. Never did I PvP.. not to say there wasnt any.. but why have your last X amount of publishes focused on this minor part of the game.. Again.. I just have to say you are Stupid.. and that I will never buy another product under you again.. never.

- Pissed off.

Games Tried:
    Star Wars Galaxies (Pre-NGE): 9/10
    Planetside: 7/10
    Horizons: 4/10
    Eve Online: 8/10
    Asherons call: 3/10

• ClackamasClackamas Member Posts: 776

Anyone seen the trailer to Ghost Rider?  Most stupid graphics I have seen....

GhostRider Movie
  • Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Member Posts: 1,872

Might as well add my bit to it.

$0E sucks quite badly. They messed up SWG and they're working on EQ2 and PS as we speak... goodbye $0E.

• LT.DauteriveLT.Dauterive Member Posts: 48

i hate swg, so dose lots of other people on this site! when you first buy the game you spend, what? 20 bucks on it? and it takes like an hour to install and  make your account...yada, yada, yada all that boring stuff! so when you get to one part to ask you choice of payment, choice of payment you ask? how much could this game be a month? 5 dollars a month? ? 7 dollars a month? 25 dollars a month!!!! wth?   (swg box:30 days free trial!) great...i spent 20 dollars on a game that is freakin 25 dollars a month! but to get to my point, i dont know whos in charge of swg or who calls the shots, but that is riddiculas! i mean why that much? im sure it dosn't cost that much to run the game and all, so why 25 a month? but theres more deals you can get, like the two month deal which is a little cheaper, but thats not the point! NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD IT! I MEAN WHY CANT THE MAKE IT FREE! OR AT LEAST CHEAPER! i just cant see why not? i played it for 2 months and so did my friend and i never touched the game since! ive looked at lots of sites that reviewed the game they said they game used to have a lot better stuff and they  and they took it all away, and in swg there is no "community" (as some people say) you never see anyone unless you stay in mos eisley and thats just boring! like i spent alot of time in corellia, at there was no one there! so eventually theres not gonna be enough people, because from the review sites i went to they all siad they game gets less people everyday but im sure it would have lots of people if they made it cheaper (or free) but this game is a discrace to all gamers, and starwars fans! i mean what would george lucas say? so everyone "BOYCOTT SWG"! please everyone make a copy of it and send it to everyone you know that hates swg and see if we can get this circulating around.

LT.Dauterive, Not that I dont agree that paying more then 5 dollars a month for an MMORPG is kind of retarted (Lets face it if you get a good enough game a server is not that much to run.. so say 100,000 people at 5 dollars is half a million. Thats good enough to run any server.) But beside that $OE's station pass is what you were looking to buy (I.e. it runs SWG, EQ2, Planetside, EQ, etc.) SWG by itself only costs 15 dollars a month. Not that its much better.. the game now its not even worth the $20 box price if you ask me. I agree with you 100% on what you are trying to say.. but you are just mistaken on that fact. (Ulness they rasied it since I left which would explain the more hate they have obtained since then... *Shrugs*).

- Jeerota

Games Tried:

• pug41478pug41478 Member Posts: 4
    i just want to say about this game iit's the worse game i have ever played in my life......and i have played a lot of games EQ,DAOC,COH,COV,EQ2 and by far this is the worse of all time i think..........the only nice about this game i found was the graphics and the where not even all that good but i just thought i would like to voice my opinion about how crappy this game was...............and thank you for looking at my little post

When did you start playing the game? I think every agrees with your post to the current game status.. but before it was something else.. However I am just day-dreaming of the old days (Pre-Pub 9). So feel free to throw things at me.. *Wink*.

Games Tried:

S.O.E is a S.O.B !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid $oe........

everyone plz help me or ganzie this boycott!!!!!! we title it "BOYCOTT SWG!" will be our logo!!!

ok everyone this is an e-mail i typed up im going to post on here plz , copy, and paste on to an e-mail and send this to every sw fan you know!!! please we need to make this work! please everyone do this, this is the e-mail:

Attension all geeks, gamers, and starwars fans!

im sure you have heard of the mmorpg named "starwars galaxies" if not, its a massively multiplayer online role-playing game, and to get straight to the point....it sucks......i dont mean, really bad game play, or poor grafics, its actually a preety cool game, but when you first buy the game you spend, what? 20 bucks on it? and it takes like an hour to install and  make your account...yada, yada, yada all that boring stuff! so when you get to one part to ask you choice of payment, choice of payment you ask? how much could this game be a month? 5 dollars a month? ? 7 dollars a month? 25 dollars a month!!!! wth?   (swg box:30 days free trial!) great...i spent 20 dollars on a game that is freakin 25 dollars a month! but to get to my point, i dont know whos in charge of swg or who calls the shots, but that is riddiculas! i mean why that much? im sure it dosn't cost that much to run the game and all, so why 25 a month? but theres more deals you can get, like the two month deal which is a little cheaper, but thats not the point! NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD IT! I MEAN WHY CANT THE MAKE IT FREE! OR AT LEAST CHEAPER! i just cant see why not? i played it for 2 months and so did my friend and i never touched the game since! ive looked at lots of sites that reviewed the game they said they game used to have a lot better stuff and they  and they took it all away, and in swg there is no "community" (as some people say) you never see anyone unless you stay in mos eisley and thats just boring! like i spent alot of time in corellia, at there was no one there! so eventually theres not gonna be enough people, because from the review sites i went to they all siad they game gets less people everyday but im sure it would have lots of people if they made it cheaper (or free) but this game is a discrace to all gamers, and starwars fans! i mean what would george lucas say? so everyone "BOYCOTT SWG"!

If you have any questions please contact me at [email protected] my name is Paul

remeber! send this to all gamers and sw fans!

This discussion has been closed.