Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: SUMO Omni Review

Recently, the Fedex guy dropped off the largest box we'd ever received. We get boxes here all the time, but inside this one was the SUMO Omni, a bean-bag (or pillow) chair. The makers insisted it was good for console and laptop gaming. Here is our review:

image I was shocked; the chair is actually exceedingly comfortable. The only flaw is actually getting out of it again, which can be a struggle. As a piece of furniture, it’s great. It looks nice - ours is black - can be stowed away rather easily if you’re trying to class the place up a bit and is definitely a comfortable place to watch TV.

In fact, it quickly became the center of attention for any and all visitors. At parties, people actually went so far as to try and drag it upstairs to the bathroom so that no one would steal it in their absence.

We did note, however, that there seems to be a direct correlation between the size of the user and the level of comfort (the girl in the pictures is probably quite short). The lighter and shorter you are, the better the chair is. For my eight year old half-brother, it acted as a bed.

You can read more here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424
    Only if she comes with the chair

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• LumsterLumster Member Posts: 230

Get a life scaramoosh, sheesh.

I knew that the first comment wouldn't be about the chair but about the woman.

Horny little brats, stop destroying your braincells with alcohol.

• BelsamethBelsameth Member Posts: 193
    I ain't no brad, not anymore at least, but I would fancy that chair as well if it came with said lady attached ;)

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

This has probably been the most random review ever.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Does the lady in the chair work for mmorpg.com?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MrNoseMrNose Member Posts: 3
    Damnit!!  Why does no one ever want me to review a chair for them!!  I like sitting!!  

• DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

Originally posted by Greatness

This has probably been the most random review ever.

Agreed.

Nonetheless, it is kind of related and they really wanted us to review it... so I figured it couldn't hurt.

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com
    Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

• PlanetNilesPlanetNiles Member Posts: 101

I like the look of the chair and have added it to my wishlist "in the event of being able to afford it".  If I was looking to furnish a media room or something they would certainly rate highly and I'd probably get one of each colour or something.  However since my partner and I are certainly each exemplars of the tall/large descriptive 'proper' furniture would also be required.  (Perhaps a few Aarnio Eero Ball chairs or a sofa or something)

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -- The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

• alienpriestalienpriest Member Posts: 39
    You have got to be joking me.

I don't come here to read adverts about freaking chairs. I guess you gotta pay the bills somehow. A little payola is one thing, but this has nothing to do with your site's theme even.

Keep it up, and you will loose eyeballs on your page.

• mlambert890mlambert890 Member UncommonPosts: 136

Originally posted by alienpriest
    You have got to be joking me.

I don't come here to read adverts about freaking chairs. I guess you gotta pay the bills somehow. A little payola is one thing, but this has nothing to do with your site's theme even.

Keep it up, and you will loose eyeballs on your page.

Jeez... Lighten up.  Most gamers spend 90% of their time on their lazy @#$ anyway, so I think its pretty relevant.  If it really bothers you, just dont read the review.  Why is that such a big problem?

There are a million other sites that do in depth hardware review.  It's not a core competency for MMORPG.com and it would be a distraction.  Personally, I'd rather see them do a wacky review like a chair then try to tackle Core 2 vs AMD FX memory bandwidth utilization analysis in Linux clustering applications.  If the editors were to say "sorry, we couldnt do a WarHammer Online Review because we had to review this neat couch mountable cup holder", then maybe you'd have a point.

• sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606
    chair looks comfy and so does the well you know

• Synyster777Synyster777 Member Posts: 301
    sex doesn't sell no sirree bob...... GIMME A CHAIR NOW!!

Lend a hand and break the chains of regularity you lean so closely upon

• fallenSaintfallenSaint Member Posts: 5

Heh, kinda strange seeing the review up here on MMORPG just a few days after I had broken down and ordered mine.  I truly think the thing is a great laptop gaming chair if you add in the use of a lap tray with it, then you can use a normal mouse and not slow cook your legs as the thing heats up but the chair can withstand the long gamer hours.  I personally appreciate the review I don’t think gaming sites should deadest on games alone. 

~faaip de oiad

• maledicta777maledicta777 Member Posts: 95
    And the award for most erotic pose with a bean bag chair goes to...