Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Divergence: Added To List, First 5 Screens

Today, we were happy to add Divergence to our game list. This sci-fi MMORPG makes a lot of bold promises and uses the Big World engine to great effect. Here are the first five screenshots from the game.

image image image
image image

You can let us know what you think on their hype meter.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

And the first text we read from the game reads, "Up yours Brians!!1"

At any rate, the screens look great. And it's sci-fi. But Devs have made me become very bitter over the years. I'll keep an eye on it...just like everything else.

Joined - July 2004

• MinimumMinimum Member UncommonPosts: 236

Kind of hard to hype something when there is 0 information about it on their own website.

Let them post something about what it is they are trying to accomplish, and how.  Not the usual garbage about how they're going to "listen to the players".

Once they have something real, then we can rate it.

• CowinspaceCowinspace Member Posts: 671

Originally posted by Minimum

Kind of hard to hype something when there is 0 information about it on their own website.
    Let them post something about what it is they are trying to accomplish, and how.  Not the usual garbage about how they're going to "listen to the players".

Have you bethered reading the stuff in their game info section? It is most definetly not 0 Information.

I like some of the initial ideas on creating new species/varients through disease and genetics, I hope that makes it in. Still reading most of the race data.

Just read the flaws section and got this:

Your character can have Tourette's syndrome, which randomly places an
    offensive slur or two in your aloud sentences, and in turn gain the
    ability to pole-dance like it’s going out of style.

If they keep to their proposed ideas I can definetly see myself subscribing (just need something to fill the years inbetween.

• MinimumMinimum Member UncommonPosts: 236

Originally posted by Cowinspace

Originally posted by Minimum

Have you bethered reading the stuff in their game info section? It is most definetly not 0 Information.

Nope, I missed it.   But I did look....honest -)

I"ll go back and check it out now.

Ok, now that I've read it...I liked the races, got the the open PVP part, and didn't bother going any farther.  Just another gankfest in my mind anyway.   We have plenty of those already, just what we need, another one.

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762
    This game *Literally* sounds too good to be true. I read their "info" page and all the races/features of housing, vehicles, social aspects of the game and what not. Just sounds like they are promising WAY to much unless the game is going to launch 2012 or something.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440
    With the graphical detail and the fact it is made by a small company.  I can see it being released in 2010 or later.

• GonodilGonodil Member Posts: 335

Unless they have a major backer dumping tons of money into this, I doubt they could even achive good class/race/tons of other options balance.

It sounds good and different on paper, but so did EQ2.

Though i am hankering for a sci fi mmo that doesnt suck, while fearful that their open PvP system will turn out like EVE (you can't leave the newbie zone, sorry!)

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
    Is this the sequal to the highly anticipated Dawn mmorpg ?

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• virtuellavirtuella Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Why does this whole thing reminds me of Dark And Light all over again?

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424
    THe image with the text has just been photoshoped in tbh, none of those screenshots r ingame

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• atlaznboiatlaznboi Member Posts: 100
    whoa looks like the new cry engine 2. be awesome if that was real time.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Thoes screens are from vue 5 infinite

Not "Phoshoped" they are not in engine screens, they are pre-renderd.

But, they are using them as Concept art. MMORPG.com staff have them as "Screen shots".

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
    I always wondered. As long as these aren't in-game shots, why not make them more interesting, like a guy getting his skull smashed in by a flying monkey or something, just an example.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• jsbuchwaldjsbuchwald Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Gorukha
    a guy getting his skull smashed in by a flying monkey or something.

I would buy that game in a heartbeat!

As for this title... it looks promising on the verge of over-extending itself.  I'd like to see more from the character creation side, since I doubt they'll have a real home world of "Margaritaville".
  • boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540
    i agree i think some heavy gore and hard profanity and just twisted sick storylines are missing in most mmo's, If there was an mmo that was 18+ that had stuff like you rip there stomache open and comit sebuku on them and there intestines just slurmed out thyere guts and blood sprayed all over , i would give it a try.

playing eq2 and two worlds

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    When i see unplayable backdrop scenery ,it means nothing to me,so i have nothing to say about ...err well nothing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VagelispVagelisp Member UncommonPosts: 448

http://www.bigworldtech.com/games/index.php

Dark & Light
    Dark and Light (DnL) used the BigWorld server technology to create ‘The largest MMOG you have ever seen’. DnL’s world is approximately 40,000 km² with several kingdoms and the Dark and Light factions fighting for supremacy in this magical realm.

I think it is better for the Quality of MMORPGs Not to post screenshots from Games that are just in the imagination of their creators and they use engines that failed in the past...

• DeletedAcctDeletedAcct Member Posts: 883

[quote]Originally posted by Vagelisp
    [b][url=http://www.bigworldtech.com/games/index.php]
    Dark & LightDark and Light (DnL) used the BigWorld server technology to create ‘The largest MMOG you have ever seen’. DnL’s world is approximately 40,000 km² with several kingdoms and the Dark and Light factions fighting for supremacy in this magical realm.
    I think it is better for the Quality of MMORPGs Not to post screenshots from Games that are just in the imagination of their creators and they use engines that failed in the past...
    [/b][/quote]

The engine didn't fail, the morons trying to use it failed.

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636
    looks nice!
  • DarqDarq Member UncommonPosts: 31
    I was going to say "wow" but those aren't screenshots. I don't really care about prerendered concept art.

• BruesonBrueson Member Posts: 6
    The are trying to bring something new to the MMO world.  Something we have all been asking in one way shape or form.  The more we talk about it and give them feed back.  The better the game will be.  If we talk about it enough and things start going in the right direction from the beinging then there is a better chance they will get the financial backing they need to live up to our expectations.  So spread the word, and slap your friends when they make retarded posts that don't better the game.
  • DeletedAcctDeletedAcct Member Posts: 883

Originally posted by Brueson
    The are trying to bring something new to the MMO world. Something we have all been asking in one way shape or form. The more we talk about it and give them feed back. The better the game will be. If we talk about it enough and things start going in the right direction from the beinging then there is a better chance they will get the financial backing they need to live up to our expectations. So spread the word, and slap your friends when they make retarded posts that don't better the game.

Sorry, that's not how it works. They shouldn't even be here,honestly. They have no game in development. They have IDEAS, RENDERED ART that isn't even theirs, a couple of drawings any of us could do, and they don't even have capital yet to buy one of the engines they are supposedly choosing between. It is not our job as gamers to help them raise financial backing. If they have something worthwhile, they should be able to get it on their own. It is not up to us to build hype for a game that HASN"T EVEN BEGUN DEVELOPMENT, it is up to them to begin development and then come here when they can show something that is their own making. You don't wanna hear "retarded" post that don't better the game? Then stay the hell away until they have a game to better.::::09::

• JixxalaJixxala Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by virtuella
    Why does this whole thing reminds me of Dark And Light all over again?

Well, the concept sounds good, then again so did the hype DnL pumped out.  I don't like the pre-rendered concept art, I can do that myself, but can't program pong.  So far it seems like this game is following in DnL footsteps, not a good sign really.  I wish them luck, but this will not make the PF top 10 list of games to watch until they have a little more solid progress and less "trust us it will be cool".

So basically, yeah what Virtuella said.

Jixxala
    Pegasus Foundation
    -Leadership team
    -Chapter leader

• holycannoliholycannoli Member Posts: 236

Yeah, sounds like Dark and Light all over again.

And those screenshots are definitely not accurate. They've really been touched up, just like Dark and Light's screenshots were.

• crow21crow21 Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Gorukha
    Is this the sequal to the highly anticipated Dawn mmorpg ?

Oh man.  One of the all-time great letdowns.
This discussion has been closed.