Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am looking for a WoW-like game...

raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326

To all the WoW haters…take a deep breath.  My personal opinion is that WoW is a lousy GAME but an excellent PRODUCT.

I am looking for something that I can get into easily and have fun immediately.  I don’t care if the end-game blows as I am only looking for a light MMOG for a short time, say 5-6 months.

The two main characteristics I am looking for are: an excellent interface and fun combat.  These are two of the reasons why I said WoW is a good PRODUCT.  Their intuitive interface is the best I have experienced and from the moment you kill your first wolf/bat/pig/spider in the newbie area, the combat simply feels “right” and is fun.

So, given those requirements, any suggestions?  I was thinking of maybe Auto-Assault?

Comments

• TamalanTamalan Member Posts: 1,117

EverQuest 2

City of Heroes/Villains

• raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326

Originally posted by Tamalan

City of Heroes/Villains

Bingo!  I forgot all about these two.  From what I have read, these games are "light" MMOGs with good graphics, interface, animations, and combat.  Sounds like a good fit for a few months.  Thanks.
  • aphoniamuteaphoniamute Member UncommonPosts: 42
    City of Heroes/Villains is extremely fun......... For like the first month.  After that it gets super super super repetitive. Unless something has changed recently EVERY quest was pretty much the same.  And since there isn't really armor or weapons...  Anyway you'll probably want to quickly find a supergroup to join and do pvp type battles because questing is kind of boring.

I want to see a car chase quest gosh dang it.

• JefusCrhistJefusCrhist Member Posts: 23
    STAY AWAY from Auto Assault!

Gquit, 60 Dwarf Priest, Chromaggus EU

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Auto Assault and City of Heroes/villains would be a good choice.